Which +1000$ InEar in 2024?
May 11, 2024 at 7:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

LowBeat91

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for an in-ear for $1000 / € and I'm wondering in 2024 which in-ear will be considered that might be able to technically compete with significantly more expensive in-ears. If there is one focus that I would have to set the sound characteristics on then it would be the bass. As a reference I only know the Vision Ears EXT for impressive bass and knowing what InEars capable to offer . I am thankfull for every opinion. You can see the price of $1000 with some leeway, it can also be a little more

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 9:45 PM Post #2 of 11
Check out the fiio FA19.

Warm neutral in stock form but had a tuning switch to add bass.

It is a 10 Knowles BA set but has a vented subwoofer so the bass sounds like a DD. Very good soundstage and imaging.

Just under $1000 usd.

May 12, 2024 at 12:48 AM Post #3 of 11
I've had the Shanling Majestic for a while, they are on the bigger size IEMs, but pretty much a homerun for me. 2 switches, 1 more added bass and 1 to turn off the EST. Strong accurate, detailed DD bass, tuned excellently along with everything else matching up, tips, stock cable, etc...been away for a bit, that Fiio FA19 looks nice also...

May 12, 2024 at 2:29 AM Post #4 of 11
The $1k bracket is a really sweet spot to be in these days. For awesome bass specifically, the Symphonium Titan at $999 immediately comes to mind. The limited edition Campfire Black Star was the same price and you may still be able to find it used. And I’m personally looking forward to Penon’s new tribrid flagship, the Voltage, which should go on sale any day now at $1,199 but they will likely have an early bird discount that could bring it closer to your budget.

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 8:25 AM Post #6 of 11
The $1k bracket is a really sweet spot to be in these days. For awesome bass specifically, the Symphonium Titan at $999 immediately comes to mind. The limited edition Campfire Black Star was the same price and you may still be able to find it used. And I’m personally looking forward to Penon’s new tribrid flagship, the Voltage, which should go on sale any day now at $1,199 but they will likely have an early bird discount that could bring it closer to your budget.
Would you choose the Titan over the Black Star? I found the Penon Volt 6 Driver (4 EST, 2 BA, 1 Dynamic)InEar from last year:

https://penonaudio.com/penon-volt.html

But it seem it's around for a while. Maybe you think of a different one?

Another InEar i found is the FATfreq Scarlet Mini for under 600$ or Maestro Mini, maybe it's also worth to consider?

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #7 of 11
Would you choose the Titan over the Black Star?

It really comes down to your bass preferences and music library.

I would reach for the Titan when I want sheer bass quantity and sub bass extension. Black Star’s bass DD is excellent as well but it’s tuned more towards the mid bass (it is my monitor of choice when playing bass). It is more even-handed across the frequency range, with a fuller midrange and an airy, detailed but non fatiguing treble, and it sounds more natural and cohesive to me.

I found the Penon Volt 6 Driver (4 EST, 2 BA, 1 Dynamic)InEar from last year:

https://penonaudio.com/penon-volt.html

But it seem it's around for a while. Maybe you think of a different one?

The Volt has been around since 2021 if I recall, and the Voltage is the long awaited follow up to it:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/penon-voltage.27198/reviews
Keep an eye on the Penon thread as well - there will be more impressions before long. As far as I know, only two people on headfi have heard it so far although I hope that will change soon :)

Another InEar i found is the FATfreq Scarlet Mini for under 600$ or Maestro Mini, maybe it's also worth to consider?

The one time I tried to try Maestro Mini, I couldn’t get a proper seal because it was too small to sit securely in my ears, so I’m afraid I can’t give a fair assessment of it.

May 12, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #9 of 11
thank you would be the Unique Melody Mest MKII a good choice for under 1k?

It’s been too long ago since I heard it to give you any proper sort of opinion but perhaps someone else who comes across this thread may be able to help.

May 12, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #10 of 11
There's Aur Audio Aehta, a Sing-fi IEM which costs around $985 USD ($1330 SGD conversion) that have 3 switches: changing bass, mids and highs. It's a very versatile IEM and so far, the reviews are positive in the Aur audio fourm on head-fi. Although you'll have to wait 4-8 weeks since it's boutique.

https://www.auraudio.store/product-page/æhta

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 4:51 PM Post #11 of 11
It’s been too long ago since I heard it to give you any proper sort of opinion but perhaps someone else who comes across this thread may be able to help.
They use the Bone Conduction Driver to immerse and i wanna give them a try. They come in mind after contacting headfonics and they recommend the mest. I give them a try because the driver configuration is somewhat similar to the EXT and maybe they have similar Bass and resolution that would be a steal for me.

They should arrive in a few days and i will give you my impressions.

I'm very thankful that you share your expierence and knowlege!

There's Aur Audio Aehta, a Sing-fi IEM which costs around $985 USD ($1330 SGD conversion) that have 3 switches: changing bass, mids and highs. It's a very versatile IEM and so far, the reviews are positive in the Aur audio fourm on head-fi. Although you'll have to wait 4-8 weeks since it's boutique.

https://www.auraudio.store/product-page/æhta
I know this kind of switch thing from the Vision Ears 6 and for my liking i will stick always to one signature that i love to. It's like Pad Swapping on Headphones. I'm the Person who sets one thing and forget about doing everything different with this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back