Simgot IEM discussion thread.
Nov 22, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #61 of 401
Completely worth the cash. It is excellent for acoustic, singer songwriter music. For your genre of music. I own dynamics that cost a whole bunch more and these hang in there with the best of them as far a detail and timbre goes.

You see a used EA1000 on the sales forum? That might be your answer. No one is gonna sell theirs once they hear them. Especially now that you can fine tune them to your liking. Look for BF coupons on aliexpress. Might get you a set a bit cheaper.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #62 of 401
Completely worth the cash. It is excellent for acoustic, singer songwriter music. For your genre of music. I own dynamics that cost a whole bunch more and these hang in there with the best of them as far a detail and timbre goes.

You see a used EA1000 on the sales forum? That might be your answer. No one is gonna sell theirs once they hear them. Especially now that you can fine tune them to your liking. Look for BF coupons on aliexpress. Might get you a set a bit cheaper.
I saw a good deal on 11/11 which will probably return, but even then it was still quite pricey.
I can't tell if this is a marketing strategy to sell at such a high price or if it's really worthy.
I may give it a try & suffer thru the buyer's remorse until I receive it and satisfy my curiosity. :)

I'm not sure why I would want to buy more expensive IEMs as I get just as much enjoyment from my less expensive KZs.
I'm guessing my ears are not up to par with audiophile standards. :)

Nov 22, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #63 of 401
I am lookin at the IEMs you own and I know these will be a bit more pricier vs the ones you own but the resolving quality of the EA1000 will be several levels above the stuff you own. No faking the resolution on these. Your Fan2 SQ level will be the closest and even those are not going to resolve as much as these. You will understand once you hear them and give them a good work out.

Nov 22, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #64 of 401
@Dsnuts If possible, how would you compare the presentation between the ea1000 and the quattro? I'm on the fence between both for a more organic/warm iem compared to my vari.

Nov 22, 2023 at 8:07 PM Post #65 of 401
Only way to get the EA1000 to be a bit warmer in presentation is using a pure copper cable, use something like Final E tips/ narrow bored and most importantly with the EA1000 or the EA500 tuning kit. Tuning the tonality to your liking is as easy as throwing in a piece of foam in the bottom of one of the nozzles. My fave thus far is just a foam piece in the bottom of the gold nozzle. Takes not even a minute to do. You can do a combination of nozzle filter and a piece of foam to get even more dampening. It takes away a bit of that treble sparkle but will most definitely get you that warmth.

Its got the organic part correct but has about 10dbs of upper mids and treble emphasis beyond that. If you are willing to tinker a bit yes you can get the EA1000 to sound like how you want it

The only aspect of the quattro you gotta do to get to your sound preference is just burn them in for better driver cohesion and tightness. Its definitely got the organic sound presentation down as well. Where it will come down to is if you want a really nice single dynamic or a really nice quad dynamic. Price will play into that equation as well. The EA1000 is much easier to drive by the way. The Quattros require a bit of power but comes out full swinging once you got some juice added to the equation.

Nov 23, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #66 of 401
Couldn't resist 11/11 & BF/CM deals on Simgot IEMs. :astonished:

Simgot EA1000.jpg

Simgot EW200.jpg

Nov 23, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #67 of 401
How does that Linsoul discount work? You buy a $100 discount code for $50?
So basically get an EA1000 for $147.99?

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #68 of 401
How does that Linsoul discount work? You buy a $100 discount code for $50?
So basically get an EA1000 for $147.99?
Yes but you needed to buy the code before the sale started earlier this morning. It's not available anymore.

Nov 23, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #69 of 401
Yes but you needed to buy the code before the sale started earlier this morning. It's not available anymore.
I just noticed that...too late to the party! I was searching AliExpress this morning, but I don't see any deals as good as 11/11. Guess my credit card will stay safely tucked away for now. Hopefully the EA1000 sounds great & fits great; if not, you could probably sell it breakeven since you got such a good deal.

Nov 24, 2023 at 5:54 PM Post #70 of 401
Only way to get the EA1000 to be a bit warmer in presentation is using a pure copper cable, use something like Final E tips/ narrow bored and most importantly with the EA1000 or the EA500 tuning kit. Tuning the tonality to your liking is as easy as throwing in a piece of foam in the bottom of one of the nozzles. My fave thus far is just a foam piece in the bottom of the gold nozzle. Takes not even a minute to do. You can do a combination of nozzle filter and a piece of foam to get even more dampening. It takes away a bit of that treble sparkle but will most definitely get you that warmth.

Its got the organic part correct but has about 10dbs of upper mids and treble emphasis beyond that. If you are willing to tinker a bit yes you can get the EA1000 to sound like how you want it

The only aspect of the quattro you gotta do to get to your sound preference is just burn them in for better driver cohesion and tightness. Its definitely got the organic sound presentation down as well. Where it will come down to is if you want a really nice single dynamic or a really nice quad dynamic. Price will play into that equation as well. The EA1000 is much easier to drive by the way. The Quattros require a bit of power but comes out full swinging once you got some juice added to the equation.
FWIW I used the Paul Wasabi EA1k mod recommendation
[Basically add a mesh filters to replacement sound nozzles - all items in Simgot DIY tuning kit]

His recc made for the most pleasurable & pleasing tuning to my ears. All the different tuning options make this a worthy set, but be ready for some dedicated time & effort to isolate your preferred perfect sound.

Nov 26, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #71 of 401
Nov 29, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #72 of 401
Enjoying both of these sets now which counter each other yet still maintain that Simgot house sound -
EA1000 - neutral-bright, technical yet fun
EM6L - lush, smooth take on Harman

But both are lively in the treble region and never boring, never dry, and never too analytical.

Posted my impressions on the head-fi EM6L product showcase as well -
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/simgot-em6-l.26639/reviews
1000034027.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #73 of 401
Nov 29, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #74 of 401
The link doesn't work.
Oh posted the Facebook post from the Head-Fi.org group originally. Redirected now to the product showcase itself. Thanks!

Dec 4, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #75 of 401
1701718446841.png

The cables on EA1000 is a limited Christmas edition ARESS x Cadmus 8 wire cable. I have to say the EA1000 scales so well with higher end cables.
They sound nothing like a $220 IEM using this particular cable. It sounds more like a higher midfi offering much more higher midfi offering. My take on the EA1000 https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/simgot-ea1000-fermat-in-ear-monitor.26790/review/32334/ For the fellas that own the EA1000. Don't stop at the nozzle filter. Throw on your best copper based cable and you will understand and if you have the means this particular cable is special on the EA1000. Just mind numbing synergy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back