The discovery thread!
May 19, 2024 at 3:39 AM Post #102,076 of 104,170
What audio gear are you guys/gals looking forward to getting?

Either planned purchase or something on the way.

For me:
  • 634ears LOAK TX-02 - one of the 3 flagship variants, should be finished very soon.
  • Dita Project M - absolutely stunning IEM and I want to hear it after all the praise, getting one in June.
  • Kinera Celest Relentless - will be my first Celest, doubt it come here before July.
  • Kinera QoA Adonis 2.0 - will be coming together with Relentless.
  • Letshuoer new dongle.

And for what I want to get, but money might stop me. Pilgrim Noir, Symphonium Titan, CFA Fathom. I'll add a last one, AFUL Explorer look good.

For the first time in a few years… nothing.

Not while I have these in my ears.

IMG_5578.jpeg

IMG_5518.jpeg

Voltage has not only been dominating ear time to the exclusion of all else, it’s pretty much killed all desire to acquire anything else. It’s not exactly cheap but the number of budget and mid-tier releases I’ve sat out has made it worthwhile.

My current impressions are here.

But since this is the discovery thread, I
I don’t deny being curious about Pilgrim Noir, having heard the Pilgrim, but am holding off on both until I see some comparisons based on the final tuning of the Noir. And the Aful Explorer sounds like it’d be my jam.

Only about 15 pages to catch up with now…

May 19, 2024 at 3:54 AM Post #102,077 of 104,170
For the first time in a few years… nothing.

Not while I have these in my ears.

IMG_5578.jpeg
IMG_5518.jpeg

Voltage has not only been dominating ear time to the exclusion of all else, it’s pretty much killed all desire to acquire anything else. It’s not exactly cheap but the number of budget and mid-tier releases I’ve sat out has made it worthwhile.

My current impressions are here.

But since this is the discovery thread, I
I don’t deny being curious about Pilgrim Noir, having heard the Pilgrim, but am holding off on both until I see some comparisons based on the final tuning of the Noir. And the Aful Explorer sounds like it’d be my jam.

Only about 15 pages to catch up with now…

Way better than symphonium Titan?

May 19, 2024 at 3:55 AM Post #102,078 of 104,170
So question for you beautiful iem lovers, and @o0genesis0o <3, do you know of any items that are similar to the JM1 target. I'm doing um... research here is a few I got and where.

I know the Dunu Davinci which is hyped is done to the jm1 target.

If you don't believe that it is hyped check out this poll from my little channel.

I also know the waner is really close to it.

And this new project from Crinacle.

Anyhow, just thinking about this new meta target. Anyone know of anything close?

I can't particularly pin point the IEM, but the target reminds me of several "well-tuned" IEM combined together.

Wait, got it. Elysian DIVA 2023 in middle bass position. Look at the deeply tucked bass shelf and the "fat" hump on the raise from 1 kHz to 3 kHz.

Edit: the roll down after the 3kHz is something different. But it make sense since the coupler becomes unreliable after that area anyway.

"Project" Knight. Interesting. The "project" part makes me think of FAudio.

Btw

qlriw6dl.png

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 3:55 AM Post #102,079 of 104,170
Shozy B2 worth a look? Never purchased from this site but the price is drastically lowered without the fancy cable.

https://thehificat.com/products/sho...MIur3Og92YhgMVrNbCBB3OWw6sEAQYASABEgIK2fD_BwE
The SHOZY B2 is something. A big and organic bass option. Super comfortable and well made, yet small. The B2 really does change with every cable, that is why retailers have chosen at least three different cables to offer with it though-out the years. But super attention to detail in build. Every single IEM has its own serial number. There is a crazy ways they ended putting vents off the surface of the IEM..........as the faceplate ruffles, it makes vents. The bass is big yet still allowing pace and midrange details to still shine though..........I don't know how, but they did it? Another IEM that has a personality and makes music fun........really the opposite from a boring IEM. :)

A stone-cold classic!
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/shozy-isn-audio-scb2.25535/reviews#review-28891

