Simgot IEM discussion thread.
Feb 2, 2024 at 7:30 AM Post #226 of 384
Yes, the LM, they are a dark anodized chrome, like dark chrome? They photograph strange, hard to make them look like they do in life.
Still great pictures! đź‘Ť

Feb 2, 2024 at 7:59 AM Post #227 of 384
Random recommendation

Used a coin and a carpet knife to cut these holes into the strap that hifigo sent me with the SA6 MK2 but I did it for my EA500 LM.

Now I actually use the strap with multiple iems because I don't have to detach the cables from the iems every time and risk damaging the connectors. The iems just pass straight through.

Really convenient and so simple

1000064600.jpg

Getting ready to dive into modding the LM with the Simgot tuning kit... Although I noticed the nozzles in the kit I received have no grills. Is that normal?

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 5:41 AM Post #228 of 384
A small question regarding modding: I'd like to avoid glue from the mesh filters staying on the nozzles if the filters are removed. I.e. I'd like the mod to be reversible.

Am I correct in thinking that this is impossible short of either removing the metal grill and inserting the mesh beneath, or getting new metal meshes and then using those if/when required as replacements?

If new meshes are the only way, would a 4.7 mm flat mesh be the one?

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 6:44 AM Post #229 of 384
A small question regarding modding: I'd like to avoid glue from the mesh filters staying on the nozzles if the filters are removed. I.e. I'd like the mod to be 100% reversible.

Am I correct in thinking that the filters can be applied from the underside (from beneath the metal mesh, accessing from the other side), rather than pasted on top of the metal grill of the nozzle itself, to avoid this without any changes to what they do sound-wise?
If you have the patience, I’m sure you probably can, but that will make reversing the mod needlessly complicated. There ain’t so much glue on the filter that that’s going to alter the sound of your IEM.

Although I noticed the nozzles in the kit I received have no grills. Is that normal?
Yes. The filters go in on the lip of the bare nozzle

Feb 3, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #230 of 384
If you have the patience, I’m sure you probably can, but that will make reversing the mod needlessly complicated. There ain’t so much glue on the filter that that’s going to alter the sound of your IEM.

Yes. The filters go in on the lip of the bare nozzle
Noted, so only remove the glue if really feeling like it. I haven't tried the meshes on original nozzles yet for this reason (only on the modding kit nozzle so far, a 500 + 300).

On a side note... Is it me or do the foam inserts just kind of muffle sound? I didn't have a lot of time to play around with them yet, but all I got out of them was a kind of muffling, like a noise filter is applied over the top of the nozzle's own signature sound. While it may reduce treble, it also reduces clarity (although not separation/stage). The same thing can be achieved through adding 2.8, 2.2, 1.6, 1, 0.4 DB on a 10-band EQ without clarity loss.

What's the difference between what the foam and mesh filters do, does anyone know? Are both meant for specifically treble reductions?

And as an aside, is there any way to slightly increase 20 - 500 HZ through modding without impacting clarity? I see people recommending stuff ranging from 500 - 800 level filter on the nozzles, double foam, double foam + filter, but all of those audibly impact clarity.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #231 of 384
Yes, the LM, they are a dark anodized chrome, like dark chrome? They photograph strange, hard to make them look like they do in life.
Do they sound as good as the reecho dawn?

Feb 4, 2024 at 7:22 AM Post #232 of 384
Do they sound as good as the reecho dawn?
Well, the two are the top two single full-range DDs I have heard this year. Yet I have not reviewed the LM as yet, it is still burning-in as we speak. Where I did do a Dawn review already. It takes me time to do a thorough review. But first impressions and from memory and not side-by-sides, there is probably more bass with the LM, though the lower midrange resolution goes to the Dawn. Also there was a wild way you could change the Dawn to be better than the (previous DD release) OVA by rotating in a ISN GC4 cable which blew me away with how the resolution (especially lower resolution) changed with the Dawn? The cable change does nothing of the sort when using the OVA for some reason? Why, have you heard the Dawn yet?

Edit: You maybe have heard word on the street as to the amazing qualities of the Dawn? Where the LM has (so far) intrigued me by the itemized and large stage, where the Dawn is more all as one, yet still big staged and the LM has more separation except not as even, I need to do side-by-sides to know for sure. But this is my take from memory, I will know more after the review is written. Where the LM almost sounds like more than one driver?

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 10:28 PM Post #234 of 384

I've just completed a review of the Simgot EA1000s - by far one of the most impressive IEMs I've heard under $500. You're invited to read it here. :relaxed:

Feb 8, 2024 at 3:51 AM Post #235 of 384
Feb 8, 2024 at 5:33 AM Post #236 of 384
Good review. The Simgot EA500LM is actually a 'problem' to me. Whatever group of rotations of my IEMs, the Simgot EA500LM always goes in that group. The EA500LM holds it's own. On pure concentrated, pleasurable music, getting lost in the music, having a peak music experience...the EA500LM can, for me, be in the best of the IEM groups that lead to pure immersion in the music. Of course for that the critical mind must be turned off....and then one can get a music 'peak' experience like being on a trip. The EA500LM is one of those IEMs that sound so good to me, and they let me have 5 minutes in Heaven.

Feb 8, 2024 at 5:36 AM Post #237 of 384
Good review. The Simgot EA500LM is actually a 'problem' to me. Whatever group of rotations of my IEMs, the Simgot EA500LM always goes in that group. The EA500LM holds it's own. On pure concentrated, pleasurable music, getting lost in the music, having a peak music experience...the EA500LM can, for me, be in the best of the IEM groups that lead to pure immersion in the music. Of course for that the critical mind must be turned off....and then one can get a music 'peak' experience like being on a trip. The EA500LM is one of those IEMs that sound so good to me, and they let me have 5 minutes in Heaven.
Which nozzle configuration and source?

Feb 8, 2024 at 2:37 PM Post #239 of 384
Guys, any tips on eartips?

I've just received the long awaited first pack of Final Type E for the EA1000, only to find out bass now literally has less resolution that it did on basic $1 KZ Star Line tips. 🤦‍♂️ With no gain in bass quantity over those either (like you'd get on a warm source for example, at least trade some resolution for quantity). I think the bores are just too small, a ton of detail across all frequencies is getting lost for this sense of "muffledness" that some seem to interpret as "bass enhancement" for whatever reason (which for me it isn't even quantity-, never mind quality-wise). They did reduce the higher frequencies somewhat, but at the expense of sound overall sounding a bit flatter (more balanced, some would say).

Any tips that actually boost bass without losing that nice bass texure/resolution for the EA1000? You know what I mean - you can make out the entire sound of a drum skin being hit and vibrating when drums start, for example, rather than just a flat and fast gone "bang" (with the wrong tips it ends up losing those details).

Also, fwiw, EA500 LM shipment got stuck at the airport just before leaving China. Doesn't matter, I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #240 of 384
Well, the two are the top two single full-range DDs I have heard this year. Yet I have not reviewed the LM as yet, it is still burning-in as we speak.
Look forward to the review!

Anyone know what the next iem is for Simgot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back