Violectric V222 and V202
May 12, 2024 at 4:35 AM Post #1,862 of 1,905
May 12, 2024 at 6:02 AM Post #1,863 of 1,905
One question for V222 owners. When XLR input is selected, do you hear a slight click sound when you turn off the unit? I don't hear it when RCA input is selected, only on XLR.
I know the reley click sound is normal when you turn on the unit (after approx. 3 sec), but I am wondering about this click sound upon turnning the unit off with XLR input only? Do you hear it as well?

May 12, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #1,866 of 1,905
May 12, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #1,868 of 1,905
What

what headphones use at CanJms with 226?

That was back when I was with Etymotic and Westone Audio. Over the years, one of the combos we used was Chord DACS and Violectric Amps. We often paired the Qutest with the 226 (although we could've used the 222) and the TT2 with the Nimbus or 590. It was way more power than IEMs needed, but I always felt it was a nice combo for showing off the product.

May 12, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #1,869 of 1,905
I'm a big fan of the Qutest with the V226. We used to use that combo for demoing at CanJams.
I can absolutely see why! My Atriums are actually currently back with you guys at ZMF after an unfortunate brush with gravity, so I’m missing them at the moment, but feeling grateful to have other headphones to enjoy while they’re getting some TLC. I feel weird saying it as a tube enthusiast, but I think I might actually prefer the Atrium most via Qutest and V222 versus my tubes - it could just be a phase, but it really feels like that trifecta has superpowers…

May 12, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #1,870 of 1,905
I can absolutely see why! My Atriums are actually currently back with you guys at ZMF after an unfortunate brush with gravity, so I’m missing them at the moment, but feeling grateful to have other headphones to enjoy while they’re getting some TLC. I feel weird saying it as a tube enthusiast, but I think I might actually prefer the Atrium most via Qutest and V222 versus my tubes - it could just be a phase, but it really feels like that trifecta has superpowers…
Thank you for the nice write-up on the DAC roundup. Makes me want to try the Qutest more now. The V222 is an impressive amp and I also enjoy with it all my dynamics and planars. Likewise I always thought a planar HP paired better with solid state but lately I'm addicted to the Icon Audio HP8 (transformer coupled tube amp) with my Caldera Open more than the V222-go figure???

May 12, 2024 at 7:36 PM Post #1,871 of 1,905
Hi V222 fam!

Re: discussion a few pages back on DACs, I finally got around to writing up a comparison of a few. The V222 was one of the 2 amps used for the comparisons, so if anyone is looking for a DAC, you might want to give it a read!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dac...-12th-chord-qutest-topping-e70-velvet.972824/
Thank you very much for writing such a detailed review of your experience. I know the effort that goes into it and sometimes it takes a while to do because it's a lot harder than people think. We appreciate you.

I have a wish. I don't know who or why but the people at Chord need to be told that their products look like junk. For such quality components and the level of effort that goes into them, it's truly sad that they look like they do. I'm not a super vain person. I have no problem with using just Schiit product and to some people 's. Violectric is very industrial and maybe boring. Some people might like super flashy but I don't care for that either. But these chord products remind me of a '90s child's toy. I remember when I first saw them I said What! Anyways, I doubt that there's going to be any change just based on my complaint but their products are definitely worthy of a better styling and they will never be in my stacks because of the looks.

May 12, 2024 at 7:55 PM Post #1,872 of 1,905
Thank you very much for writing such a detailed review of your experience. I know the effort that goes into it and sometimes it takes a while to do because it's a lot harder than people think. We appreciate you.

I have a wish. I don't know who or why but the people at Chord need to be told that their products look like junk. For such quality components and the level of effort that goes into them, it's truly sad that they look like they do. I'm not a super vain person. I have no problem with using just Schiit product and to some people 's. Violectric is very industrial and maybe boring. Some people might like super flashy but I don't care for that either. But these chord products remind me of a '90s child's toy. I remember when I first saw them I said What! Anyways, I doubt that there's going to be any change just based on my complaint but their products are definitely worthy of a better styling and they will never be in my stacks because of the looks.
Different strokes for different folks. I absolutely adore the Chord design language. Definitely a thinking outside the box approach.

May 13, 2024 at 2:19 AM Post #1,875 of 1,905
Violectric V101 - About €700 - Most affordable Violectric amplifier - Made in Germany. Pre gain switches are located inside. Amp circuit is G111.
image.jpg

IMG_20240509_140235.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back