Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
Sep 6, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #16 of 4,960
Two questions for any Schiit personnel who may be reading. Is the two-tone black limited to when the case supplier has minor defects or is this a standard option for Bifrost 2? Also, is there the possibility of providing the discount from customers who bought a more expensive DAC than Bifrost? For instance, I bought a new Yggdrasil direct from Schiit a few years back. If not, that's understandable. It still seems like a reasonable value and will likely be my next purchase regardless.

I think this could satisfy my ideal balance between price, performance, and physical size. I think the black would look nice next to the black Gilmore Lite Mk. 2. Lately, I've been trying to maximize performance in the ~$500 price region. This could be it. Funny thing is that I've been inactive for awhile and this brought me back.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #17 of 4,960
Two questions for any Schiit personnel who may be reading. Is the two-tone black limited to when the case supplier has minor defects or is this a standard option for Bifrost 2? Also, is there the possibility of providing the discount from customers who bought a more expensive DAC than Bifrost? For instance, I bought a new Yggdrasil direct from Schiit a few years back. If not, that's understandable. It still seems like a reasonable value and will likely be my next purchase regardless.

I think this could satisfy my ideal balance between price, performance, and physical size. I think the black would look nice next to the black Gilmore Lite Mk. 2. Lately, I've been trying to maximize performance in the ~$500 price region. This could be it. Funny thing is that I've been inactive for awhile and this brought me back.
Not totally sure on the black case, but I did notice that their Sol turn table has a black color scheme and I am thinking they are going to start producing black components to match, but I am just guessing. . .

Sep 6, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #18 of 4,960
Not totally sure on the black case, but I did notice that their Sol turn table has a black color scheme and I am thinking they are going to start producing black components to match, but I am just guessing. . .

Currently they have introduced black as an option for the new Asgard and Bifrost and also the Mani (to go with Sol). In the Schiit Happened thread Jason said that black is selling well, about 1 unit in 3 is sold in black. If it continues like that I think that not only will the option for black continue but also be expanded.

Now if the buttons/volume knob could also be black, it would look really good...

Sep 6, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #20 of 4,960
Currently they have introduced black as an option for the new Asgard and Bifrost and also the Mani (to go with Sol). In the Schiit Happened thread Jason said that black is selling well, about 1 unit in 3 is sold in black. If it continues like that I think that not only will the option for black continue but also be expanded.

Now if the buttons/volume knob could also be black, it would look really good...
Hmm . . ., so I was right. Thanks for confirming. I actually love the contrasting matte silver knob.

Sep 6, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #21 of 4,960

Black is a standard option on both Asgard 3 and Bifrost 2. I suspect black will be a standard option for most products going forward.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Sep 7, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #24 of 4,960
So I kinda upgraded from a Modi 2 to a Bifrost 2, and now my Magni 2 looks really tiny. Heck, there's enough room on the Bifrost 2 for my old DAC and amp to hang out together! (So why not).
Bifrost1.jpgBifrost2.jpg
It's a really small detail, but I like that the Bifrost comes with pre-attached feet. I don't have to worry about doing a sloppy foot job again. Yeah... And the 'click' it emits when changing audio sources is really cute. And let's not forget that the Bifrost 2 even comes with a steel remote, which could come in handy for self defense!
Bifrost3.jpg

Guess I've gotta get a Jotunheim now, naturally. I've always wanted to hear a balanced audio setup. Schiit had better not be doing any funny business, like making a Jotunheim 2 with Autonomy and Unison.

Sep 8, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #25 of 4,960
So I kinda upgraded from a Modi 2 to a Bifrost 2, and now my Magni 2 looks really tiny. Heck, there's enough room on the Bifrost 2 for my old DAC and amp to hang out together! (So why not).

Guess I've gotta get a Jotunheim now, naturally. I've always wanted to hear a balanced audio setup. Schiit had better not be doing any funny business, like making a Jotunheim 2 with Autonomy and Unison.
Or maybe even the new Asgard 3, if you want something that's 99.9% as transparent, but not as 'analytical' sounding as the Jot.

I absolutely love mine! :heart_eyes:

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #26 of 4,960
...Funny thing is that I've been inactive for awhile and this brought me back...

Same here. I've been plenty happy with my OG Bifrost for a number of years. Granted I've upgraded it right and left over that time when upgrades were there to be had... but, Bifrost 2 seems like such a large leap forward that I'm selling old gear and hopping on board the train to the new and shiny soon.

Sep 9, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #28 of 4,960
Been looking for a DAC to replace my Modi Multibit for a while but a lot of the ones I like are too expensive (Audio Gen R7 R2R or Holo Level 3) at the moment. This being the newest tech out, can the Bifrost 2 rival these DACs?

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #29 of 4,960
Been looking for a DAC to replace my Modi Multibit for a while but a lot of the ones I like are too expensive (Audio Gen R7 R2R or Holo Level 3) at the moment. This being the newest tech out, can the Bifrost 2 rival these DACs?
It will compare better to Gungnir or Yggdrasil than those two you mentioned..

Sep 10, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #30 of 4,960
Black is a standard option on both Asgard 3 and Bifrost 2. I suspect black will be a standard option for most products going forward.

Hallelujah screwing Halleluja

Users who are viewing this thread

Back