Music and Gaming heaphones equivalent or better than logitech
May 6, 2016 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Tega

New Head-Fier
Hello

I am not a audio expert but I have a quesion about headphones. I have grown tired of cheap gaming headsets or even expensive ones that break or act up with faulty drivers. I recently got a nice mic setup and am loving it however I want to get a good pair of headphones for music,gaming, and streaming. I walked into a best buy recently and listened to music with the Logitech Gaming G633 Artemis Spectrum gaming headset. I really enjoyed the audio quality but the reviews are mixed for various reasons. Bad build quality, drives, etc. So basically I am looking for a good pair of headphones that can push audio just as good at the G633 or much better. Also if you think some form of an amp is needed please tell me as well.

May 6, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #4 of 5
  First of all what kind of budget are we talking about?

As the Logitech Gaming G633 Artemis Spectrum gaming headset goes for $130, that might make a budget number, to at least start out with.

Tega
I'm guessing a Sound Blaster Z sound card (with mic option), used $60.
And a Takstar Pro 80 headphone or Gemini HSR-1000 headphone ($85), might make a good bargain combo.
HyperX Cloud headphones are considered really the same as the Pro 80/HSR-1000, but with a mic added on.

May 7, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #5 of 5

As the Logitech Gaming G633 Artemis Spectrum gaming headset goes for $130, that might make a budget number, to at least start out with.

Tega
I'm guessing a Sound Blaster Z sound card (with mic option), used $60.
And a Takstar Pro 80 headphone or Gemini HSR-1000 headphone ($85), might make a good bargain combo.
HyperX Cloud headphones are considered really the same as the Pro 80/HSR-1000, but with a mic added on.

I am really looking to use something with a DAC if necessary just because I just all my pci express ports for the work I use. A sound card is mostly out of the picture at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back