looking for a qualty amp
Oct 10, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #2 of 9
Could you please explain your needs a bit further? Is this for home theatre or professional use? What is your budget? What speakers will you be using? Keep in mind that wattage isn't everything...

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #3 of 9
Oct 10, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #5 of 9
Audiogon is my top place when finding stereo amps. 

Oct 10, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #6 of 9
Audiogon is the best place to buy--the forum layout is a bit wonky. 

Oct 11, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #7 of 9
  Audiogon is the best place to buy--the forum layout is a bit wonky. 

Sure it is. But still, you can get some good advice there (if you don't pay much attention to the forum layout) 
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #8 of 9
Could you please explain your needs a bit further? Is this for home theatre or professional use? What is your budget? What speakers will you be using? Keep in mind that wattage isn't everything...
budget is 100 - 200+ speakers are 4 pyle home 200watt speakers and two sony speakers. use will be home theatre, pro use , and live recording. the amp in the link i posted is a round about of what im looking for.

Oct 11, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #9 of 9
I don't see how a $100 to $200 budget is going to achieve your goals, and I think you will have to compromise.

Good pro-amps generally are designed for 2 speakers (some can handle 4) and are typically more than your budget. Meanwhile, an AVR is a better choice for HT use, but budget AVRs (in your price range) are generally designed for surround sound usage not stereo sound put out into multiple speakers. Maybe you might find a budget AVR that will let you run two pairs of speakers in stereo. Not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back