Sennheiser IE300 Review & Measurements
Feb 12, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #691 of 738
You are obviously lying because I didn't post this comparison yet you claimed I did. Headfonia comparison been posted by me as well as majorhifi's take on IE200 high-end which in case you didn't get I will highlight here:

44444.png

Feb 12, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #692 of 738
Oh, you are right, my mistake. I assumed you posted IE 300 vs IE 200 comparison review when making claims and being asked about IE 300 vs IE 200.

So to summarise.
In terms of sound
Headfonia say IE 200 is step down in technical performance but smoother warmer than IE 300
MajorHifi says IE 200 is upgrade IE 300, technically superior and brighter but never harsh ...
Super* says IE 200 is better in all ways.
Gizaudio prefers IE 200

Clearly in favour of IE 200, not forgetting MSRP is half the IE 300

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #693 of 738
Because of the new IE 200, one can find ridiculous prices for the IE 300. I just found them, here in Europe, at 130€ (cheaper than the IE 200) and despite my previous issues with the model, I couldn't resist! I just hope I get a good working unit this time... fingers crossed!

Feb 16, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #694 of 738
IE 300 is strongly v shaped.
IE 900 is less v shaped and an upgrade in all aspects especially bass

IE 200 are neutral with slight bass boost
IE 600 are neutral (almost boring to me)

Owned all 4 , just my view.
In term of tuning pick your poison but I couldn't stand the piercing highs of the 300.
To me 200 are much better tuned.

I didn't really care about the 600 and my daily drivers are the 900

200 are really good (for the price)

They are all a joy to wear!

Feb 16, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #695 of 738

Owned all 4 , just my view.
In term of tuning pick your poison but I couldn't stand the piercing highs of the 300.
To me 200 are much better tuned.

I didn't really care about the 600 and my daily drivers are the 900

200 are really good (for the price)

They are all a joy to wear!
Sounds more and more like the ie 200s are exactly what im looking for...
Do you have any experience with non-senn iems in €150 range?

Feb 17, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #697 of 738

IE200 are V-shaped too, but less exciting than IE300. I'm surprised already much warmer and darker IE300 was piercing to you while IE200 much more prone to that, at least tunning-wise is not. Did you compare them both using same tips and was it the stock ones? So far most IE200 reviews are a mixed bag while IE300 inception was mostly positive, which actually to many was and still is a great complimentory to IE900, some even prefers IE300 tuning to IE600/900. So far it doesn't seem IE200 have great chances to achive this status at least based on what I've gathered, including the neverending "sound cutting out" saga (there are already many reports on that matter from IE200 owners), as well as new problematic dual tunning feature in IE200.

Oh, you are right, my mistake. I assumed you posted IE 300 vs IE 200 comparison review when making claims and being asked about IE 300 vs IE 200.

So to summarise.
In terms of sound
Headfonia say IE 200 is step down in technical performance but smoother warmer than IE 300
MajorHifi says IE 200 is upgrade IE 300, technically superior and brighter but never harsh ...
Super* says IE 200 is better in all ways.
Gizaudio prefers IE 200

Clearly in favour of IE 200, not forgetting MSRP is half the IE 300
Headfonia says IE200 is a downgrade to IE300 in most aspects. Majorhifi describe IE200 treble as sibilant and too bright up top. Super* prefers IE200/600 tuning without sayin much about IE300 technicalities, yet harsh things about IE200 technicalities. WhatsNew says because of sibilance IE200 are unlistenable without EQ. Damir Franc are not happy about IE200 either saying soundstage is a mess having intimate vocals and the rest of the sound disconnected outside of a thick dome, for him IE200 are oddly tunned compared to rest of the IE lineup (300/600/900) and he prefers cheaper 100 Pro's to IE200. Sharur who like to judge headphones based on graphs thinks IE200 frequency response is terrible.

Bad Guy Good Audio says IE200 is not even close to IE600, what's more dosen't have technical ability to conquer ChiFi offerings in sub 150$ IE200 being mostly vocal centric lacking rumble in bass - something I very much enjoy with my IE300 and suspected IE200 are greatly lacking because of the tuning.

