THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
May 13, 2024 at 3:34 AM Post #3,242 of 3,253
Yes, show conditions are hard for open headphones. The Composer does have a bit less than the newer Harman target curve in bass, so I understand if the balance you expected might be a bit different. But maybe you find an opportunity to check with your normal listening level.
Yes, but my guess would be that especially with a lower volume due to a quiter environment the bass will be even more reduced.
Interesting finding for me at the show was that most headphones sounded great. My theory this was because I had to crank up the volume due to noise above a level I usually hear.
It would be interesting to know at what volume level the designer tuned their headphones? It is the same with speakers, a linear tuned (or equalized) speaker sound greta at 85 dB listening level but if you listen at a lower volume, this linear tuning sounds quite dull and you need loundness correction. My theory is also that the Harman curve is attractive for people who listens mostly at lower levels and people who prefer to listen at louder levels do not like Harman so much because than bass is to strong.

May 13, 2024 at 4:29 AM Post #3,244 of 3,253
Yes, but my guess would be that especially with a lower volume due to a quiter environment the bass will be even more reduced.
Interesting finding for me at the show was that most headphones sounded great. My theory this was because I had to crank up the volume due to noise above a level I usually hear.
It would be interesting to know at what volume level the designer tuned their headphones? It is the same with speakers, a linear tuned (or equalized) speaker sound greta at 85 dB listening level but if you listen at a lower volume, this linear tuning sounds quite dull and you need loundness correction. My theory is also that the Harman curve is attractive for people who listens mostly at lower levels and people who prefer to listen at louder levels do not like Harman so much because than bass is to strong.
Good point. Yes, Fletcher-Munson curves never sleep :wink:
Louder is more impressive at a short listen, so show impressions are always to be verified later on.
Personally I like the Composers balance since treble never gets strident and bass reaches so deep it makes itself heard despite the a bit reserved level.

May 13, 2024 at 5:25 AM Post #3,245 of 3,253
Has anybody found a carrying case for the Composer?

Thanks

Torben
What was wrong with the one I poseted earlier? I have been using it for months. The composer fits perfectly, and the cable fits in the bag that attaches to the inside of the case.

May 13, 2024 at 5:27 AM Post #3,246 of 3,253
Good point. Yes, Fletcher-Munson curves never sleep :wink:
Louder is more impressive at a short listen, so show impressions are always to be verified later on.
Personally I like the Composers balance since treble never gets strident and bass reaches so deep it makes itself heard despite the a bit reserved level.
In fact, most of my listening time is at lower volumes. The compoers is great for this. I never feel like "where did the bass go or why did the music sound so dark when i turned the volume down."

May 13, 2024 at 6:13 AM Post #3,249 of 3,253
May 13, 2024 at 6:16 AM Post #3,250 of 3,253
Nomax told us that AA will release a carrying case soon ... just that you know
Yes, but that doesn't help me now. I often take my composer from the country to the city and vice versa. The case I am using has been excellent. You could even step on the case and the odds are really good that the composer survives. It certainly has stood up to being inside a tightly packed suitcase.

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 7:03 AM Post #3,251 of 3,253
Definitely you need to find a shop where you can listen to the composer in silence if possible, or just try to spend more time with it to hear their true potential.

Otherwise just listen to it again in a few months 😉

NOMAX

May 13, 2024 at 7:08 AM Post #3,252 of 3,253
Nomax told us that AA will release a carrying case soon ... just that you know

Not only that 😎

NOMAX

PS.AA gave me something else on Thursday for testing,and it wasn't the ear pads 😉
(Yes, that's how it is when you have a cleverly thought-out construction where everything can work acoustically😂)
I'm already looking forward to the fall when I can show you everything 💪🇦🇹💪
❗️And to clarify again...there will be no V2 of the Composer because of this❗

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 8:03 AM Post #3,253 of 3,253
This will be an additional joyous celebration in the fall for everyone who has a composer...and until then, let's enjoy the coming summer🤘

..and to get in the mood😎

IMG_0826.jpeg

NOMAX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back