[never mind]
Jan 9, 2017 at 2:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Music Alchemist

Pokémon trainer of headphones
I'll have a Mojo in a few days and am trying to figure out which headphones would give me the best (which for me means most accurate) sound with it.

Edit: Never mind. Bought an HD 800!

I recently got an AudioQuest NightHawk, but it's so inaccurate I will probably return it. (After testing it with the Mojo, of course.)

Other headphones around this price range that I have previously owned include the HE400i, HD 650, HD 700, and (my favorite) the STAX SR-207.

I could get another used STAX system, but I'd rather find something that can be driven directly from the Mojo and excels with energetic music just as much as softer material. (I am perfectly fine with buying used, though I'd prefer new.)

Sound quality is the only real factor. Remember, I want as much accuracy as possible in every category: frequency response, detail, transient speed, impact, imaging, low distortion, etc.

I could afford nearly any headphone now, but I want to keep the budget to $400 for the time being because I want to reinvest the money instead of blowing it.

If you have heard many headphones with the Mojo, your insights would be especially helpful.

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #5 of 6
Well I don't know, it's on the "wall of fame" for a reason. Check out a few reviews. I've seen nothing but positive things.

It's on the InnerFidelity wall of fame in the closed-back category. Most closed headphones can't even come close to the sound quality of open headphones. I want something as good as or better than the open ones I mentioned. I believe you told me you've never even heard those. Trust me, it gets a lot better in this same price range.

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #6 of 6
Well you definitely know more than me on that subject. Won't be able to try any of those for a while though, these will be my only headphones for a few years at the least until I can buy anaother pair without looking like I have a problem. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back