ZMF Pendant by Ampsandsound; impressions, tube-rolling, and general discussions
May 9, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #2,536 of 2,607
Nope. No output from the XLR either. I'm hoping it's user error, like the jumpers inside are wrong or something, but DACs aren't usually this hard to set up.
I hope you are feeding it the right sample rate?
It only supports till 384Khz via I2S and USB. No DSD. ALso check the mute

May 9, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #2,537 of 2,607
Nope. No output from the XLR either. I'm hoping it's user error, like the jumpers inside are wrong or something, but DACs aren't usually this hard to set up.
Its plug and play. I guess you got a bad unit with something broken.

May 9, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #2,538 of 2,607
Its plug and play. I guess you got a bad unit with something broken.
Yeah, it was broken. Just the USB board though from I can tell.

May 9, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #2,539 of 2,607
Yeah, it was broken. Just the USB board though from I can tell.
Ya USB in general is no go with Sonnet and Metrum DAC. I2S and AES are way to go with these DACs

May 9, 2024 at 6:41 PM Post #2,540 of 2,607
Ya USB in general is no go with Sonnet and Metrum DAC. I2S and AES are way to go with these DACs
Yeah, I like USB because of the convenience. I just ordered a Denfrips Iris today to give the I2S a go with the Pontus. I found a used one for a really good price. Many people extoll its virtues. It's hard for me to believe that it will do anything to the sound quality, but I'm a big fan of testing stuff and making my own opinions - so here we go. Worst case I return it. My Sash Tres SE should be here tomorrow. That'll be cool to listen to on my system - I've waited 5 months for it to arrive.

May 9, 2024 at 7:00 PM Post #2,541 of 2,607
Any DDC would make quite a noticeable difference. Also, they're more susceptible to upstream cables so get a quality USB cable and a quality I2S cable for the Iris. I recommend Tubulus Concentus I2S and USB cables

May 9, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #2,542 of 2,607
Any DDC would make quite a noticeable difference. Also, they're more susceptible to upstream cables so get a quality USB cable and a quality I2S cable for the Iris. I recommend Tubulus Concentus I2S and USB cables
I have some good quality ones I'm going to use. I'll check out those too - thanks!

May 9, 2024 at 8:56 PM Post #2,543 of 2,607
Saw the Price. Threw up a little :beyersmile:

May 9, 2024 at 11:30 PM Post #2,544 of 2,607
May 10, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #2,545 of 2,607
DIY Furutech power cable. Finally no stress on the power jack on the Pendant. Also, my Sash Tres SE came in today and they are freaking wonderful, especially for the price.

PXL_20240510_211023451~2.jpg

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #2,546 of 2,607
Ok, well...this was sort of unintended...I am going to sell my Pendant SE with the 1950s tubes and stock tubes because I bought a Leeloo V2 in black for a crazy good price and it fits the theme of my office better and it's basically the exact same amp. It may even be a little bit of an upgrade. Soo...yeah... something's wrong with me haha. If anyone wants the gorgeous burl Pendant SE, lemme know.

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #2,547 of 2,607
Ok, well...this was sort of unintended...I am going to sell my Pendant SE with the 1950s tubes and stock tubes because I bought a Leeloo V2 in black for a crazy good price and it fits the theme of my office better and it's basically identical in every other way. It may even be a little bit of an upgrade. Soo...yeah... something's wrong with me haha. If anyone wants the gorgeous burl Pendant SE, lemme know.
🤣 it happens! I just got the Mogwai but I'm still thinking about one of those two Nautilus' for sale... :eyes:

May 11, 2024 at 7:25 PM Post #2,548 of 2,607
🤣 it happens! I just got the Mogwai but I'm still thinking about one of those two Nautilus' for sale... :eyes:
I’m happy with my Agartha, but am also thinking about one of the Nautilus’ 😂

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 8:14 PM Post #2,549 of 2,607
Ok, well...this was sort of unintended...I am going to sell my Pendant SE with the 1950s tubes and stock tubes because I bought a Leeloo V2 in black for a crazy good price and it fits the theme of my office better and it's basically the exact same amp. It may even be a little bit of an upgrade. Soo...yeah... something's wrong with me haha. If anyone wants the gorgeous burl Pendant SE, lemme know.
Sounds perfectly normal to me! I’m almost tempted to pick up that Pendant because of the gorgeous burl it has, but then knowing I’d have to sell mine, and the pain it would be, isn’t making me happy lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back