There are no messages on teofilrocks's profile yet.
Nov 26, 1980 (Age: 36)
- My mostly current favorite. People seem to fall on one side or the other with this headphone. I fall on the side that really enjoys it. The most comfortable pair of headphones I have, even though I prefer velour over (p)leather ear pads. Great fit on my head and finally a suspension band that works for me. These headphones reproduce sound with a weight that I really enjoy. I do not find the bass overpowering, I do not find the mids too recessed, and I do not find the treble too accentuated. As a number of NightHawk fans have noted, while its presentation of sound is unique and takes some time to acclimate to initially -- once you buy in, you're sold. I'm sold.
- My former (and sometimes current) favorite, and I don't foresee ever selling these. As soon as I listened to them the first time, I knew that this was the sound signature I liked: darker, full bass, beautiful vocals, and clear but not pushy treble. I was surprised how much bass these had coming out of the Modi/Magni. Now to find the perfect amp combo...
Vsonic GR07 Bass Edition
- I'm not a big sticking-things-in-my-ears guy, but sometimes I want some isolation. That's why I picked up a couple IEMs to compare and kept one. This is the one I'm keeping. I am truly impressed by the sound. The bass is, to my ears, very powerful and extends deep, but is not bloated and does not mess up the mids. The treble is well defined and the only time it's felt grainy or sibilant is when the recording probably wasn't the best (usually pop-type album). I really wish I didn't need to hear what's going on in the office, otherwise I have these in my ears most of the time (sorry HD650).
- I'd wanted to experience the "Denon bass" for years, but never got a chance. After the TH600 became available and eventually dropped in price, I jumped in. While the HE-400 was the first time I was wowed by bass impact, the bass extension and impact of the TH600 is on a level up. I find that on many songs where the bass normally takes a back seat, the Fostex brings it out n a way that gives the song a weight that I enjoy. I remember listening to Pink Floyd's - The Division Bell album, and songs just had a solid foundation I hadn't experienced before. Who knows, maybe I'm a basshead and never knew it. The nice part about the Fostex is that bass doesn't come at the expense of hollow mids and blaring treble. Compared to my HD650, the vocals aren't as forward, sure, but I still enjoy them. I'm a bit sensitive to treble, so the HD650 is the perfect treble representation for me. The TH600 is brighter, which isn't normally a problem, but on some lower quality vocal recordings, the sibilance is exposed, whereas the HD650 smooths right over it. So I did a little mod and added some perforated shelf liner material behind the ear cup pads. Takes the edge off those recordings and just generally put the upper treble at a place I enjoy more. I should add that listening has been done through the Sabre-based Geek Out 1000, so I don't know what effect that's had on the treble response compared to the Modi/Magni, as I don't have them anymore.
Philips Fidelio X1
- Had great potential in the sound department. But the pads were scratchy on my ears and the suspension band felt tight on my head (and I don' thave a big head). Comfort is a high priority, so they've been relegated to the mod table.
Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO 600Ω
- These are a discontinued pair from about 20 years ago. A friend of of mine who's a sound engineer at a recording studio let me borrow them on a long term basis :) They really are the most comfy headphones I've ever worn. Not the strongest bass, and some recessed mids, but still not a bad phone and I won't get rid of them. Unless you have the juice to power them, though, it can accentuate their weaknesses and plays down their strengths.
- If there's one headphone I would buy two of, just in case they stopped making them, it would be the Koss PortaPro. Such great bass from this unassuming headphone. I have the yellow Sennheiser foams pads from the HD414 on them, which eases some of the on-ear pressure. Love the look, love the sound, will always have a pair around.
- One of the other IEMs I got to care with. Very small, lightweight, and comfortable. Also, impressive amount of bass from such a small package. However, it's downfall is the claustrophobic feel of the upper mids, treble, and especially soundstage. Maybe I expect too much from an IEM, but compared to the GR07BE, these don't come close. For only $50, not bad though.
HiFiMAN HE-400 (FocusPad-A)
- The bass is really the signature of the HE-400. With the velour pads, the impact and extension really wowed me. However, the ear pad and headband comfort got the best of me, considering how heavy these cans are. Also, the treble start to get to me as well. So I sold them. That lasted a couple years until I got the HD650 and found a great deal on the HE-400 again with Focus-A Pads and I had to hear that bass again to compare. I have to say, the HD650 meets them better than expected. Not quite as much impact, but close enough that the much better mids and highs make it a keeper, while the HE-400 was always on the edge of being cut to fund some other experiment.
