Topping L30 - The new budget benchmark?
Dec 22, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #301 of 506
I mean general in Windows for things you have no control over like YouTube, games, etc...
Open the Windows control panel, under Sound, select Mange audio devices. Select Topping USB Dac and click on Properties. Go to the Advanced tab and select 24bit, 96000hz and click Apply.

That will be the setting for Youtube, windows, etc. I find that the 24/96 sounds best in non-Asio apps.

Dec 22, 2020 at 3:51 AM Post #302 of 506
I found L30 to be mostly sterile it's got a touch of softness which can be pleasent, compared to a no cost no object design like the Bricasti M3H it lacks a level of definition for transient response and overall detail. But comparing a $140 amp to a $7,000 all in one is a bit un fair.

My point it offers a nice clean presentation which works well with headphones that are very musical and involved I feel, I my self enjoyed my HE 4XX and my HD 600.

That said tho if you didn't know Apos Audio is hosting a giveaway for L30!!

https://apos.audio/blogs/news/enter-our-giveaway-to-win-a-topping-l30-amp
The fact that you would even bother to compare it to a $7,000 amp speaks volumes about the sound quality of the L30

Dec 22, 2020 at 4:35 AM Post #303 of 506
Open the Windows control panel, under Sound, select Mange audio devices. Select Topping USB Dac and click on Properties. Go to the Advanced tab and select 24bit, 96000hz and click Apply.

That will be the setting for Youtube, windows, etc. I find that the 24/96 sounds best in non-Asio apps.
So you put windows mixer in the audio chain? Not a good advice. You should perhaps try asio4all.

Dec 22, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #304 of 506
So you put windows mixer in the audio chain? Not a good advice. You should perhaps try asio4all.
My understanding is that the OP wanted to know how to set the bit rate on the E30 without installing ASIO.

Dec 22, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #305 of 506
My understanding is that the OP wanted to know how to set the bit rate on the E30 without installing ASIO.
You should always offer the best advice, no matter what user is asking for. A person may be not aware that better option do exist.

Dec 22, 2020 at 6:07 AM Post #306 of 506
You should always offer the best advice, no matter what user is asking for. A person may be not aware that better option do exist.
Is that what I should do? Or should I just answer the question that has been asked?

Dec 22, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #307 of 506
Is that what I should do? Or should I just answer the question that has been asked?
OP was asking for something different and your suggestion was heading OP in the wrong direction on one side and did not answer main question on the other. In other words trolling, I believe (to your defense) unintentional. Now please stop bickering.

Dec 22, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #308 of 506
OP was asking for something different and your suggestion was heading OP in the wrong direction on one side and did not answer main question on the other. In other words trolling, I believe (to your defense) unintentional. Now please stop bickering.

"Guys, what would on average be the best sample rate in Windows 10 for using with the E30? Can you share your settings?
I noticed that some programs don't work with anything above 192kHz at 16/24/32bit.
I know for ASIO playback it doesn't matter because it overwrites it."

Learn to read. He already knows about ASIO, so he doesn't need me or you to tell him about it. He's asking specifically about settings outside of ASIO.

Dec 22, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #309 of 506
"Guys, what would on average be the best sample rate in Windows 10 for using with the E30? Can you share your settings?
I noticed that some programs don't work with anything above 192kHz at 16/24/32bit.
I know for ASIO playback it doesn't matter because it overwrites it."

Learn to read. He already knows about ASIO, so he doesn't need me or you to tell him about it. He's asking specifically about settings outside of ASIO.
Nope.
He knows about alternative Windows interface some application can use (ASIO excluded), he is asking about it.
Did you ever hear about?
He knows about Direct Sound (system mixer) 192kHz limitation, you didn't. :)

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #310 of 506
Nope.
He knows about alternative Windows interface some application can use (ASIO excluded), he is asking about it.
Did you ever hear about?
He knows about Direct Sound (system mixer) 192kHz limitation, you didn't. :)
You know, you're presumptuous little c... man. For some reason, you think it's ok for you to tell people how they should or should not respond to posts, you think it's ok stick your self righteous p... nose into a conversation that has nothing to do with you and then you don't know when to let it go. I have been a member of Head-Fi for almost 20 years and I have NEVER put ANYONE on my ignore list. Congratulations! You've broken that cherry. Bam! Zoom!

Dec 22, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #311 of 506
You know, you're presumptuous little c... man. For some reason, you think it's ok for you to tell people how they should or should not respond to posts, you think it's ok stick your self righteous p... nose into a conversation that has nothing to do with you and then you don't know when to let it go. I have been a member of Head-Fi for almost 20 years and I have NEVER put ANYONE on my ignore list. Congratulations! You've broken that cherry. Bam! Zoom!
:)
Good move. It helps clever people to separate from dumb people (somehow).

Dec 22, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #312 of 506
The fact that you would even bother to compare it to a $7,000 amp speaks volumes about the sound quality of the L30

Don't put words in my mouth, I compare everything to it as I find it's an absolute reference outside of me playing my own instruments

But L30 is enough, I found it a bit better than atom and more consistent than SP200, but it's no where near realistic enough to be 100% transparent and lifelike like the Bricasti, tho for a lot of people it'll be wonderful especially in the price point it's at

Dec 22, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #313 of 506
Don't put words in my mouth, I compare everything to it as I find it's an absolute reference outside of me playing my own instruments

But L30 is enough, I found it a bit better than atom and more consistent than SP200, but it's no where near realistic enough to be 100% transparent and lifelike like the Bricasti, tho for a lot of people it'll be wonderful especially in the price point it's at

I agree. I think it's a wonderful amp and it's probably the end game in terms of amplifiers for many, many people.

Dec 22, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #314 of 506
I would say to people who may be curious about the L30, not to bother trying it if they already have anything decent.

Just wait for the next hype train to arrive, as there is usually another train waiting around the corner.

Amusing stuff guys, but don't get too heavy because all our posts could get deleted by the Mods.

Dec 22, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #315 of 506
I would say to people who may be curious about the L30, not to bother trying it if they already have anything decent.

Just wait for the next hype train to arrive, as there is usually another train waiting around the corner.

Amusing stuff guys, but don't get too heavy because all our posts could get deleted by the Mods.
I bought it and I'm quite happy with it. Hype or no hype. I'm not the type of a person who changes their equipment every 5 minutes. Once I'm satisfied with something, I keep it. I still have my HD580 headphones, that I've had for over 20 years. I changed my DAC/Amp just recently after using it for about 15 years. So, I do a lot of research and I try out stuff whenever I can and if there's something that does the job the way I want it to, then I buy it and I keep it. The L30 is a definite keeper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back