ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 2, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #3,496 of 12,552
As far as wooden headphones go they look average.
tbt.gif

Sep 2, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #3,497 of 12,552
Where's the downvote button?

Did you seriously create an account to wantonly abuse the word average like that? What does that even mean, what do you want us to get out of your contribution? You do realize that aesthetics are very subjective right?

...Am I feeding the troll?
There isn't a downvote button, but there is an Ingore Button. This is the perfect time to use it. Don't feed the trolls.

Sep 2, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #3,499 of 12,552
Wonder how the stabilized wood would look with a gloss finish, is that possible?

We will do some with gloss, only thing about it is that the gloss can overshadow the wood color sometimes, but it's still very beautiful. When we get caught up and so more we will have option to choose from on the website as they will be sold a-la-carte.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Sep 3, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #3,500 of 12,552
That's a nice way of thinking about it!

More sets on their website now too! Hard to chose a favourite from that lot, but I think the "fire" of the Camphor is stunning.

Screenshot 2020-08-31 at 22.11.54.png

I'm glad they came out looking as they should because I'm quite new to using a lightbox. You can see the amateur-ish glare on the Desert Purple unit that I couldn't get rid of.

Sep 3, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #3,504 of 12,552
I'm glad they came out looking as they should because I'm quite new to using a lightbox. You can see the amateur-ish glare on the Desert Purple unit that I couldn't get rid of.

Regardless of glare, I think it's a great move to include photos of specifically what you have in stock - they are so unique, so personal preferences will apply quite a bit! I can't believe these are all still available... I'd have ordered the Camphors if I didn't already have the Leopardwoods... (and my wife will chop off my important bits if I buy more headphones!)

Sep 3, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #3,505 of 12,552
So, do I get this right... any VC would come with the normal ZMF headband. The pilot headband could be purchased for any headphone which is not comfy, and is not meant for the use with a VC. The co-pilot band is an additional layer for more comfort which can be combined with the pilot band or the VC?

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #3,506 of 12,552
I think it's either or with the pilot pad and the copilot. Used together would be like a pillow on your head:)

Sep 3, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #3,508 of 12,552
I'm using a pilot pad in an abyss 1266 modification. Might try the co pilot pad as an alternative as well.

Sep 3, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #3,509 of 12,552
Anybody here using pilot or copilot or both? Thanks
I'm using the co-pilot with my VC Ltd Leopardwood.
I was surprised. The Leopardwood headphones are quite weighty in your hand, but thanks to the copilot feel very light and comfortable on your head. My listening sessions are extremely lengthy . Happy to report no issues. YMMV.

Sep 3, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #3,510 of 12,552
I'm using the co-pilot with my VC Ltd Leopardwood.
I was surprised. The Leopardwood headphones are quite weighty in your hand, but thanks to the copilot feel very light and comfortable on your head. My listening sessions are extremely lengthy . Happy to report no issues. YMMV.

I don't suppose you could post some shots of what your VCs look like? I find I get a bit of a hot spot on my head no matter how I bend the headband so considering the co pilot pads.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back