GizAudio posted two videos regarding IE200 first one very biased after brief test at the local shop hyping them as if they were baby IE600 for 1/4 the price. However in the second video after having them for proper test he's much more reserved and less enthusiastic explaining new dual tuning gimmicky feature as potentially ruining the whole experience, and actually advising people not to buy IE200 at least not yet.

We can go on like this forever you dissing IE300 while I'm pointing cons of IE200 and as you can see there are a lot of issues with latest release. Obviously I'm waiting for more reviews especially Joshua Velour's, Headphone Show (from two other guys than what was already published), Z-reviews to name a few bigger ones on YouTube. In a few months to come things will be clarified. However what baffles me the most some people calling IE200 an "upgrade" to IE300 for half the MSRP. Those who buy Sennheiser products since many years know this brand doesn't operate like that. What's next IE100 as an "upgrade" to IE600/900? :) It's hillarious how things went crazy lately... maybe they made strategic decision product names doesn't mean anything anymore, but I suspect it's just the marketing department want to push IE200 sales like crazy to fight ChiFi. Well guess what IE300 was already doing that at the same price being multiple times reduced from 300$ to 150$ and even less.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 7:16 AM Post #698 of 738
I suspect it's just the marketing department want to push IE200 sales like crazy to fight ChiFi.
The $149 IE 200 is an entry point into the audiophile in-ear range and that's really it.

Just curious because I cannot tell from your posts...have you tried the IE 200 yet?

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Feb 17, 2023 at 7:39 AM Post #699 of 738
IE200 are V-shaped too, but less exciting than IE300. I'm surprised already much warmer and darker IE300 was piercing to you while IE200 much more prone to that, at least tunning-wise is not. Did you compare them both using same tips and was it the stock ones? So far most IE200 reviews are a mixed bag while IE300 inception was mostly positive, which actually to many was and still is a great complimentory to IE900, some even prefers IE300 tuning to IE600/900. So far it doesn't seem IE200 have great chances to achive this status at least based on what I've gathered, including the neverending "sound cutting out" saga (there are already many reports on that matter from IE200 owners), as well as new problematic dual tunning feature in IE200.

Headfonia says IE200 is a downgrade to IE300 in most aspects. Majorhifi describe IE200 treble as sibilant and too bright up top. Super* prefers IE200/600 tuning without sayin much about IE300 technicalities, yet harsh things about IE200 technicalities. WhatsNew says IE200 are unlistenable without EQ. Damir Franc are not happy about IE200 either saying soundstage is a mess having intimate vocals and the rest of the sound disconnected outside of a thick dome, for him IE200 are oddly tunned compared to rest of the IE lineup (300/600/900) and he prefers cheaper 100 Pro's to IE200. Sharur who like to judge headphones based on graphs thinks IE200 frequency response is terrible.

Bad Guy Good Audio says IE200 is not even close to IE600, what's more dosen't have technical ability to conquer ChiFi offerings in sub 150$ IE200 being mostly vocal centric lacking rumble in bass - something I very much enjoy with my IE300 and suspected IE200 are greatly lacking because of the tuning.

GizAudio posted two videos regarding IE200 first one very biased after brief test at the local shop hyping them as if they were baby IE600 for 1/4 the price. However in the second video after having them for proper test he's much more reserved and less enthusiastic explaining new dual tuning gimmicky feature as potentially ruining the whole experience, and actually advising people not to buy IE200 at least not yet.

We can go on like this forever you pointing pros while I'm pointing cons and as you can see there are a lot of cons. Obviously I'm waiting for more reviews especially Joshua Velour's, Headphone Show (from two other guys than what was already published), Z-reviews to name a few bigger ones on YouTube. In a few months to come things will be clarified. However what baffles me the most some people calling IE200 an "upgrade" to IE300 for half the MSRP. Those who buy Sennheiser products since many years know this brand doesn't operate like that. What's next IE100 as an "upgrade" to IE600/900? :) It's hillarious how things went crazy lately... maybe they made strategic decision product names doesn't mean anything anymore, but I suspect it's just the marketing department want to push IE200 sales like crazy to fight ChiFi. Well guess what IE300 was already doing that at the same price being multiple times reduced from 300$ to 150$ and even less.