Fostex T50RP - modded
- Wanted to try my hand at modding, but it became clear that to get the best from these headphones, I'd need to invest a lot more time for trial-and-error experimenting. Was hoping to just plop in the Mayflower Electronics mod kit and have an awesome headphone in 45min. Yea, life doesn't work like that still. (Note: don't use adhesive backed felt to damp the back of the driver, kills the sound)
- A gift from my mother. Actually sounded pretty good. Fatal flaws were that have an open back, which defeats the point of IEMs for me, and they have these little ear hooks that are supposed to fit inside your ear crevices. Not a big fan of that. Returned to Costco (sorry mom).
- Bought because that was the best pair of Sennheiser's that my local Best Buy had. Wanted to try out the Senn Sound without needing an amp, which I was in-between at the time. Helped me decide that my next headphone was going to be the HD650. Returned to Best Buy.
Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO Limited Edition 32Ω
- After reading the Headfonia review of these, I was convinced to try them, as I was a big Beyer fan at the time. Little disappointed in the bass department, was hoping for more. However, these were the most balanced Beyers I had heard before. I really wanted to keep them, but I sold them in search for more bass. Would be interested in hearing them again.
Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO
- The first headphone that put a smile on my face. Yes, pronounced treble, but also pronounced and very fun bass. Also love the way they look. My workmates didn't enjoy their non-voluntary participation in my music listening, but I didn't worry so much about that. I was having fun. I've gotten more sensitive to treble, so I couldn't go back to these even though I've thought about it for kicks and giggles.
Beyerdynamic DT770 Premium 600Ω
- Surprising and disappointing. I can't remember exactly what amp I had at the time, but it might have been the Valhalla. The Premium did not have as comfortable a headband and ear pads as the Pro line. In addition, the sound was..."hollow". That's the best I can describe. Weak bass. It's possible I didn't have enough amp to power them (might have been the Fiio) but I couldn't image that any amount of amping would make them sound good enough for to want to keep.
Audio Technica ATH-M50
- I must have weird ears and a weird head. I didn't like the M50 right from the beginning. It felt like a Shure 440 clone which, as you'll see below, I was also not a fan of. Sounded claustrophobic and was uncomfortable to wear for any period of time. I drove down to B&H in Manhattan to return them.
- The first time I consciously spent money to buy a quality pair of headphones. Except I couldn't come to like them. I really don't remember the sound specifically, except that the M50 sounded about the same and that the DT770 sounded much better. But the comfort is what really killed me. Talk about a sore crown of the head after an hour. Ouch. Bye bye.
Headphone Amp Inventory:
( Schiit Magni )
( Meridian Explorer )
( JDS Labs O2 )
( Schiit Valhalla )
