Portable, Full Size, Closed, Neutral sound, for outdoor usage up to 70-80$
May 10, 2016 at 8:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

MasterDK

New Head-Fier
Hey there,

I'm looking for relatively cheap, around 80$, full size, closed headphones for general music listening mostly outdoor.
The source is my android phone and I'm not planning to buy portable dac/amp for now (due to budget issues) so I need headphones that can be driven by the phone.
I prefer neutral sounding headphones or maybe a little warm, but not too bass-y.
Should be comfortable for long usage (yes I know its personal preferences).
Not too heavy, but not cheap-y light.

I'm currently looking at AT M40x (since I can not afford the M50x), but other recommendations are welcome!

Thank you in advance!

May 10, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #3 of 9
Thank you!

However, they look pretty similar to the HyperX Cloud II, which I have, but use mainly for gaming and pc headphones. Are they actually the same?
Also they dont look really portable.

May 10, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #4 of 9
You may want to look at Sony MDR-7506. They are pretty flat EQ wise + they can be found in pretty much any studio in the world. If I remember correctly, they are around 80-90$. M40x are really good, but 7506s are better IMO (also flatter EQ response).

May 10, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #5 of 9
Hm. The Sony is not available in my country so importing it from Amazon will cost as much as the AT M50x. Also from the review I've seen, sony got ridiculously long cable and its not detachable. However the review stated that the sound quality is amazing, even compared to M50x.

Thank you for your reply! I would like to get some more input.

May 10, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #6 of 9
Your best option is probably M40x. I don't own them myself (I own M50x), but I have a friend who owns them (he loves them), so I've used them a couple of times. I prefer M50s myself, but I understand why some people prefer M40s to M50s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back