Meze EMPYREAN II
Feb 19, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #496 of 608
But doesnt matter. 😊 It should subjectivly sound better for you than the Elite. Then the Empy II is better for you, if not keep the Elite. That easy 😉
I liked the Elite tuning but it just didn't provide me with the level of detail I got from my other headphones and I thought the Empyrean 2 was an improvement in that department so I will look into the Abyss Diana MR.

Feb 19, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #500 of 608
I liked the Elite tuning but it just didn't provide me with the level of detail I got from my other headphones and I thought the Empyrean 2 was an improvement in that department so I will look into the Abyss Diana MR.
Were you able to try the Elite with the Angled Alcantara pads? To me, these pads allow the Elite's technical abilities to come through without any downsides. The Hybrid pads are fun, but I use the AA pads 100% of the time now.

Feb 21, 2024 at 2:22 AM Post #501 of 608
One more interesting against the Elite. The Empy II is stiffer and may have a bit more clamping force.

Elite:
20240221_074933.jpg

Empy II:
20240221_074758.jpg

Beautiful couple:

20240221_075243.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2024 at 2:28 AM Post #502 of 608
In one category the Empy II beats any other headphone I heard: Presentation of vocals! This makes me speechless.
The volume, depth, timbre, position, location and how its embedded into the other soundings/instruments is top notch! I'm not talking about vocal-details, its more about how vocals are harmonized with the whole ensemble.
How does this sound on Empy2?
The combination of all those treble details and that crazy bass , plus Juice's vocals are very forward. This is one of my reference songs for testing. Dank, sticky dope.
Nobody (ever) has as many sick unreleased songs as Juice.
rip, King

Feb 21, 2024 at 5:53 AM Post #504 of 608
One more interesting against the Elite. The Empy II is stiffer and may have a bit more clamping force.

Elite:
20240221_074933.jpg

Empy II:
20240221_074758.jpg

Beautiful couple:

20240221_075243.jpg
is it possible that the headband on your elite might loosened over time?

Feb 21, 2024 at 6:05 AM Post #505 of 608
is it possible that the headband on your elite might loosened over time?
No, not the headband. If something got lessened over time then the the carbon bow. BUT carbon keeps his stiffness over time. So can't tell if the elite is always looser then the Empy II, but in my case it is.

Did you already try the Empy II with the Elite leather pads?
Just changed them for you and have them on the head right now. It is looser for sure. Lets check the sound.

Feb 21, 2024 at 6:13 AM Post #506 of 608
No, not the headband. If something got lessened over time then the the carbon bow. BUT carbon keeps his stiffness over time. So can't tell if the elite is always looser then the Empy II, but in my case it is.

Just changed them for you and have them on the head right now. It is looser for sure. Lets check the sound.
i meant the whole headband assembly but it doesn't matter - it was just a thought

Feb 21, 2024 at 6:14 AM Post #507 of 608
How does this sound on Empy2?
The combination of all those treble details and that crazy bass , plus Juice's vocals are very forward. This is one of my reference songs for testing. Dank, sticky dope.
Nobody (ever) has as many sick unreleased songs as Juice.
rip, King

The vocals still awesome presented. The bass is kicking really nice, beside its not my taste of music. But overall clean representation. If you want to have the bass kicking you out of your socks, let me tell you, the Empy II doesn't, instead it let you grove :wink:

Feb 21, 2024 at 6:18 AM Post #508 of 608
i meant the whole headband assembly but it doesn't matter - it was just a thought
Sure. But the leather is not producing the clamping force and stickiness, its only the carbon bow. And carbon is stick as ****. I really think the Empy II is a bit more solid and provides more clamping force then the Elite. I wear the Empy II yesterday 6h straight away and I have big issues with comfort. My ears or my side of the face are hurting really fast. For example I couldn't were the D8KP more the 1 to 1,5h straight away. You fell the Empy, you are aware of that there is something on your head. But I also never forget the Elite. So for me both are on the same comfort level. The Elite is losser the Empy II thighter but I enjoy the new hybird pads a lot. These are awesome on both sides: Comfort/feeling on the skin, as well as sound.

Feb 21, 2024 at 6:20 AM Post #509 of 608
Did you already try the Empy II with the Elite leather pads?
Ok, I think the leather pads of Elite have more punch, but as well more blurring and less clarity. In the first 10 minutes I like the hybrids of the Empy II more then the leather Elite ones.
Comfort is on par. On the skin the hybrids are nice, but because of the smaller hole there not that much space for the ears. Its not annoying but less airy (not the sound).

Feb 21, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #510 of 608
How is the sound of the Empy II Duo (hybrid) pads on the Elite? Vs Elite hybrid pads and Angled Alcantara?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back