( Fiio E9 )
( Phenix G3-T7 )
LH LabsGeek Out 1000
( Schiit Modi )
( Meridian Explorer )
( Fiio E7 )
I know just enough to make people who don't know what they're talking about think I do.
3 DOORS DOWN 3 PILL MORNING 9 LEFT DEAD 30 SECONDS TO MARS THE 1975 A.R. RAHMAN A DAY TO REMEMBER A PERFECT CIRCLE AARON CARTER ABBY BAND AC/DC ACE OF BASE ACERA ADRIAN MICHAELS ADAM 812 ADAM LAMBERT ADRIAN ECCLESTON AEROSMITH AGAINST THE CURRENT THE ALBUM LEAF ALEX CLARE & BAND ALLI ROGERS ALICE IN CHAINS ALICIA KEYS ALISTAIR TOBER ALT-J ALTER BRIDGE ANDERSON PAAK ANDRE O'NEAL, EARTH WIND AND FIRE ANDRE3000 ANDREW YEO ANIMAL COLLECTIVE ANNA VISSI ANTHRAX AMON AMARTH ARCHITECTURE IN HELSINKI ARIANA GRANDE THE ARSENIO HALL SHOW A$AP FERG A$AP ROCKY AS I LAY DYING AS TALL AS LIONS ASHLEY SIMPSON AUDIO AVENGED SEVENFOLD AVRIL LAVIGNE AWOLNATION BAD RELIGION BAD THINGS BARENAKED LADIES BARRY MANILOW BASTILLE BC JEAN BELA FLECK BELLA THORNE BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME BIGBANG BIG TIME RUSH BIG WRECK BILLY CURRINGTON BILLY ELLIOT TOUR BILLY JOEL BILLY OCEAN BILLY TALENT BAND BLACK FOOSS BLANC FACES BLINK 182 BLOC PARTY BLONDE REDHEAD BLONDFIRE THE BLOODHOUND GANG BLUE MAN GROUP, ORLANDO BLUE MAN GROUP, LAS VEGAS BLUE MAN GROUP, MUNICH BLUE MAN GROUP, NEW YORK BOB SEGER BON JOVI BONNIE RAITT BONOBO BOSTON BOUNCING SOULS BOWFIRE BAND BOYZ II MEN BRAND NEW BRANDY BRANDY CARLILE BRANDY CLARK BRIAN MCKNIGHT BRING ME THE HORIZON BRITNEY SPEARS BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E STREET BAND BRUNO MARS BRYNN MARIE BAND BRYSON TILLER BUCKCHERRY BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE BUSH BUTCH VIG THE CAB CADENCE CAGE THE ELEPHANT CARLY RAE JEPSEN CARRIE UNDERWOOD CATFISH AND THE BOTTLEMEN CAVO CEELO GREEN CELINE DION CELTIC WOMAN CHAD GILMORE CHARLI XCX CHARLIE PUTS CHEAP TRICK CHELSEA GRIN CHER CHEVELLE CHICAGO CHILDISH GAMBINO CHRIS HESSE, HOOBASTANK CHRIS JERICHO CHRIS ISAAK CHRIS YOUNG CHRISTINA AGUILERA CHRISTINA PERRI & BAND CHUCK AINLAY CHVRCHES CIRCA SURVIVE
CIRQUE DU SOLEIL, IRIS CIRQUE DU SOLEIL, KA CIRQUE DU SOLEIL, MICHAEL JACKSON THE IMMORTAL WORLD TOUR CIRQUE DU SOLEIL, VIVA ELVIS CIRQUE DU SOLEIL, ZARKANA CIRQUE DU SOLEIL, ZED CIRQUE DU SOLEIL, ZUMANITY CLEAN BANDIT CLINT WILEY CODY SIMPSON COHEED AND CAMBRIA COLE SWINDELL COLIN JAMES BAND COREY SMITH COUNTING CROWS THE COURTENEERS CRAIG CAMPBELL BAND CREED CROWN THE EMPIRE CRYSTAL FIGHTERS THE CULT THE CURE CURT BISQUERA D'ANGELO DAN + SHAY DANIEL POWTER DARIUS RUCKER THE DARKNESS DARREN CRISS DAUGHTER DAUGHTRY DAWES DAVID LEE ROTH DAVID NAIL BAND DEAD BY SUNRISE DEF LEPPARD DEFTONES DELTA GOODREM DESTROID DETHKLOK THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA THE DIAMONDS DIERKS BENTLEY DIRTY HEADS DISCLOSURE DISPATCH DISTURBED DIXIE CHICKS DJ CASSIDY DJ DON P DJ N.I.N.O. DNCE DONNIE WAHLBERG, NKOTB DONNY & MARIE DOOBIE BROTHERS DOWN WITH WEBSTER DR FU DRAGONETTE DRAKE DREAM DREAM THEATER DROPKICK MURPHYS DURAN DURAN THE EAGLES EARTH, WIND AND FIRE EASTON CORBIN EDDIE VEDDER ELIZA DOOLITTLE ELLIE GOULDING ELLY AND THE LAST GARAGE BAND ELVIS COSTELLO EMBER EMBLEM3 