It is just a matter of taste; they have different tunings. Obviously the 300 is much bassier, and the only bad thing about this (besides your taste or liking) is that bass gets into lower mids and obscures them a bit, so things like male vocals are recessed. Apart from that it is just what you prefer.

Feb 17, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #700 of 738
The $149 IE 200 is an entry point into the audiophile in-ear range and that's really it.

Just curious because I cannot tell from your posts...have you tried the IE 200 yet?
IE300 was already that before IE200 and most of the time at the same price or even cheaper.

I already told you in a different thread when I'm planning to do the testing, but obviously you are not interested to address concerns coming from many reviewers I quoted. Why supposedly "upgraded" version is named with lesser digit and not something like IE300S or IE350 remains unanswered too. As well as ongoing saga of sound cutting out, which was suppose to be a minor issue concerning small number of customers and fixed long time ago... which is clearly not the case since it happens to also newely relased IE200.

Feb 17, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #701 of 738
IE300 was already that before IE200 and most of the time at the same price or even cheaper.

I already told you in a different thread when I'm planning to do the testing, but obviously you are not interested to address concerns coming from many reviewers I quoted. Why supposedly "upgraded" version is named with lesser digit and not something like IE300S or IE350 remains unanswered too. As well as ongoing saga of sound cutting out, which was suppose to be a minor issue concerning small number of customers and fixed long time ago... which is clearly not the case since it happens to also newely relased IE200.
It's not called IE 300S etc because it is not a true successor.

The reviewers you quoted mention the things they don't like. I can't change those with my keyboard and why would I try? They are entitled to their opinion.

2 year warranty stands and customers are welcome to take advantage of it all the way up until day 730. I'll do my best to help troubleshoot but without being there we have to use tools that we have.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Feb 17, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #702 of 738
@GoodBoy listen with your ears instead of speculating.
Yes ie300 to me are heavy v shaped with big mid bass and sharp highs (too much for me)
IE 200 are flatter with more mids , so better tuned at the end
I'd take 200 any day even tough they are not entirely fitting my preferences.
900 are my daily driver. Good balance between fun and technical. And above all very good fit

Feb 17, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #703 of 738
Will you answer the question? You said IE200 are "neutral", but just looking at their frequency it clearly is not the case I remember when IE300 came out and some claimed these are netrual too,... Listening to IE300 don't hear any harshness up top not with stock silicone tips. It's interesting so many reviews are contradicting on IE200's high end. Maybe it's because of that new gimmicky dual tuning feature people accidentally changing tips position resulting in brighter or warmer tonality.

Reviewers are important. Brands loan/give them things to boost sales. People are reading and watching to evaluate wheter to try it of not. For those who didn't test, but seen multiple reviews/user opinions there's a general idea of product. That's what it's all about, only this time lesser graded product in brand's portfolio is supposed to replace higher number and for 50% MSRP. I want to get to the bottom of it and of course my ears will give me ultimate answer, but that's subjective, until then we still have too few comparisons of IE200 vs IE300.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #705 of 738
I usually hate IEM´s because the tips weight in SQ is more than it should and since most of the times you have to change tips, wanting or not, because of the ear anatomy you are already changing sound, away from the "ideal" conditions it was created for.

I love Sennheiser because they fit me perfectly. But even with the stock tips (which I use and have no issues at all with them) there are differences from foam to silicone ones. And subtler diferences between sizes of the same type. For example the M silicone tip fits my ear deeper in the channel, a "perfect" (as if any fit can be described so) fit that enhances the mid bass known to this model. But, the L silicone tips also fits my ears, they just don't go as deep and immediately the bass is less present, bringing forward the upper part of the sound spectrum. All this just with the options that Sennheiser "ideally" is providing you with - So you can play a little, or a lot, with sound tuning and all these debates about a particular sound to each model doesn't make any sense to me since it doesn't match reality at all, at least mine!

That is why usually I much prefer HP. Some play with pads for several reasons, but the good news is that if you don't want to, you don't have to do it, and just use them as they were designed to. With IEM´s the all idea crumbles and it is a subjective jungle out there, even worse than HP.

I just love the hundreds of threads out there about best tips and best IEM´s around. We all know everything in this audiophile world is very subjective, but it won't get much worse than when it comes to discuss and compare IEM´s. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :ksc75smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back