The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Apr 12, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #7,801 of 9,972
  I guess there is nothing wrong if I try to profit from my OCD...
atsmile.gif
 Just kidding, I will do it for the community with pleasure.

Thanks for your work with this. Loving the bigger fonts! :)

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #7,802 of 9,972
Question: Do the battery icon in the top bar shows the right depletion progress? i find it very inaccurate, I can listen to my X3II for 4 hours and it does not show progress. I am planning on working on a better icon, but if it does not work properly I do not know if it is worth it.

Apr 12, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #7,803 of 9,972
Question: Do the battery icon in the top bar shows the right depletion progress? i find it very inaccurate, I can listen to my X3II for 4 hours and it does not show progress. I am planning on working on a better icon, but if it does not work properly I do not know if it is worth it.
I think it's a bit hit and miss. I used to own the Z5 which had a tonne of custom themes and an even worse battery meter. I believe the best people were able to do is create wider battery icons with more segments that would deplete with use.

Apr 12, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #7,804 of 9,972
I think it's a bit hit and miss. I used to own the Z5 which had a tonne of custom themes and an even worse battery meter. I believe the best people were able to do is create wider battery icons with more segments that would deplete with use.

... and what about incorporate Time!?!

Apr 12, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #7,806 of 9,972

The thing to do is to calibrate the battery meter. To do that you have to deplete the X3II and then charge it fully. Do that a few times and the battery meter should be calibrated.

Apr 12, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #7,807 of 9,972
... and what about incorporate Time!?!

Man, that would be very difficult, that will probably require hardware modifications. I was more thinking of making the battery icon bigger and incorporate a number such as 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100.

Apr 12, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #7,809 of 9,972
Man, that would be very difficult, that will probably require hardware modifications. I was more thinking of making the battery icon bigger and incorporate a number such as 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100.

I was joking!

:D

My Nikon camera, have all these functions/possibilities, time, user personalisation... (exif)

Apr 12, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #7,811 of 9,972
I am having a lot of problems with the DAC drivers. I have disabled driver signatures, installed the software, and the driver shows up but simply states driver has an error. The setting is set to DAC and it charges the battery. Has anyone else had similar issues? Other than this, I love the player. Fantastic sound and great functionality.

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #7,812 of 9,972
Mokler; I assume you are using the old DAC driver since you mentioned disabling driver signatures. 

In general, using this device as a DAC does put a drain on the batteries. 

One method to slow it down is to purchase a $10 USB non powered hub from Amazon.  I can't remember the brand right now but it is something "cute" in nature.  It is sort of squarish and has two USB ports.  Anyway it allows the X3II to be used with iphones (with a CCK of course) and helps with power draw a bit.   It seems to modify the power draw reporting of the USB circuitry.

Of course if you use the unit in a desktop environment then you should consider a powered hub which is a whole 'nother animal.

You could also try the recent firmware and the new USB driver which does not require driver signing.  I tried the beta and it seemed to work; but the beta mucked up the USB storage access which is why FIIO had to change the PID in the new firmware.  I can't comment on the new USB driver in the final release as I choose to stay on older firmware.

Apr 13, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #7,813 of 9,972
I do not quite remember how far back it was but a newer member posted a custom firmware based on 1.4 that made the x3 much easier to use in sunlight. I also think they customized the eq based on their headphones but I did not utilize that.

It might be worth taking a look at that for inspiration for other mods

I would suggest as many mods as possible based on 1.4 because I may never upgrade due to the otg removal in later versions

Apr 13, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #7,814 of 9,972
You know, on my regions forum,they are many that like sound signature of iPod Classic more than X3ii as they state that iPod are sound more analog and vocal sound fuller, that made me wonder about X3ii sound quality versus iPod Classic?

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #7,815 of 9,972
  You know, on my regions forum,they are many that like sound signature of iPod Classic more than X3ii as they state that iPod are sound more analog and vocal sound fuller, that made me wonder about X3ii sound quality versus iPod Classic?

These are people that have no idea what good sound sounds like. They like a sound that's not neutral. They like sound that's been modified. How many of these people are using earbuds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back