Help, Anyone know where I can get an Onkyo DP X1DAP repaired?
Apr 11, 2022 at 8:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

HAWKEYE7

100+ Head-Fier
I dropped my Onkyo DP X1 DAP and it stopped working. It did not hit hard. There is no sign of damage, not rattling, dent or scratch, but it will not power on or play. Does anyone know of a repair company or a person who repairs personal electronics? I would be extremely grateful for any suggestions.
Thanks!

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:50 AM Post #3 of 6
Based on your location, this place gets great ratings:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/ubreakifix-troy-troy?osq=tv+repair+shop

However, if you estimate is near or over $200, then just go ahead and get this:

https://www.amazon.com/HiBy-Pro-Hi-Fi-Lossless-Player/dp/B082FDV8W7/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3VK1ZXNELW1I4&keywords=hiby+r3+pro+saber&qid=1649734035&sprefix=hiby+r3,aps,238&sr=8-2&th=1

Let's hope that it's just the screen getting dislodged from the display socket. :wink:
Thank you very much for the suggestion. I had checked a couple of local phone "repair" places and they looked at me like I was crazy. I'll check this place out!

Apr 13, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #4 of 6
Thank you very much for the suggestion. I had checked a couple of local phone "repair" places and they looked at me like I was crazy. I'll check this place out!

Even if their technology structures are the same, many smart phone repair places will still look at DAPs like their alien space vehicles primarily because of their appearance. Just explain to them that you think that the screen connector is dislodged and that you just want them to look at the internals and run some Android tests, as your DAP is Android-based. Just do your best to explain your DAP like it is a smart phone.

Apr 13, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #5 of 6
Be careful with ubreakifix.

Maybe your local branch is better than mine, but when I had them fix a cracked screen on my Samsung phone, they damaged the motherboard and refused to fix it without charging me "a lot" (their words).

They should be called ubreakibreakworse.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #6 of 6
Even if their technology structures are the same, many smart phone repair places will still look at DAPs like their alien space vehicles primarily because of their appearance. Just explain to them that you think that the screen connector is dislodged and that you just want them to look at the internals and run some Android tests, as your DAP is Android-based. Just do your best to explain your DAP like it is a smart phone.
I appreciate your advice. I'm hoping to find a shop that is experienced with repair of audio devices. I'm going to go by ubreakifix this weekend and talk with them. If I don't get the warm and fuzzies from them regarding their ability and experience I'm just going to say thank but no thanks. There has to be someplace that is expert at working on audio devices somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back