Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 12, 2024 at 6:35 PM Post #151,546 of 152,776
The truly sad part is that 62 people are out there ruining LPs right now...
No matter how well aligned the stylus - all pivot arms are wearing out grooves unevenly except at two discrete points. Sad, but true.

May 12, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #151,547 of 152,776
Yup for sure...its a really good tube...
But for me awesome is reserved for the over the top experience regardless of the stuff used...

I love playing with the tubes for sure, but many times most sound well "decent" to me and thats pretty good...LOL!

When I plug in the cans into the very decent Schiit Midgard, same dac with the same cans, it gets really close to my Awesome...
Its just clearer, more transparent and awes me at times with the listening experience.

That good...

But having tubes, being raised up in their hey-day they are fun to listen with...nostalgic for sure often...

My brain seems to like the higher impedance cans on tube amps, planars etc lower impedance on the SS amps...yeah wierd I know..

Alex
:>)
That is a reason I use a numbering system and do comparisons, I try to justify why I might term a tube decent or amazing. I can also look back at my scores in the event I see specific tubes for sale at a given price. I can easily compare price and performance. :ksc75smile:

May 12, 2024 at 7:10 PM Post #151,548 of 152,776
That's most generous of you! But as I've unsuccessfully tried to teach my wife for many years, most things that look too good to be true usually are. What's the catch? 🤣
Really not that generous, other than, as seen above, saving you from wearing out the grooves of your treasured polyvinyl chloride collection with a partially, incompletely or impartially restored Koetsu. Instead I'd be wearing out my pristine Sheffield Labs pressings with your our Koetsu.

The catch is that you might be without your our Koetsu for a lot little longer. However, you've already been without it for a long time and didn't miss it (much). so it's not even really that much of a catch. For you. For me, it's a great catch. :ksc75smile:

May 12, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #151,550 of 152,776
Really not that generous, other than, as seen above, saving you from wearing out the grooves of your treasured polyvinyl chloride collection with a partially, incompletely or impartially restored Koetsu. Instead I'd be wearing out my pristine Sheffield Labs pressings with your our Koetsu.

The catch is that you might be without your our Koetsu for a lot little longer. However, you've already been without it for a long time and didn't miss it (much). so it's not even really that much of a catch. For you. For me, it's a great catch. :ksc75smile:
Sheffield Labs!
My Those Direct To Disk Live Sessions
Thelma Houston and the Pressure Cooker....
Wore that record out for sure!

Alex

May 12, 2024 at 7:49 PM Post #151,552 of 152,776
Long ago, in the monaural hi-fi days, one of the best phono cartridges available was the GE. Still a great cartridge for 78s.

Sheffield Labs!
My Those Direct To Disk Live Sessions
Thelma Houston and the Pressure Cooker....
Wore that record out for sure!

Alex
Tower Of Power Direct was another good one.

May 12, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #151,553 of 152,776
Dave Grusin - Discovered Again.

May 12, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #151,554 of 152,776
No matter how well aligned the stylus - all pivot arms are wearing out grooves unevenly except at two discrete points. Sad, but true.
Thanks Debbie Downer. :tired_face:

May 12, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #151,555 of 152,776
And here I thought someone of your advanced age would value taking things a little slower every once in a while… 😈
Lol! And you would be correct until it comes to driving. Like it would even be possible for me to become more impatient, somehow I am. :smile::smile:

May 12, 2024 at 9:38 PM Post #151,556 of 152,776
Lol! And you would be correct until it comes to driving. Like it would even be possible for me to become more impatient, somehow I am. :smile::smile:
.... when my grandmum (92 at the time) was stopped on the Maine Turnpike for speeding, her retort to the trooper was: "Young man 🫵!, I always cruise my age!"

May 12, 2024 at 9:54 PM Post #151,557 of 152,776
.... when my grandmum (92 at the time) was stopped on the Maine Turnpike for speeding, her retort to the trooper was: "Young man 🫵!, I always cruise my age!"
Like your new "bio photo". Appreciate it!

May 12, 2024 at 10:28 PM Post #151,558 of 152,776
Tonight's Jazz recommendation...

JazzReco-20.jpg

May 12, 2024 at 11:07 PM Post #151,559 of 152,776
Best not to make assumptions on another's finances. 75 cents is pocket change for me. 🤣 🤣
Good thing. I hear Japanese cartridge repair comes rather dear…

May 12, 2024 at 11:11 PM Post #151,560 of 152,776
I’m getting off your lawn - now…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back