ATH-AD1000X or HD 650? It's a hard decision..

Which would be best for what I'd use them for? (Price doesn't matter in-between the two)

• Sennheiser HD 650

• Audio Technica ATH-AD1000X

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 28, 2017 at 1:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

EthanBenard

New Head-Fier
I've been struggling all day trying to figure out which headphones would be better for me without actually being able to try them out. I like the Audio Technica brand and I've always wanted to try more of their products, however, I'm currently using the Sennheiser HD 598s and like them a lot. I need new heaphones so I can give these to someone, so I'm looking for an upgrade. Any thoughts or suggestions comparing the Audio Technica ATH-AD1000X and the Sennheiser HD 650s? Also note: I currently have an Audio Technica microphone so it would also be more aesthetically pleasing to have a pair of headphones that share the same brand to me. When it comes to what I'd be using them for... I'd be listening to music, monitoring audio, video / audio editing, and doing a lot of gaming as well. I'd be plugging them into a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface.

Apr 29, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #2 of 2
Well, since you stated your going to do a lot of gaming, I'd say get the AD1000X instead. The HD650 soundstage is non-existent. But then you also have the issue that the 2i2 output impedance is 10 ohm and the AD1000X has an impedance of 40 ohm. Either get the AD1000X but you'd need to find a different device with a lower output impedance to output to or you'd have to deal with the HD650 non-existent soundstage.

Edit: You could opt for a HD600 too though actually but it's soundstage isn't that much better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back