The Art Deco IEM
Pros
: Super comfortable due to size, weight and nozzle length
Well-made CNC stainless-steel shell with 24K gold plated trim
Three tuning nozzles included; silver, copper and titanium
Includes $99.90 ISN SC4 cable for B2 IEM and SC4 cable synergy
Exemplary timbre
Perfect layering
Hand polished
Optimized Single 10mm CNT (Carbon Nano-composite Vibration Film)
Lower mid-centric fun
One-of-a-kind shape and size
Unique height and stage depth
A tasteful, big (stage) response
ISN SC4 cable enhances stage depth and height
ISN SC4 cable adds extra slivers of detail to the mids and highs and controls low-end
ISN SC4 cable adds separation and delineation
Slightly roll-off sub-bass
Exquisite imaging
Arranges detail though imaging, layering and relatively good separation instead of brightness
Forgiveness aplenty
Deep bass, though without rumble
Slightly syrupy
Scales up, up and to the moon with desktop resolution/power
Dark but not sub-bass focused

Cons: Dark but not sub-bass focused
Not built for audiophiles into linear tuning designs
Overly warm
L shape signature not preference to some
Slightly syrupy
Slightly rolled-off sub-bass
Treble has detail, but not sparkly
DSC_0047.jpegvebe.jpeg

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 4:01 AM Post #102,080 of 104,170
Way better than symphonium Titan?

In a nutshell and for my preferences, yes - technically stronger and also a more versatile all-rounder unless you’re an out and out basshead.

May 19, 2024 at 4:03 AM Post #102,081 of 104,170
The SHOZY B2 is something. A big and organic bass option. Super comfortable and well made, yet small. The B2 really does change with every cable, that is way retailers have chosen at least three different cables to offer with it thought the years. But super attention to detail in build. Every single IEM has its own serial number. There is a crazy ways they ended putting vents off the surface of the IEM..........as the faceplate ruffles, it makes vents. The bass is big yet still allowing pace and midrange details to still shine though..........I don't know how, but they did it? Another IEM that has a personality and makes music fun........really the opposite from a boring IEM. :)

A stone-cold classic!
Ah yeah, I’m aware of the bass by the graph, don’t mind though as long as the quality is there. I’m pretty lenient about bass these days as long as the general shape is there and it’s tight enough/hits deep enough when driven in balanced.

May 19, 2024 at 4:08 AM Post #102,082 of 104,170
Oriveti OD200 vs CCA Polaris

Both are single DD. Both have pretty present bass. Both have excellent timbre and treble extension.
Mids are slightly more forward in the OD200. Transparency and spacial cues are more spaced out between instruments with the OD200.
Detail retrieval are very close. Very similar. Both very technically proficient, but both lag behind the Trio, Shangs, or Aures. About equal with the Simgots.
One of the reasons I kept the OD200 over the EA1000 was become the OD200 has excellent soundstage and imaging. Not just wide, but it does have depth. These win out against the Polaris also, but it's not a runaway. After 3 hours of intense burn in, the Polaris did open up a little bit more, but head to head, the $200 IEM is in fact better than the $20.00 Polaris, but is it better than the $25 CCA Trio? Hmm....perhaps? Or perhaps not?
Thanks, was thinking about the OD200. Just got my Polaris in the mail! Tiny little box, cute lol.

May 19, 2024 at 4:10 AM Post #102,083 of 104,170
Ah yeah, I’m aware of the bass by the graph, don’t mind though as long as the quality is there. I’m pretty lenient about bass these days as long as the general shape is there and it’s tight enough/hits deep enough when driven in balanced.
See that is the wild thing about the B2, it is not muddy or like those heavy bass ridiculous inventions..........I'm not going to mention names here..........but the B2 is sophisticated and polite........actually the bass is one of the main features..........endearing you to its sound?

Never seen a graph of it?

