Schiit Modi Multibit 2 DAC
Dec 22, 2022 at 9:03 PM Post #16 of 1,649
I received my MM2 today and confirm there are no garbled noises when changing bit rates, the modi itself clicks a few times upon a change but I am guessing that is normal.

This is my first multibit dac and so far I am really enjoying it fed from roon and tied in singled ended to a THX887 which feeds my HE6SE V2 via balanced out (arctic cable).

Dec 22, 2022 at 9:38 PM Post #18 of 1,649
I sure am tempted to get one of these but I'm currently visiting with my parents and won't be back home for another 3 weeks. Do you think there'll still be stock by that point or should I just go ahead and order it now?
Why don't you ship it to your parents' home so that you can bring it back after the holidy instead of worrying about the stockout.

Dec 22, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #20 of 1,649
That's certainly an option, but I'm flying back and I have anxiety about putting that in a checked bag and my carryon backpack is already pretty heavy.

I'm probably overthinking this.
Don't worry they are packed well by Schiit..you can put it in Checked baggage without issue.

Dec 22, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #21 of 1,649
That's certainly an option, but I'm flying back and I have anxiety about putting that in a checked bag and my carryon backpack is already pretty heavy.

I'm probably overthinking this.
Without package, it is a small size box. You can switch some stuff from carryon to checked bag so that you can carry this inside your backpack.

Dec 23, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #24 of 1,649
Have one arriving tomorrow !
Me too, arriving from Texas tomorrwo. I actually had option to pick up one from "local" Newhall, which is 1 hour and 10 min drive from my home. But I would rather pay $24 for shipping.

Dec 23, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #25 of 1,649
tempImageu5o4pA.jpg

Trying to decide which one sounds better. Modi Multibit 2 in black on bottom. Original (I think. There's some kind of firmware update available?) Modi Multibit on top.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #28 of 1,649
If your having difficulty in deciding because they are so close, this should tell u something!

:>)
Alex
Honestly, my first impression is that I prefer the sound of the older model. Seems more detailed to me. I'll listen again later and see if I still think the same.

Dec 23, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #29 of 1,649
I assume that DAC does not need burn in?

Dec 23, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #30 of 1,649
I assume that DAC does not need burn in?
Most dacs dont need hours and hours of burn in.
Schiit has said to leave on somewhat for things to stabilize.
Many folks leave them on all the time.
The Yggy is the only dac from Schiit that I have read and asked Schiit directly about this.
Yggy yes give it time to warm up..others turn on and go...
I specifically asked about Bifrost 2.
Personally I turn on my stuff and let it warm up for an hour or so.
My PassLabs HPA-1 stays on 24/7 for years.

:>)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back