Simgot IEM discussion thread.
Feb 21, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #287 of 384
Feb 23, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #289 of 384
Wrote a review of the EA1000 in case anyone's interested :)

https://www.headphoneer.com/simgot-ea1000-review/

1000012250.jpg

Feb 23, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #291 of 384
I received the EA500LM yesterday. Gonna play with it a while before giving impressions.

I was torn between the LM and the EM6L particularly in terms of treble performance. I went with the LM for the highly lauded driver technicalities for the price.

But the EM6L graphs look incredibly smooth in the treble. Is that smoothness really audible compared to the EA500LM?

With the apparent success of this new LM DD, I wonder if Simgot will drop an EM6LLM later this year.... That may be the one to hold out for.
As is predictably the case in this weird audio obsession, I've ended up ordering the EM6L too.

I also just received a Hype 4 so my initial impressions on the LM are being formed in comparison to that but I'll have the EM6L to measure it up against soon.

I would say for now that it has very authoritative Bass, slightly boosted in the mid bass area. No complaints of recessed mids on my part. Treble is brighter than I expected even with the gold nozzle. I created a custom nozzle with the simgot tuning kit. Still Messing around with that too but i think I reduced the treble too much with that and realised I missed the brightness after going back to the Gold nozzle.

Sometimes customisation options can be too much.

Stage is average, but probably more that expected at this price point. It doesn't match the stage of the Final A5000, Hype 4 or any of the more expensive sets I have around, but it's still an enjoyable stage.

Feb 23, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #292 of 384
As is predictably the case in this weird audio obsession, I've ended up ordering the EM6L too.

I also just received a Hype 4 so my initial impressions on the LM are being formed in comparison to that but I'll have the EM6L to measure it up against soon.

I would say for now that it has very authoritative Bass, slightly boosted in the mid bass area. No complaints of recessed mids on my part. Treble is brighter than I expected even with the gold nozzle. I created a custom nozzle with the simgot tuning kit. Still Messing around with that too but i think I reduced the treble too much with that and realised I missed the brightness after going back to the Gold nozzle.

Sometimes customisation options can be too much.

Stage is average, but probably more that expected at this price point. It doesn't match the stage of the Final A5000, Hype 4 or any of the more expensive sets I have around, but it's still an enjoyable stage.
How would you rate the technicalities?

Feb 23, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #293 of 384
Feb 24, 2024 at 5:05 AM Post #295 of 384
Excellent review...if I had a rating system for reviews I think I'd give that a 10/10!

You've finally motivated me to try out the other nozzles since now I have an idea of what to listen for.
So far I've only used the red-ring nozzle that it came with.

Thanks, that is really appreciated 🙏

Check back and report on how you like the other nozzles!

Tip: I found them easier to replace when the silicone tip was already attached to the nozzle :)

Feb 27, 2024 at 10:09 PM Post #297 of 384
So my EA500 LM arrives tomorrow, and I'm quite curious and expectant (and hyped as hell) as this is the first pair of IEMs I have bought since 2019. And I think I'm not ready for the upgrade comparisons to those IEMs I had back then, years ago, and the Apple AirPods Pro 2nd gen I've been using during the past year and a half.

My Blons-03 made me jump into the hobby again after I unexpectedly found them when I had thought I lost them years ago. I used to have the Fiio FH5 and a Tin Hifi, that do not remember which one exactly, which they sadly, passed away, and the Fiio FA1 that I undoubtedly lost by accident.

Listening to the Blons-03 after having used the AirPods made me realize that there is something IEMs offer that is more immersive, more audiophile, and more exciting compared to the casual consumers type of wireless earphones like AirPods, Sony's WF-1000XM5, Boss earphones, etc. Do not get me wrong, for quite some time, the AirPods made me forget about the audiophile world due to how convenient, seamless, and nice-sounding they have been. However, I definitely missed that fulfillment and enthusiasm to discover new music and sounds because of how exciting the audio gear performed; that feeling of bringing up new details and tactility the AirPods couldn't reproduce while the Blons-03 could; for example, that timber, the texture, tonality, even the imagining, and some technical aspects.

Surely, after listening to the EA500 LM, I'm ready to fall into that rabbit hole again and start acquiring more IEMs

Feb 27, 2024 at 10:14 PM Post #298 of 384
So my EA500 LM arrives tomorrow, and I'm quite curious and expectant (and hyped as hell) as this is the first pair of IEMs I have bought since 2019. And I think I'm not ready for the upgrade comparisons to those IEMs I had back then, years ago, and the Apple AirPods Pro 2nd gen I've been using during the past year and a half.

My Blons-03 made me jump into the hobby again after I unexpectedly found them when I had thought I lost them years ago. I used to have the Fiio FH5 and a Tin Hifi, that do not remember which one exactly, which they sadly, passed away, and the Fiio FA1 that I undoubtedly lost by accident.

Listening to the Blons-03 after having used the AirPods made me realize that there is something IEMs offer that is more immersive, more audiophile, and more exciting compared to the casual consumers type of wireless earphones like AirPods, Sony's WF-1000XM5, Boss earphones, etc. Do not get me wrong, for quite some time, the AirPods made me forget about the audiophile world due to how convenient, seamless, and nice-sounding they have been. However, I definitely missed that fulfillment and enthusiasm to discover new music and sounds because of how exciting the audio gear performed; that feeling of bringing up new details and tactility the AirPods couldn't reproduce while the Blons-03 could; for example, that timber, the texture, tonality, even the imagining, and some technical aspects.

Surely, after listening to the EA500 LM, I'm ready to fall into that rabbit hole again and start acquiring more IEMs
Well the Crinacle guy said all Simgots are MID except EM6L, so you better get ready to return them. :frowning2:
I'm just kidding as they have gotten really good reviews from most other people.
I only have the Simgot EA1000s, but I really like them...probably my favorite pair now.
Other people prefer the EA500 LMs over the EA1000, so I'm sure you'll be happy with them.

Feb 27, 2024 at 10:57 PM Post #299 of 384
Well the Crinacle guy said all Simgots are MID except EM6L, so you better get ready to return them. :frowning2:
I'm just kidding as they have gotten really good reviews from most other people.
I only have the Simgot EA1000s, but I really like them...probably my favorite pair now.
Other people prefer the EA500 LMs over the EA1000, so I'm sure you'll be happy with them.
Even though I scored them 3.5 stars in my review that's just because of my personal preference towards warmer iems. The EA500LM are a fantastic set and I will continue to recommend them!

Feb 27, 2024 at 11:00 PM Post #300 of 384
Just had a re listen after proper burn in, and cable swapping to find right cable

i love these iem, bass, mids and treble just amazing ( detail monster) thru a lush veil

Everytime i use these simply amazed as my first dd driver and my first Simgot iem

Best 80 ive ever spent
Copper cable loves this iem

Simply wow
Amazing pairing with AKSE300 TI
Wow
IMG_2239.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back