Are there counterfeit 1more Quad drivers on ebay? Just bought a set, and they sound like crap!
Jul 23, 2017 at 11:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

fjhuerta

I gave Jude an Orpheus and all I got was this lousy title.
1500824317272213203402.jpg
15008243563302012507967.jpg
1500824373249-1158741273.jpg
15008243982091750044438.jpg
Hi there! A couple of days ago, I bought a set of 1more Quad fi earphones here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122504170487

They seem to be a very reputable store. I got them for $170.

The problem here is, they sound like crap. My ER4s, which they were meant to replace, is so much better than this, it's absurd. They have no highs whatsoever, and cymbal crashes sound like they were muffled with a pillow. Everything sounds as if it was muffled.

I've tried different tips, and an amp. Nothing helps.

The headphones themselves are beautiful, the box seems complete, and except for everything being in Chinese, I assume these are real. I have tags and everything.

I'm seriously thinking about just sending them back. They are so bad they make my stock Samsung earphones sound like hi fi.

The thing is - could they be counterfeits? I'm starting to believe they are.... They can't sound this bad. Everyone raves about them...

Opinions?

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 18
That does not sound like any kind of 1More Quad I know about. The Quad's treble extension is better than the 1More Triple's, IMO, and the Triple is nowhere near as bad as you are hearing. Your experience doesn't make sense if you have a legit Quad, to me.That said, the appearance of your Quad looks fairly legit--to me. So, I don't know. Maybe it is counterfeit. I wish you luck sorting this out. I would, if it were me, probably return them and buy a pair from someone like amazon.

Jul 23, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #3 of 18
I've been listening to them after burning them in with pink noise.

There are no dynamics. No punch. Music is flat.

There is very little treble, and what I can hear is not extended. It's there. It's just not exciting, or nice.

Bass is excellent. Mids are terrific. They are at least as good as the Etys in the midrange, and better than them in the bass.

They remind me of the Shure 535. When I heard them, I thought they were incredibly boring.

I have to assume at this point I simply don't like them. They have all documentation, they are complete, they have all tags, everything is original, workmanship is first rate.Box, manual, case, it's all there, first rate. They are definitely not clones, that's for sure. A clone does not look 100% like the real thing, and include everything the original does.

I wonder if I got them cheaper because they are damaged, but I don't think so. One of the drivers would sound different, I assume. Both sound exactly the same. They have no noises, no nothing.

The seller is charging me $25 to restock them. That's insane.

I guess I'll just sell them myself. At this point, I'm convinced they are real, and that I just don't like them at all. The same thing happened with the SE535.

Jul 23, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #5 of 18
Never again will I buy stuff online. I just listened to the Leica Master and Dynamic 0.95 at the store, and my jaw fell to the floor. I'm selling the 1more and getting the Leica. There's no substitute to listening to headphones before committing. Lesson learned!

Jul 24, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #7 of 18
Jul 25, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #9 of 18
hey guys - sorry you had a bad experience with your purchase. I am the PR Director for 1MORE and want to make sure you guys enjoy your experience with our products. Sounds like a defective or returned pair sold by a third party. I encourage all Fiers to buy from our site, or Amazon as we have a 12-month warranty for issues like this. Also, we have never had issues with counterfeits, our technology is too difficult to replicate. DM me and I will help you get into a working pair.

Ari

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #11 of 18
Either you have a defective pair, or your laptop (pictured) cannot drive them.
These require some power to drive and if you plug them into a crappy source like that laptop, its unlikely that they are going to sound that great.

Jul 27, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #12 of 18
That laptop can power HD-600s. It's a little beast. I was trying to burn them with it. No change (as expected).

Anyway, I tried them with my LG V10 and my Fiio E18. No luck.

Jul 28, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #13 of 18
That laptop can power HD-600s. It's a little beast. I was trying to burn them with it. No change (as expected).

Anyway, I tried them with my LG V10 and my Fiio E18. No luck.

So then its defective most likely.
The thing with BA drivers is that if you abuse them you can literally break them.

So who knows what this seller did with them, or if they were straight defective and they decided to list them on ebay.

I can tell you that from listening to the quads on a daily basis for ~6-10 hours that they definitely don't sound anything like how you described them. They are some of the best IEM's period

Jul 29, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #14 of 18
Well, the seller doesn't respond on eBay. That's always a bad sign, I guess.

Aug 8, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #15 of 18
The earphones are on their way back to 1MORE USA.

I tried to like them, but the more I listened to them, the more I realized something's weird about them. They do have highs, and upper mids. They sound muffled and distant, though. They do not sound like any other headphone I own.

I don't know if they are defective, or they have been counterfeited, but I guess it's a good idea to send them to the 1MORE folks, and see if something is to be learned from my unit.

In the meantime, I found out I had a couple of points on my credit card, and I bought the 1MORE Triple Drivers. From Amazon, this time around.

Thanks a lot, Ari.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back