Is the HD25-1 II a upgrade from the M50X?
Jun 2, 2014 at 7:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Doorbell

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for something with a little less recessed mids for Rock/Heavy Metal. I love my M50x and they serve their purpose but I want something a little more engaging when it comes to guitar oriented music. I already own Grado's, and they rule for the most part but I need something closed. I'm also considering the Shure SRH840.

I'm trying to stay within the $200 price range and would really, really, really appreciate the help. Thank you. 

Jun 2, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #3 of 3
One problem going from the M50 to the HD25 is the earpad style. M50's go around the ear, the HD25's are on-ears. If the problem is ambient noise as opposed to just keeping the sound from leaking out and bothering other people, then chances are the HD25 would be noticeably noisier than the M50.

It's been a long time since I got to put on an M50, but the Shure headphones are too small for my ears. They're just a little bit larger than the MDR-1R, and my earlobes touch the base of the earpads at the tightness setting that they don't move when I move my head, and these are on relatively new earpads. If the M50's are a little tight for you then the SRH's might be tight as well, if not tighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back