The discovery thread!
May 6, 2024 at 4:02 AM Post #100,591 of 102,214
Just to recap for my own benefit. On the new releases.

In the 100 to 150$: KZ Hydro (@Jaytiss recos) and Celest Relentless (Baskinshark initial impressions seems to be pretty good).

In the sub 30: CCA Trio for its staging, separation, mid-bass

50 to 100: Kefine Delci (sub-bass focussed) and Artti R1 (Mid-bass) . Both equal raves, depending on which part of bass you seek prominence.

400$: Elysian Pilgrim (awaiting more reviews, @o0genesis0o likes it a lot?) and Penon Voltage ( gushing-rave from DSnuts on Penon Voltage ! (Pilgrim ish price i reckon) Fair to assume that Penon fanboys will soon jump and rave on this soon. Will one outsider will say yeah good but not that great and amusing popcorn-popping timepass of passionate eyerolls will follow that)
I’ve already predicted that the Pilgrim would be quite hated by some listeners, and not just because it’s an Elysian IEM 😂 If you like your music to be thick and warm and “soulful”, you will hate this IEM. If you think Elysian is a overated brand for rich boys, you will hate this IEM. If you hate subbass focus tuning, you will hate this IEM. List goes on.

But if your preference matches mine, this IEM is a steal.

I imagine the voltage would be much more expensive than pilgrim. Would be very surprised if they can sell an IEM with fancy dual DD and the newer sonion quad EST for $400. Even if they can, I don’t think they will.

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 4:09 AM Post #100,593 of 102,214
64 audio 💸💸💸

May 6, 2024 at 4:11 AM Post #100,594 of 102,214
Anyone have a recommendation for a brand that does good iem with custom faceplates?
Hisenior is good, plenty others also. Sound Rhyme on AE is good but think they only make custom universal not CIEM.

And alot more brands, almost every maker who offer CIEM has customisation. And I bet most of them have good quality.

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 4:36 AM Post #100,595 of 102,214
I’m enjoying the EA1000 quite a bit. It has such an uncanny soundstage with some tracks and video games. I like to point my finger to the passive radiation driver but can’t say for sure. Such a great value for an IEM.

My only complaint is that it is not very isolating. Foam tips help somewhat, but no where nearly as isolating as a sealed IEM.

Edit: unfortunately, I’m a bit disappointed by the pairing with Simgot own dongle, the DEW4X. Maybe it would be better if I use the 4.4 output of the dongle.
I have problems when head to head ara. Ara is more even like everything in line nothing from sound goes to you more than other. On ea 1000 these are some detail that is behind and i want it even and upping volume that is too much for other part in sound and become bright.

May 6, 2024 at 5:06 AM Post #100,597 of 102,214
image.jpg

Mail call. I should have checked the size before ordering this cable thing 💀

May 6, 2024 at 5:17 AM Post #100,599 of 102,214
May 6, 2024 at 5:32 AM Post #100,600 of 102,214
Ok, can you repeat that again? I am interested, please. :)

Cheers!

Uhm, is that sarcasm? 😅

Anyhow, my preference: “What I look for in an IEM is immersion. I want to feel the orchestra around my head, track individual instruments, and hear all of their textures and details. I’m not picky about tonality, as long as it is not make the orchestra, violin, cellos, and pianos sound wrong.”

The pilgrim is all about separation, detail, and tight, subbass focused response. It will be too lean and perhaps bright if you like the thicker warmer Penon house sound.

If Penon Voltage will be 400 USD it will be an instant get for many, myself included :wink: .

Me too. From Dsnuts description, it sounds like a winner.

Folks, one question.

Why does my new 3.5 to 3.5 cable has an arrow pointing the direction? Since when is 3.5mm cable directional?

May 6, 2024 at 5:50 AM Post #100,601 of 102,214
May 6, 2024 at 6:01 AM Post #100,602 of 102,214
May 6, 2024 at 6:08 AM Post #100,603 of 102,214
Uhm, is that sarcasm? 😅
Oh nooo, at least this time, I am serious. :ksc75smile:

Ok, thanks...now, I will definitely pay more attention to it.
It seems it could be a good "substitute" for the Fiio FD7 I wanted to buy.
Still might, but Elysian could be the first to go for next. Hmm, after all the other stuff I am into right now. :)

" If you think Elysian is a overated brand for rich boys, you will hate this IEM"
I would move "hate" and also add - those who would buy something like that but are still not rich.

Cheers!

May 6, 2024 at 6:34 AM Post #100,604 of 102,214
Is that a 3.5mm to 3.5mm Interconnect cable?
Yup!

BE82B11F-3915-4829-A262-9A9FEF8116BA.jpeg

Btw, these TRI Clarion tips are great. Nice fit and sound with both pilgrim and ea1000. I think I have a great seal because midbass sounds thicker with both IEMs.

Edit: @fidgeraldo I can’t quite understand your sentence about Elysian 😅 anyhow, from personal experience, I know some people literally hate this brand and a few others because of their price. You know, claiming they are scam and all that sorts of thing. With that mindset, no way an IEM can sound good to them.

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 7:03 AM Post #100,605 of 102,214
I was writing with the IvipQ store on AliExpress about a custom cable and they pointed me to the fact they are running a promotion on two interesting cables.
They are already priced down in the sale but there is a special coupon that doesn't show on the page.
First cable is a 8 core with 4 cores of pure 7n frozen OCC and 4 cores of liquid nitrogen single crystal silver
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005006660434831.html

I am not sure what the freezing does to the cable or if it is just marketing but it seems a bit of an upgrade to the much used Xinhs pure copper and silver cable https://aliexpress.com/item/1005002350509830.html
And on top there are 3 choices of color.

The second cable is a 6 core with a lot of different conducting materials inside. Whether you think that is marketing or worth it I'll leave it up to you, I do think it looks really premium.
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005006659845897.html

The code for an extra $18ish off is 7EHAPK23VA15 but if that doesn't work you can always write IvipQ. My prices on Ali are in Euro so I am not sure what the actual dollar prices end up like but I bought the first cable for ~€36.5. I wish I could give some in hand impressions but the sale will be over by that time.
I promote these cables on my own and do not get any benefit from doing so. Most of my cables are IvipQ and I am just a happy customer, hoping I might help you guys to a good deal as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back