Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD Recorder) at Tokyo Headphone Festival
Mar 27, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #916 of 1,018
  The day there's offline Tidal on an AK player is the day I buy one :)

Similar to what I said before: "the day Tidal comes to AK is the day I bought one".

Tidal has since arrived and I have purchased an AK player.

I will now mend my statement to this: "the day offline Tidal comes to AK, is the day I will upgrade to the AK320"

Now lets keep on pushing Tidal and AK to bring this into fruition :)

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #918 of 1,018
Just had a brief flirtation with a most-recent "flavor-of-the-month" DAP, and after being somewhat underwhelmed by the SQ, and most definitely frustrated by the software and bugginess, I have returned, happily, to my trusted and beloved AK300. Solid build, great UI, easy to load up, great sound with my SE846. Hope I can be forgiven for straying!

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #919 of 1,018
Just had a brief flirtation with a most-recent "flavor-of-the-month" DAP, and after being somewhat underwhelmed by the SQ, and most definitely frustrated by the software and bugginess, I have returned, happily, to my trusted and beloved AK300. Solid build, great UI, easy to load up, great sound with my SE846. Hope I can be forgiven for straying!

What is this FOTM DAP that you speak of?

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #920 of 1,018
What is this FOTM DAP that you speak of?

The main thread of this unnamed DAP has been hovering around the top of this portable gear forum for the last coupla weeks since it went on sale (and for months since the "tour" started). I prefer ease of usability, and learning curves while they can be rewarding, kinda scare me off. The AK300 is all I really need right now (except for one of those fancy 256gb SD cards!).

Mar 29, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #921 of 1,018

DX200?

Mar 29, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #922 of 1,018
Mar 29, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #923 of 1,018
X5III, though I am afraid I'm gonna get tarred-and-feathered for not thinking it was all that!

I am partially biased, but all the FiiO products look and feel like inferior products. Not to mention the ugly out-dated UI lol. 

If I didn't have my AK300, I would get something from Sony.

Mar 30, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #924 of 1,018
X5III, though I am afraid I'm gonna get tarred-and-feathered for not thinking it was all that!

​Nah, it all depends on the synergy with what you have. For the price to performance and features, X5iii is great. However I didn't like the synergy with my A12 and HD650 so I gave that a pass as much as I wanted to like it :frowning2:

Mar 30, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #925 of 1,018
I am a new owner of the AK300 and I love it. I am looking to get some new in ears to do it justice. I recall a few posts saying go for an in ear that has a balanced cable as the AK300 is better with this.
I am a novice in all of this so bear with me........is this a must stick to type of recommendation.
I will have to buy blind so should I ONLY consider in ears with a Balanced cable?

Thanks

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #926 of 1,018
  I am a new owner of the AK300 and I love it. I am looking to get some new in ears to do it justice. I recall a few posts saying go for an in ear that has a balanced cable as the AK300 is better with this.
I am a novice in all of this so bear with me........is this a must stick to type of recommendation.
I will have to buy blind so should I ONLY consider in ears with a Balanced cable?

Thanks

If you want to get the maximum SQ out of the AK300, then yes. I don´t know anyone, who didn´t hear a clear difference between the SE and Balanced Output of AK Daps.

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #927 of 1,018
If you want to get the maximum SQ out of the AK300, then yes. I don´t know anyone, who didn´t hear a clear difference between the SE and Balanced Output of AK Daps.

Thanks for the reply , I am considering a lot of in ears but think I am leaning towards Campfire Audio , so would maybe get a balanced cable further down the line

Users who are viewing this thread

Back