EMINEM EMPHATIC ENGLEBERT HUMPERDINCK ENRIQUE IGLESIAS ERIC BENET BAND ESCAPE THE FATE EVANESCENCE EYE EMPIRE FAILURE FAITH EVANS FAITH MARIE FALL OUT BOY FALLING IN REVERSE FANTASIA FATHER JOHN MISTY FEIST FIONA APPLE THE FIT SWIMMERS FIFTH HARMONY FITZ & THE TANTRUMS FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH FLEETWOOD MAC FLIPPIN' SOUL FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE FONESCA FOO FIGHTERS FOREIGNER FOREWARNED FOUR YEAR STRONG THE FRAY FRANK OCEAN FRANK TURNER FRENCH MONTANA FRIGHTENED RABBIT FUN. FUTURE GALLANT GARBAGE GARTH BROOKS GARY ALLAN GAVIN DEGRAW GEORGE STRAIT GHOST GIBSON GUITAR STUDIO, LAS VEGAS GLASS TIGER GLEE LIVE TOUR GLINT GO RADIO GODSMACK GOO GOO DOLLS THE GOSSIP GRANGER SMITH GREAT WHITE GREEN DAY GREYSON CHANCE
GRIMES GROOVEBOSTON GROOVY7 GROUPLOVE GUNS N' ROSES HALESTORM HALFORD HALSEY HARVEY MARSHALL HAWKSLEY WORKMAN HAYDEN MARINGER HEART HELL YEAR HERE COME THE MUMMIES HILL KOURKOUTIS HINDER HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD HOMBRES G HOPE HOW TO DESTROY ANGELS HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON TOUR HYPER CRUSH I PREVAIL ICONA POP IGGY AZALEA IMAGINATION MOVERS TOUR IMAGINE DRAGONS INGRID MICHAELSON INTERPOL INXS IRATION IRON MAIDEN JACK JOHNSON JAKE OWEN JADE WARSHAW JAMES TAYLOR JAMES TORME JAMIE FOXX JANET JACKSON JASON ALDEAN BAND JASON BENGE JASON BONHAM JASON DERULO JASON ISBELL JASON WHITMORE JAY SEAN JC CHASEZ JENNA ROBINSON, BIG APPLE CIRCUS JENNIFER CHASE JENNIFER HUDSON JENNIFER STONE, WITH KESHA JEREMIAH MCCONICO JESSE MCCARTNEY JIMMY BUFFET JIMMY EAT WORLD JOE.E JOE JONAS JOE NICHOLS BAND JOEY BADA$$ JOHN GRANT BAND JOHN HIATT AND THE COMBO JOHN MAYER JOHN STAMOS JOHN TEMPESTA JOJO JONATHAN KNIGHT, NKOTB JORDIN SPARKS JOSH DAY JOSH GROBAN JOSH GROBAN BAND JOSHUA RADIN JOSS STONE JOURNEY THE JOY FORMIDABLE JOYWAVE JUDAS PRIEST JUDD HOOS JUICY J JULE VERA BAND JULIO IGLESIAS JULLY BLACK JUSTIN BIEBER JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE & BAND KACEY MUSGRAVES KAMILAH MARSHALL KARMA KARMIN KAT DELUNA KATE EARL BAND KATY PERRY KEITH SWEAT KEITH URBAN KELLIE PICKLER KENDRICK LAMAR KENNY CHESNEY & BAND KENNY LOGGINS KESHA KIP MOORE KISS KLAYE SANDERS KOOL & THE GANG KORN KROPP CIRCLE LACUNA COIL LADY GAGA LALAH HATHAWAY LAUREN WILEY, LES MISERABLES US TOUR LAURYN HILL LAWSON LE REVE, WYNN LAS VEGAS LEA MULLEN LEE DEWYZE LENNY KRAVITZ LEON J LEONA LEWIS LIANNE LA HAVAS LIBIDO LIDO LIGHTS OVER PARIS LIL' KIM LIL WAYNE LIMP BIZKIT LINDSEY STIRLING LINKIN PARK LIONEL RICHIE LITTLE BIG TOWN THE LIVING END LOCAL NATIVES LOU REED LOVE AND THEFT BAND LUCINDA WILLIAMS LUIS MIGUEL
THE LUMINEERS M83 BAND MAC MILLER MACHINE GUN KELLY MACHINE HEAD THE MACCABEES MAD HATTER STUDIOS MADEON MADLIFE MADONNA MAGIC! MAJORS AND MINORS, TV SHOW MANA MANDY JIROUX MARC ANTHONY MARIAH CAREY MARIANA'S TRENCH MARILYN MANSON MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS THE MARKER MAROON 5 MARY J BLIGE BAND MASTODON MATCHBOX 20 MATT & KIM MATT MORRISON & BAND MATT NATHANSON MATT OCHOA MAXWELL THE MCCLAIN SISTERS MEGADETH MEGHAN TRAINOR MEL B MELANIE MARTINEZ MELISSA