Klipsch's NEW line of Reference X IEMs (X6i, XR8i, X12i, X20i)
Nov 13, 2015 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 167

Feilong4

Headphoneus Supremus
So I got an email from Klipsch yesterday showcasing their latest line of IEMs.

Disclaimer: I do not own the images used and are used for informational purposes, nor am I affiliated with Klipsch in any way.

For the original page click here.

------------------------------------

Klipsch X6i (179.00 USD)
"Built from our old pal and award-winning R6i in-ear headphones, the X6i boasts a die-cast zinc housing, high-clarity balanced armature and delivers deep, rich bass."

Klipsch XR8i Hybrid (279.00 USD)
"Like no other in-ear headphone on the market, the XR8i hybrid includes a high-performance tweeter and a dedicated micro-subwoofer to deliver the full potential of your movies and music."

Klipsch X12i (349.00 USD)
"Stunning clarity and comfort - the X12i in-ear headphones are one of the smallest, lightest headphones on the planet. They practically disappear after putting them in your ears. Crafted with a milled aluminum housing and audiophile armature for a personal listening experience like no other."

Klipsch X20i (549.00 USD)
"Absolutely no compromises were made when developing the X20i. True audiophile clarity, bass and detail pour out of these comfortable, durable and stylish headphones. Injection molded stainless steel housing, audiophile balanced armature, super high-frequency tweeter and interchangeable cables - these are the best in-ear headphones on the market, period. "

Any thoughts or speculations?

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #2 of 167
I've tried 2 of Klipsch's IEMs (S4 and R6). Very dark sound, I remember loving them when starting this audio hunt, but I also remember never looking back when I found a more expensive upgrade.

Cable quality, specifically the connecting jack, was very poor and failed me twice and was replaced with the R6 as the S4 were no longer in production at that time.

Loved the fit so I'm expecting awesome fitment, loved the tips.

My thoughts/speculations:

The cables look pretty amazing but no idea on how durable it is. I'm honestly not expecting too much as for cables but good thing the X20i has interchangeable cables (which hopefully means replaceable).

The price points puts it head to head with Shure's line of IEMs though I'm hoping when it goes on retail the price will settle a lot lower (lowest model is already at an asking price of 179 USD).

I'm hoping for a more balanced sound signature from the X20i and X12i as they are marketed as "Audiophile".

Nov 14, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #3 of 167
Klipsch's website has a 10% off deal. I snagged the x20i from a retailer for 25%off. They should be mailing out today or Monday. I loved the x10i's until they broke. Hopefully these will please as well, with less cable noise.

Nov 14, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #4 of 167
Klipsch's website has a 10% off deal. I snagged the x20i from a retailer for 25%off. They should be mailing out today or Monday. I loved the x10i's until they broke. Hopefully these will please as well, with less cable noise.

Wow nice! Be sure to tell what you think about them.

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #5 of 167
I got the x20i's today. Now, this is a "common man's" impression. I am by no means an audiophile, but more of an audio appreciator. My previous full time earphones had been the klipsch x10i. Based on all this and briefly listening to these off of spotify extreme, I must say that i'm very very impressed. The highs are clear and crisp, the bass has some umph and impact to it (more so that the recently released q-jays), and the build quality is high end all around. Everything from the wodden box, to the cables has been made with attention to detail. The isolation is great, and the fit is fantastic for my ears. I'm very happy with these so far...

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #6 of 167
I got the x20i's today. Now, this is a "common man's" impression. I am by no means an audiophile, but more of an audio appreciator. My previous full time earphones had been the klipsch x10i. Based on all this and briefly listening to these off of spotify extreme, I must say that i'm very very impressed. The highs are clear and crisp, the bass has some umph and impact to it (more so that the recently released q-jays), and the build quality is high end all around. Everything from the wodden box, to the cables has been made with attention to detail. The isolation is great, and the fit is fantastic for my ears. I'm very happy with these so far...

How's the cable noise?

Would you also say that the overall sound is balanced? I used to have the S4 and R6, and I thought they were too dark and dull for me (though at the time when I had the S4 I thought they were amazing).

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #7 of 167
They look beautiful. I wonder how well they stay in the ear, wouldn't the shape of the housings make it hard for them to stick?

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #8 of 167
How's the cable noise?

Would you also say that the overall sound is balanced? I used to have the S4 and R6, and I thought they were too dark and dull for me (though at the time when I had the S4 I thought they were amazing).

They sound pretty balanced to me. However, I don't have a good point of comparison. Maybe a little closer to the warmer side, but then again, the last iem's that I auditioned was the the q-jays, which were too bright IMO. There's some cable noise, but I haven't had a chance to test out how annoying it is while doing activities such as walking. At the level that I listened on my iphone, it wasn't disturbing. The high's on these is something else. Definetly see the benefit of add a super tweeter on top of the x12i's BA.

They look beautiful. I wonder how well they stay in the ear, wouldn't the shape of the housings make it hard for them to stick?

I use the double flanged tips and have no issues with fit. I've always used double flanged due to my ear size (even with the x10i). These are a heavier than the x10's (steel vs aluminum), but I don't think it's an issue. These are also absolutely gorgeous. The ios remote is much lighter than I expected, but that's good since it won't weigh the headphone down.

Nov 20, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #10 of 167
Hey,

Where did you get them for 25% off? Is the jack actually good, unlike the x11is? I dont want to have to go through 2 pairs of klipschs that had jacks that were made like some cheap Chinese $1 earbuds.

Nov 27, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #15 of 167
Hey BP,
Can you tell me do the x20i feel physically bigger in your ear than the x12i ?

Yes, of course.  I am going to try and do some intense testing tonight and I will let you know the difference (if any) between the two.

I like the simplified balance chart Klipsch supplied.

I like it.  Simple, but to the point:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back