Anybody figured out the new site yet?
Jul 1, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #496 of 509
I've had this request from a couple people previously, so I'll pose the question here: what would you guys rather see, an email notification for every post or only one like it's setup now? We're considering adding something like Huddler's "daily digest" to our notification options for those who liked that system, so that's a different topic. As far as notifications for a new post in the thread, would it be better to receive one email per visit or one for every post?

Only one, please. That way, I know there's posting on that thread and I can go check it out. Thanks for asking...

RCBinTN

Jul 1, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #497 of 509
Clearly some changes to email have been made as Ive begun getting emails to threads I havent seen since the site changed to the new format...so thats a good thing.

Jul 1, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #498 of 509
We're tweaking some of our site and email host settings based on feedback to try and get things flowing smoothly. I don't think we're done yet, but we are at least making forward progress.

Our goal is to get the new platform feeling as comfortable and welcoming as Huddler's was. We still have a lot of work ahead of us to get there.

Jul 26, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #499 of 509
Am I correct in saying that hovering over the Forums/Articals/Head Gear/Gallery/Sponsors are no longer "automatically" drop down windows?
I just had to click on them in order to get the drop down window, which I find is awesome! Otherwise, I found it quite annoying while moving my cursor across the screen while drop down windows were cluttering everything.
Thanks.

Aug 4, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #501 of 509
I've noticed that e-mails are now showing "John Doe quoted you" like they did with the previous platform, but still having very long delays receiving
e-mails. I've also noticed Head-Fi has been loading very slowly, or sometimes not at all for a long while. I'm using Safari and macOS Sierra 10.12.6
Has anyone else been experiencing this lately?
Thanks

Aug 5, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #502 of 509
I've noticed that e-mails are now showing "John Doe quoted you" like they did with the previous platform, but still having very long delays receiving
e-mails. I've also noticed Head-Fi has been loading very slowly, or sometimes not at all for a long while. I'm using Safari and macOS Sierra 10.12.6
Has anyone else been experiencing this lately?
Thanks
Yeah, it's still not working properly. I get posts I'm quoted on, and yes, delayed. And I'm getting a very, very, small percentage of any of the current comments on threads I'm subscribed to. The email connection really doesn't work at all; very random in what shows up. The website itself seems to be loading a little more slowly for me as well, especially going from the home page to the forums page. I'm using Windows 10.

Aug 5, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #503 of 509
Yeah, it's still not working properly. I get posts I'm quoted on, and yes, delayed. And I'm getting a very, very, small percentage of any of the current comments on threads I'm subscribed to. The email connection really doesn't work at all; very random in what shows up. The website itself seems to be loading a little more slowly for me as well, especially going from the home page to the forums page. I'm using Windows 10.
Thanks for the reply.
Now at least I know it's not my browser/OS.

Oct 8, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #504 of 509
I have a pair of headphones in the F/S forums which I would like to also add below my signature. Can someone help me out with this being I can't seem to find this option whereas it was located at the bottom of ones signature with the older platform. Thanks.

Also, still not receiving e-mail notifications from H-F only.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #505 of 509
Is it me, or does anyone else have a problem with receiving email notifications from their subscribed threads? I'm receiving all other emails except emails from H-F and their site is not blocked in my mail settings, nor are the emails going into any other folders. I used to receive emails intermittently and for the past week+ I haven't received any at all. I've checked all of the boxes next to my "Subscribed Threads" and "Enabled email Notification" and selected "Go", logged in/out of H-F, cleared my cache and signed in/out of my AOL account as well as deleting/adding it all too many times to no avail. I've been in contact with AOL/Apple tech support too many times as well, and there is nothing wrong on either of our ends.
I would appreciate any help/suggestions or replys if anyone else has or is encountering these issue

macOS High Sierra v10.13 Safari v11.0

Thank you very much,
Joseph

Oct 16, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #506 of 509
Is it me, or does anyone else have a problem with receiving email notifications from their subscribed threads? I'm receiving all other emails except emails from H-F and their site is not blocked in my mail settings, nor are the emails going into any other folders. I used to receive emails intermittently and for the past week+ I haven't received any at all. I've checked all of the boxes next to my "Subscribed Threads" and "Enabled email Notification" and selected "Go", logged in/out of H-F, cleared my cache and signed in/out of my AOL account as well as deleting/adding it all too many times to no avail. I've been in contact with AOL/Apple tech support too many times as well, and there is nothing wrong on either of our ends.
I would appreciate any help/suggestions or replys if anyone else has or is encountering these issue

macOS High Sierra v10.13 Safari v11.0

Thank you very much,
Joseph
I did
originally, but now when I subscribe and check the "send email notifications", it is now working.

Dec 5, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #509 of 509
Is there a way to see all/only replies that's has been quoted you ? Or replies that mentioned u
While viewing your "Profile Page" hover over your "Username" in the upper right hand corner just left of the "Message" icon envelope and select "Alert Preferrences" from the dropdown menu and you'll see "Receive an alert when someone..." and check the third box down from the top and you'll be alerted when anyone quotes your message. Is that's what you mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back