May 19, 2024 at 4:10 AM Post #102,084 of 104,170
The SHOZY B2 is something. A big and organic bass option. Super comfortable and well made, yet small. The B2 really does change with every cable, that is why retailers have chosen at least three different cables to offer with it though-out the years. But super attention to detail in build. Every single IEM has its own serial number. There is a crazy ways they ended putting vents off the surface of the IEM..........as the faceplate ruffles, it makes vents. The bass is big yet still allowing pace and midrange details to still shine though..........I don't know how, but they did it? Another IEM that has a personality and makes music fun........really the opposite from a boring IEM. :)

A stone-cold classic!
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/shozy-isn-audio-scb2.25535/reviews#review-28891

The Art Deco IEM
Pros
: Super comfortable due to size, weight and nozzle length
Well-made CNC stainless-steel shell with 24K gold plated trim
Three tuning nozzles included; silver, copper and titanium
Includes $99.90 ISN SC4 cable for B2 IEM and SC4 cable synergy
Exemplary timbre
Perfect layering
Hand polished
Optimized Single 10mm CNT (Carbon Nano-composite Vibration Film)
Lower mid-centric fun
One-of-a-kind shape and size
Unique height and stage depth
A tasteful, big (stage) response
ISN SC4 cable enhances stage depth and height
ISN SC4 cable adds extra slivers of detail to the mids and highs and controls low-end
ISN SC4 cable adds separation and delineation
Slightly roll-off sub-bass
Exquisite imaging
Arranges detail though imaging, layering and relatively good separation instead of brightness
Forgiveness aplenty
Deep bass, though without rumble
Slightly syrupy
Scales up, up and to the moon with desktop resolution/power
Dark but not sub-bass focused

Cons: Dark but not sub-bass focused
Not built for audiophiles into linear tuning designs
Overly warm
L shape signature not preference to some
Slightly syrupy
Slightly rolled-off sub-bass
Treble has detail, but not sparkly
B2 impresses by his deep bass. The bass is most visceral I've ever heard and not such technical as needs for analytical listening. Quite quick and very punchy.

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 4:12 AM Post #102,085 of 104,170
@cqtek Thanks a lot for your in depth review!
Even if I repeat myself here, but I catch myself continuously reaching out to my Himalaya... They are such a fun and engaging listen, yet quite detailed and the soundstage is, as you also experienced, close to breathtaking. It really has a somewhat special and refreshingly different tuning.

The only two gripes I have with them is 1) I wish they would be just a bit more prominent in the lows... just a tiny little bit.
And 2) the fit. Even with the Sigmot nozzle tuning kit and it's longer nozzles, I had to tip roll a lot to find a satisfying fit and isolation.

Nevertheless, even then I can't stop listening with them, and I have at least two well higher priced IEMs than the 300$ Himalaya.

EDIT: I'd love to see a FQ response curve with the Sigmot nozzles and the medium 300 Mesh. ... anyone? please?
Hello.

Thank you for your words.

I would also like a filter that enhances the bass instead of reducing the upper midrange.

Which particular filter would you like to measure with? I have the Simgot EA1000 filters.

Edit: All Simgot filters look the same. I think it is the same to use the filters of the EA500LM model as the EA1000, do you think so?
Edit2: I think they are the same, but I notice that the red filters on the EA1000s have some small defect that creates a difference between channels, while the rest of the EA1000s do not have any such defect.
Anyway, I have made measurements with the filters of both models.

NiceHCK Himalaya vs Simgot EA1000 Filters.pngNiceHCK Himalaya vs Simgot EA500LM Filters.pngNiceHCK Himalaya EA1000 Red.pngSimgot EA1000 Red.png

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 4:13 AM Post #102,086 of 104,170
B2 impresses by his deep bass. The bass is mist visceral I've ever heard and not such technical as needs for analytical listening. Quite quick and very punchy.
Well they did this tune with the B2.......I don't know how, but it is nice with a few sources and a few cables. Really the cables in the end blew me away........I mean the B2 will scale up to even perform better with a unique cable and/or source! There is a lot of IEM to that little guy..........I'm so happy it is not forgotten! :)
DSC_0101.jpeg

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 4:17 AM Post #102,089 of 104,170
Crinacle has the B2 graphed, pretty nice it’s just bass doesn’t hit ground level til right at 1k, and 10k dips a bit hard but extension is great afterwards.
The B2 is one IEM that I'm not sure how Crinacle would rate it? I love his tuning, but like the Tipsy, he may not get into what the B2 does?

May 19, 2024 at 4:19 AM Post #102,090 of 104,170
The B2 is one IEM that I'm not sure how Crinacle would rate it? I love his tuning, but like the Tipsy, he may not get into what the B2 does?
From my understanding he doesn’t seem to mind 10k dips but likes his bass with sub bass over mid bass so he’d probably not be too into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back