shure se215 vs hifiman re 400 for newbie
May 25, 2014 at 4:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

flat bob

New Head-Fier
Yo everyone else

My first post on head fi. I'm a 17 year old living off my allowance and until now have never known the world of headphones outside my local store (which has a **** range). Looking to spend around a hundred dollars and saw all the gushing praise for the re 400 waterline and the shure se215s. I think I've been growing up with warmer sounding earphones (sennheiser cx 300ii and jays t-jays two) which would make the 215s a better choice but the re 400s seem to have better clarity based on the reviews. 

Need to decide between the two. Can anyone point out some differences so that I can make a more informed decision?

Thanks

May 25, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #3 of 9
May 25, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #4 of 9
Thanks for the reply

What do you mean that you didn't care for it? Plus I know there a lot of good options around the $100 mark. Spent hours scouring all the threads here. Done a bit more reading up since then. I like the fact that the 215s have a replacement cable. Cable seemed to be a prominent issue on my previous pairs. Think I'll nab the 215s.

May 25, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #5 of 9
Thanks for the reply

What do you mean that you didn't care for it? Plus I know there a lot of good options around the $100 mark. Spent hours scouring all the threads here. Done a bit more reading up since then. I like the fact that the 215s have a replacement cable. Cable seemed to be a prominent issue on my previous pairs. Think I'll nab the 215s.

Some people have problems with the shure connectors. The cable is very thick also which some people hate, but it is very tough. And the memory wire is a problem for some. It's a good IEM though. It was my first so i'm a bit bias

May 25, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #7 of 9
What kind of problems do they have. And by some do u mean a minority or a majority

It's not a big problem that only affects some. Shure connectors rotate so sometimes there's connection problems. I've never that that problem before, but my friend had it. All you need to do is move it a bit and it starts working again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back