Any headfi-ers in Connecticut?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2015 at 6:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 107

coinmaster

1000+ Head-Fier
Farmington, Connecticut, USA, Earth, Milkyway
Hi! I live close to hartford and I'm on a quest to find my perfect headphone. Unfortunately spending 1000+$ on headphones I've never listened to and hoping for the best hasn't worked out so well for me. I currently own a pair of TH900s and I wish to try them against a pair of hHD800s. 
Anyone out there in CT that wants to meet and compare headphones?

Jan 14, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #2 of 107
  Hi! I live close to hartford and I'm on a quest to find my perfect headphone. Unfortunately spending 1000+$ on headphones I've never listened to and hoping for the best hasn't worked out so well for me. I currently own a pair of TH900s and I wish to try them against a pair of hHD800s. 
Anyone out there in CT that wants to meet and compare headphones?

Hey there. I do live in CT, near Danbury. Unfortunately, I don't have anything high-end, but it would be great if someone wanted to try to plan a small meet (10-25 people) here in CT. I attended one in early December up in Nashua, NH, and a meet around that size here in CT would be wonderful. I'm not quite sure how to go about planning a meet, if you're up for a it. A good-sized space with tables would be needed. Do you/does anyone near or in CT want to try to plan a smaller-sized meet? 

Jan 17, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #3 of 107
We just had our annual NYC metro area Fall meet in Stamford back in November. We'll be doing one again next Fall. As far as a mini-meet goes... I'm game to do one or at least attend one. I had it in my mind to host one at my place of employment. We have a nice sized meeting room, which can fit around 20 tables. I tossed the idea to my supervisor and she liked the idea. She just said it would have to include co-workers and other employees. I'd have to contact our operations manager to get an a-ok.

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #4 of 107
  We just had our annual NYC metro area Fall meet in Stamford back in November. We'll be doing one again next Fall. As far as a mini-meet goes... I'm game to do one or at least attend one. I had it in my mind to host one at my place of employment. We have a nice sized meeting room, which can fit around 20 tables. I tossed the idea to my supervisor and she liked the idea. She just said it would have to include co-workers and other employees. I'd have to contact our operations manager to get an a-ok.

May I know what city/town your workplace is in? One of the reasons I didn't go to Stamford meet was because it was an hour away.

Jan 17, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #5 of 107
So... lemme get this straight... you're not willing to go an hour away for a meet? Different strokes for different folks. OK. moving along.

Jan 17, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #6 of 107
  So... lemme get this straight... you're not willing to go an hour away for a meet? Different strokes for different folks. OK. moving along.

Not my choice; I'm 15, no car. Parents decide those things, and the Nashua, NH meet I attended last December happened to be right near my dad's house (he's interested in audio; my mom, not so much). 

Jan 17, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #7 of 107
   Not my choice; I'm 15, no car. Parents decide those things, and the Nashua, NH meet I attended last December happened to be right near my dad's house (he's interested in audio; my mom, not so much). 

Understood. Man what a bummer, not having a ride when you need one. Not sure if anyone made it last Fall from the Danbury area. I know there were guys from Stamford, Norwalk, Westport, Hartford, and where I am -- Weston. I'd say we'd have to get a lift for you from someone going from your area.

Jan 17, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #8 of 107

Understood. Man what a bummer, not having a ride when you need one. Not sure if anyone made it last Fall from the Danbury area. I know there were guys from Stamford, Norwalk, Westport, Hartford, and where I am -- Weston. I'd say we'd have to get a lift for you from someone going from your area.

Weston is only 40 minutes away; not that bad. I could convince her it's only 30, which sounds a lot better than an hour, and my birthday is in a few months. I'm sure my mom would give me ride there for as a birthday present or something. My dad comes down to CT once or twice a month, and it's possible that he could take me if he's down here. 

Jan 17, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #9 of 107
Haha... yeah... then she's gotta pick you up. She'll know it's 40 min at that point :wink: Plus, the location I'd try and secure (my place of work) is in Stamford. I can get you to and from there.

First and foremost I'd have to secure the location and then we'd have to see if we can get enough interest. I'm sure we can find 20-30 people that are interested. Unless you can think of another place? Maybe a library in the area or something. Ideally, we don't want to have to rent a location. We'll save that for next Fall's meet.

Jan 17, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #10 of 107
  Haha... yeah... then she's gotta pick you up. She'll know it's 40 min at that point :wink: Plus, the location I'd try and secure (my place of work) is in Stamford. I can get you to and from there.

First and foremost I'd have to secure the location and then we'd have to see if we can get enough interest. I'm sure we can find 20-30 people that are interested. Unless you can think of another place? Maybe a library in the area or something. Ideally, we don't want to have to rent a location. We'll save that for next Fall's meet.

I'll find out in the morning about being able to be driven; if I can plan things out early enough, and ask for it as part of my birthday, I'm 90% sure I could make it. If you didn't want to do it at your workplace, it's likely that we could find someone willing to host it, possibly an audio/video store, similar to what we did up in Nashua, at Fidelis A/V. I don't know of too much around here; I know there are a couple A/V stores around here, but I've only been in one for a few seconds, and I don't believe it was anywhere near the space we would need. Do you want to secure your workplace as the location, or do you want to see if something else can be found? Also, approximately when (as specific as you can roughly estimate) do you think the meet could be held?

Jan 18, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #11 of 107
I can't make any promises that this will happen. I have had the idea to do this for a few months, but haven't moved forward yet. So keep that in mind. If I'm moving forward with this location then I'll make a new thread titled "Connecticut Mini-Meet" or something along those lines.

Mar 8, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #13 of 107
I can't make any promises that this will happen. I have had the idea to do this for a few months, but haven't moved forward yet. So keep that in mind. If I'm moving forward with this location then I'll make a new thread titled "Connecticut Mini-Meet" or something along those lines.

I'll join it for sure. I do have custom made: Lynx Audio Dac D60,Lynx Audio HA/PA 49. I do have Sennheiser HD 650 and two custom made headphones TDS-15, TDS-7. Everything is unique and made in Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back