ETHERIDGE MICAPELLA MICHAEL ANTHONY MICHAEL BOLTON MICHAEL FRANTI & SPEARHEAD MICHELLE OSBOURNE MIDNIGHT OIL MIGUEL MIKA MIKE PORTNOY MILEY CYRUS MIKE MARLIN MINDLESS BEHAVIOR MIRANDA LAMBERT MISS MAY I MISSION TRANSMISSION MODEST MOUSE MODESTEP THE MONKEES MONSTER TRUCK MONTGOMERY GENTRY MOODY BLUES MOTLEY CRUE MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE NAS NEVEREST NEON TREES NEW EDITION THE NEW SHINING NICK FRADIANI NICK JONAS NICKELBACK NICKI MINAJ NICO VEGA NICOLE SCHERZINGER NINE INCH NAILS NKOTB NO DOUBT NOAH BENARDOUT NOEL GALLAGHER'S HIGH FLYING BIRDS NORMAN BROWN NOSTALGHIA O.A.R. OF MICE AND MEN OLLY MURS ONE REPUBLIC OPERATOR PLEASE OPETH THE ORANGE EFFECT OUR LAST NIGHT OWL CITY OZZY OSBOURNE PALOMA FAITH PANDORA PAPA ROACH PAPER TONGUES PASSION PIT PATRICK WOLF PAUL BRANDT PENNYWISE PENTATONIX PETER GABRIEL PETSHOP BOYS PHANTOGRAM PHARRELL WILLIAMS PHILLIP PHILLIPS PHOENIX PIERCE THE VEIL P!NK PITBULL PIXIE LOTT BAND THE PIXIES POLARIS AT NOON POP EVIL POST MALONE THE PRETTY RECKLESS PRINCE BAND PRINTZ BOARD PROFESSOR GREEN PUFF DIDDY PUNCH BROTHERS PVRIS PUSCIFER QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE R. KELLY R5 RACHEL CROW RAE SREMMURD RAMMSTEIN RANDY HOUSER RASCALL FLATTS RED LINE CHEMISTRY RICI JO RICKY MARTIN RICO LOVE RIHANNA RISE AGAINST RITA ORA ROB THOMAS ROBBIE WILLIAMS BAND
ROCK OF AGES ON TOUR RODNEY HOWARD ROGER WATERS’ THE WALL TOUR THE ROLLING STONES RUMMER WILLIS RUSH ST. VINCENT ST. LUCIA SALIVA SAM HUNT SAM SMITH SAM WARSHAW SAN CISCO SANTIGOLD THE SATURDAYS SAVING ABEL SCISSOR SISTERS SCORPION SCOTT STAPP SEAN ALEXANDER SEBASTIAN BACH SEBASTIAN INGROSSO SEETHER SEGARRA SEIGMEN SELENA GOMEZ SEVENDUST "SGT. PEPPER LIVE" FEATURING CHEAP TRICK SHAKIRA SHARON AGUILAR SHANE DUNCAN BAND SHEILA E. SHEILA MAJID SHINEDOWN SIA SIGUR ROS THE SILVER BULLET BAND SILVERSUN PICKUPS SIMMONE JONES SIMONE BATTLE SKIP DORSEY SKYLAR GREY SLASH BAND SLAYER SLIPKNOT SMASHING PUMPKINS SMOKIE SOCIAL DISTORTION SOIL SOLANGE SONATA ARCTICA SONGA LEE STAIND STARSHELL STEEL PANTHER STEELY DAN STEREO SHOUT OUT STEVE AUGERI STEVE RODRIGUEZ STEVE VAI STING THE STONE ROSES STONE SOUR STRATOVARIUS THE STRUTS STRYPER SUBLIME WITH ROME SUEDE SULLY ERNA BAND SUM 41 SYSTEM OF A DOWN T.I. T-PAIN TALA TAME IMPALA TANK TAYLOR BURRISE TAYLORED TEARS FOR FEARS TEEL MERRICK TEI SHI TENACIOUS D TERRY ILOUS OF GREAT WHITE TESTAMENT THEFT THEOPHILUS LONDON THE TEMPER TRAP THREE DAYS GRACE TIMBALAND TIM MCGRAW TIM OWENS TIMBALAND TINASHE TOOL TONIC TONY SAVAGE TOOL TOTO TRACE ADKINS TRAIN TRAVIS BARKER TRAVIS TRITT TREY SONGZ TRILLIUM VEIN TRISHA YEARWOOD TRIVIUM TWENTY ONE PILOTS TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB TY DOLLA $IGN U2 UNION J THE USED VAIN VAMPIRE WEEKEND VAN HALEN VANCE JOY VINCE STAPLES VIRUS THE VOICE TV SHOW 2011, 2012 VOLBEAT WALT DISNEY WORLD THE WANTED THE WAR ON DRUGS WARRANT WE ARE THE FALLEN THE WEEKND WEEZER WELL HUNGARIANS WHITESNAKE WIZ KHALIFA THE WHO WILD BEAST WINTERSUN THE WOMBATS X FACTOR X-JAPAN YOUNG GUNS YOUNG THE GIANT YOUNGBLOOD HAWKE YOUTH LAGOON ZAC BROWN BAND ZAYN MALIK ZELLA DAY ZZ WARD AND MANY MORE...