A New Binaural Vacation (recorded 06-05-2012) in true high density binaural sound....
Jul 17, 2012 at 6:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

LFF

Co-Organizer for Can Jam '09
Member of the Trade: Paradox
Well, a few days ago a fellow head-fi uses was asking about an old recording I posted years ago. I promised to re-post that recording or something newer.

Since I couldn't find the old one, I decided to post a newer one made with my custom built binaural dummy head. This dummy head took me three years to design and build and it is very accurate. The mic elements were custom built and constructed by another fellow head-fi member with the specific purpose of being installed into this dummy head design. It records in 24/96 resolution and I have found that the soundstage and placement is perfect through a scope.

Anyway...I won't bore you with the technical details but here is what I call "ambiance recording". Wear headphones, sit up straight and close your eyes. Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mftvg8

- LFF

Jul 17, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #2 of 9
Some of the details:

Overall landscape of the recording:

Dummy Head View:

Jul 18, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #4 of 9
So very, very cool. Got me a little light headed. 

Jul 18, 2012 at 7:55 AM Post #5 of 9
Pretty cool...thanks for the effort 
beerchug.gif

Jul 19, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #6 of 9
 Good work!!! Soundstage is impressive and "real" on my system, which is a very hard thing to do.
 I've been "playing" with binaural recording too, have a few videos on my YouTube channel. There is one a little more hardcore, riding on the street.
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 19, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
 Good work!!! Soundstage is impressive and "real" on my system, which is a very hard thing to do.
 I've been "playing" with binaural recording too, have a few videos on my YouTube channel. There is one a little more hardcore, riding on the street.
evil_smiley.gif

Very happy to hear it sounds real.

The entire system took me 3 years to design and implement. Sounds like the hard work paid off.
biggrin.gif

Jul 21, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #8 of 9
Jul 24, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #9 of 9
I enjoyed this more than the first few tracks of the new Chesky album (I haven't listened to the whole thing yet), but I did listen to
this twice, looking at the map the first time to get my bearings, and closing my eyes the second time. I also used closed headphones for this one instead of open headpones which I used for the Chesky album, so there are two variables there. I don't know if that makes any difference or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back