Luxury & Precision E7: Impressions and Discussions
May 10, 2024 at 7:50 AM Post #47 of 140
May 13, 2024 at 8:54 AM Post #49 of 140
Does the E7 have airplay? I can't find information about it.
No it does not. It is not an android device. It however has bluetooth streaming,

May 13, 2024 at 8:58 AM Post #50 of 140
Since I was trying it out with the LP6s and P6Pros, I thought I try out the USB DAC function using the Luxury & Precision WY1 cable. It allows charging from a battery pack while streaming from a device (including laptop). Quite useful cable. Happy with the USB DAC functionality as well. :)

There is a short write up about the WY1 cable for those who are interested: https://www.facebook.com/1000649013...747wk3c7778En1JKaqY5WySYN78JYhxg7wfDpiGQUul/?

IMG_4684.jpeg

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #52 of 140
It's very strange to miss out on such features in such an expensive device. Hiby has its own operating system, not android, but all the streaming features are there. I hope they add this in their future devices.
Hiby uses an adapted android system. But android nonetheless. :)

May 13, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #53 of 140
Collected my E7 from Jaben last Friday and have been enjoying it over the weekend!! Big thanks to Uncle Wilson for reserving a unit for me.

One word I use to describe LP player is ENGAGING and the E7 is no difference. I have owned several TOTL DAPs based on AKM chips SP2000 (SS, CU & Gold) and SP3000 (SS), M9 Plus, etc. and none of them engages me like how the E7 does.

The E7 deviates from traditional R2R players with a neutral signature BUT still retains the "sweetness" in it's presentation. Prior to this, I didn't think it was possible to put the 2 words, neutral and sweet together but this is exactly just what L&P has manage to accomplish. My head naturally moves to the music and I find myself tapping my feet. Some may scoff at the idea of L&P using an "old" AKM chip for the play but make no mistake, it sounds better to me than the other players I've tried or owned using the latest and greatest audio chips. L&P has outdone themselves this time round and even I am surprised that they managed to achieve this level of performance from the AKM4497. I suspect that they are very close to squeezing the last drop of performance from the chip but who knows! They may still have some surprises in store for us with new FW releases like what they have done for their R2R players.

I do my listening mainly on High Dynamic tuning and the standouts are the sense of space and how dynamic it sounds. Performance in the areas of separation, imaging, layering, positioning are superb and does not leave me wanting more. There is a good amount of space around each note and treble extends extremely well sounding sparkly but never harsh. Zero sibilance in the upper mids as well if anyone wishes to know. Bass goes low and sub bass is punchy.

However... If you like me are a mids b*tch, the P6P Ti still trumps the E7 is that aspect. The P6P Ti is not as accurate as the E7 but the mids are to die for. Going from the E7 to the P6P Ti, I immediately hear a noticeably congested presentation with less impressive technicalities. But once the voices appear, I immediately melt and gets transported to another world. I too get transported to another world when listening to the E7, but it's a different world.

There seems to be quite a bit of concerns on the battery life of the unit. To me personally, 4-6 hours is way more than what I listen to in a single session. A huge plus is that the player charges amazingly fast! I got a 10% increase in charge within 10-15mins. Hence, it should not take hours to fully charge the player unlike the LP6 which takes "forever" to charge :sleeping: ! UI is blazing fast with zero lag and BT steaming is seamless from my iPhone while sounding great. It has ALOT of power and I only need 1/3 on the volume knob with DSD files on high gain with my fitears Air2 and DC Ti.

In summary, I will say that if you love your classical music (esp. large scales performances), EDM and Rock, you owe yourself to have an audition of the E7 if you get a chance to. For me, I look forward to listening to each every night.... Its 10:30pm now so time to pamper my ears and mind. Cheers!!

May 13, 2024 at 11:27 AM Post #55 of 140
May 13, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #56 of 140
UI is blazing fast with zero lag and BT steaming is seamless from my iPhone while sounding great. I

I found the lag in the UI to be similar between the p6p ti and e7, which is pretty bad. Maybe both of my units are faulty, but I would not call it blazing fast with zero lag. There is a very noticeable delay while scrolling and good luck moving quickly through your list. Not a big deal for me, since I sort by genre and artist. But I would not feel comfortable ever telling someone that these DAPS are onpar with any modern day one.

May 13, 2024 at 7:10 PM Post #57 of 140
I found the lag in the UI to be similar between the p6p ti and e7, which is pretty bad. Maybe both of my units are faulty, but I would not call it blazing fast with zero lag. There is a very noticeable delay while scrolling and good luck moving quickly through your list. Not a big deal for me, since I sort by genre and artist. But I would not feel comfortable ever telling someone that these DAPS are onpar with any modern day one.

Well, I think UI is also to be viewed in the context of what one is used to. I am with @hshock76 in his observations that the UI is responsive and quick. It also depends on what we are doing. I have experienced the iterations of the firmware since the E7 was first released and have seen improvements over the period of couple of months when the E7 was released in mainland China and feedback was received from users as to what optimisations they wished to see. I think the current FW is the latest after a serious of refinements. Is it an Android DAP? It is not. However, the sound quality for a DS DAC based DAP is something to be listened to, to understand why it is attractive. It is organic yet transparent. :)

May 13, 2024 at 8:57 PM Post #58 of 140
that's very bad

May 13, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #59 of 140
that's very bad
All I will say is go and have a try for yourself.And listen without prejudice. :) @hshock76 does not seem to feel the same way. Neither do I. :) So, something for you to try for yourself, if it is meant for you. :)

May 13, 2024 at 9:27 PM Post #60 of 140
Having some early morning listening on the E7 with FitEar Titan/Eletech Sonnet of Adam, streaming off the M9+ connected via the LP WY1 cable and charging from portable battery at the same time.

A side note: I think the WY1 cable is built specially to charge using UBS C connector from a portable battery. Otherwise, normally, the E7 needs to be charged with a USB A to USB C cable.

@hshock76 has given his impressions of his preferred tuning, being HD. Which gives a big soundstage, great imaging, separation and layering among other things.

For myself, I prefer the Harmonic Tuning (HT) for the music I primarily listen to: vocals and ACG from China. Whilst the focus is not so much on the soundstage, etc, I find HT more intimate while being more nimble and keeping pace whether slower songs or quicker paced songs are being played. Of the 3 tunings offered on the E7, HT is probably closest to the ACG tuning on the P6Pro Ti and LP6 Platinum JP Edition. And will also remind owners of the P6Pro Obsidian (and P6) of the more vocal centric tuning.

The interesting thing is that whilst I find HD mids a bit more forward and may capture your attention immediately and its other characteristics like its dynamism grabs you by the collar, HT is more subtle and laid back. But it does suit vocals and ACG well. The emotions in the singer’s vocals insinuate into your mood and you are cocooned by the emotions of the vocals. It is very much akin to sitting in a garden and you hear the water flowing from the fountain and you enjoy being surrounded by the fragrance of the flowers, as you sip a glass of champagne or a cup of coffee. :)

IMG_4689.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back