Advice needed to fix my banana plug
May 22, 2017 at 3:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Rozeqloud

500+ Head-Fier
I have a pair of gutwire congruence speaker cables .

Somehow one of the plugs has bent (i wish i could attach a pic to explain , but i dont see an attachment option here )

I ve had these things less that 24 hours and am beside myself

They still work fine , it is not a complete break , but rather a bend , but due to the weight of the cables and the design of my speaker connects(Dynaudio focus 340) they hang with pressure on the break .

Im wondering if i may somehow strengthen that crimp/bend with solder , a very wee amount , or something else .The weight/pressure will likely eventually completely snap the plug off .

Thank you

May 22, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #2 of 5
Seems i found a way to attach a pic. It was upload file , it appeared to accept the pics/files , but i dont see them here . i messed something up it seems

Attachments

• 20170522_125511.jpg
    20170522_125511.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20170522_150625.jpg
    20170522_150625.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #4 of 5
Interesting that would bend like that what happened?

Thinking........ if you can crimp the bend out and place a short piece of wire like 12ga wiring size or larger one that fits snug inside the tube to strengthen it?
Actually, I would put the wire inside and try to crimp the bend out to keep it from collapsing/breaking.
Other wise re-terminate both at that end, at the manufacturer. May do it for free? That would be better.
On second thought I see these are $800 Canadian Cables, send it back.
I use BFA bananas and they are pretty strong.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for a reply

I cant recall the exact moment it happened

I have dynaudio focus 340s . The banana jacks are angled upwards , so when these cables go in , there is alot of hang pressure on that plug (You may have seen the orange piece on cables as well its quite heavy)

The cables go straight out from speaker and then just hang . So lotsa pressure

The bend is way worse than it looks in pic , the other day it fell off/broke off .

Im waiting to see if mfg will help me out here

" $800 Canadian "

Please link me where you seen them at that price

Thank you mate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back