(POLL) V-moda m100 Shadow vs Matte Black
May 3, 2014 at 8:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Pedro Oliveira

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi guys.... XD

Stupid topic i know but i really need some help choosing....

Not only because they look amazing in each color (white is not exactly my thing) but also because there seems to be some differences in the paints and materials used for instance on the headband and therefore i am also trying to understand wich are the pros and cons of getting wich color.

What i know so ar is that the shadows headband is made of suede and the paint around the plates is glossy black.... from what i read it seems that suede is very resistant to tear but at the same time is very prone to dirt and stains....

Wich one would you guys choose?

Wich one do you guys think would be more durable? More resistant to scratches, wear and tear?

Please help me out here guys.... i love both but i can only order one..... :D

Cheers.....

May 3, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #2 of 7
Hi guys.... XD

Not only because they look amazing in each color (white is not exactly my thing) but also because there seems to be some differences in the paints and materials used for instance on the headband and therefore i am also trying to understand wich are the pros and cons of getting wich color.

What i know so ar is that the shadows headband is made of suede and the paint around the plates is glossy black.... from what i read it seems that suede is very resistant to tear but at the same time is very prone to dirt and stains....

Wich one do you guys think would be more durable? More resistant to scratches, wear and tear?

Cheers.....

I think it depends on what you're going to do with your shields. If you are going to stick with the stock black shields or add red ones, Shadow is the way to go. It adds a splash of color to break up the black monotone. If you are going to go with shields other than black or red, go with the Matte Black, as you won't have to worry about colors clashing with the red "V" on the end of the headband.

May 3, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #3 of 7
I think it depends on what you're going to do with your shields. If you are going to stick with the stock black shields or add red ones, Shadow is the way to go. It adds a splash of color to break up the black monotone. If you are going to go with shields other than black or red, go with the Matte Black, as you won't have to worry about colors clashing with the red "V" on the end of the headband.

For now i am going with the stock looks...

Anyone else? :)

In terms of wear and tear wich one do you guys think is more resistant?

May 4, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #5 of 7
  Hi guys.... XD

Cheers.....

From a design standpoint, I'd personally go shadow if given the choice.  Both look great, but the minute complexities in the shadow color scheme make it more interesting aesthetically, the red highlights, the texturing of both the faceplates and headband give the headphones something else aesthetically that the matted design doesn't have. 

Both will be durable IMO.  Suede does require more upkeep though...  but if you use the provided case and don't submerge them in water, I think you'll be fine :wink: 

I also do agree with camaker...  The shadow color scheme only really allows for plates that are black or red to really look good and composed properly (color-wise).  However, the matted and white designs allow for different color combinations that aren't black or red :p 

Take both of those into consideration I guess. 

May 4, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #6 of 7
From a design standpoint, I'd personally go shadow if given the choice.  Both look great, but the minute complexities in the shadow color scheme make it more interesting aesthetically, the red highlights, the texturing of both the faceplates and headband give the headphones something else aesthetically that the matted design doesn't have. 

Both will be durable IMO.  Suede does require more upkeep though...  but if you use the provided case and don't submerge them in water, I think you'll be fine :wink: 

I also do agree with camaker...  The shadow color scheme only really allows for plates that are black or red to really look good and composed properly (color-wise).  However, the matted and white designs allow for different color combinations that aren't black or red :p 

Take both of those into consideration I guess. 

Thank you very much for your reply m8.... :)

You think the suede headband will be more durable than the plaeather one?
Also the glossy black parts on the shadow will be as hard to scratch or damage as the matte black paint and plastic?

Sorry for being such a pain.... But i guess you guys already understood that i really love both nad that i am really having a hard time choosing one.... :-D

Apr 11, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #7 of 7
i Just bought M100 black,
i noticed at first time the shadow glossiness material, i'm afraid in long term used, it will scratched like other gloss plastic material.
i prefer black, the plastic part made from matte plastic that is not easily scratched and for the red accent shadows, i can use sharpie or other media to paint on it.
forgive my english, i'm working on this.

see you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back