Have you seen these Amps?
Aug 3, 2016 at 3:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

HAWKEYE7

100+ Head-Fier
I just recently picked up these two amps second hand and would like to know if anyone can help me identify them.
One has no makings what so ever and the other has transformer with a tag that reads Allied Electronics 6K49VG. I just got these amps today and have not had a chance to even try them out. I am also new to electronics and I am not knowledgeable enough to know the first steps to begin identifying these and their capabilities. That will change as I research this, but any help or sugesstions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance to any information anyone can offer.

Aug 7, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #2 of 3
I did find the phrase "Audio Sound Lab" printed on the exposed circuit board on the amp with the double transformers. I have not been able to learn much from that phrase. That amp has banana plug inputs on the front of it and a single RCA connection, which I think is the output. As I do not have any cables with banana plug ends I have not been able to try that amp out yet. The other amp is amazing. I picked both amps up for under $300.00 USD total and even if I could not ever use the second amp I would be very happy with the price I paid for the other amp. I makes my HD650's sound amazing, better the either the Valhall2 or the Lyr 2 amps I tried out and was planning on purchasing.

I would still like to find out more about both of these. If anyone can offer some assistance I would greatly appreciate it.

Aug 10, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #3 of 3

Well, I have not been able to find anything online about this amp. The prior owner had a collection of amps. I got two of them. One is great and a big sound improvement over my previous set up. It is not as nice as this one, but I have yet to get this one working. It powers up but the connections are taxing me. The output is Banana plugs and there seems to be two inputs, one an RCA and the other a banana plug. I think this amp was a British kit amp but that is just speculation.
I found a double banana plug to ¼” male cable on line and with various adaptors I was able to get my least expensive music player, a Zune HD 32 gig to use as a source. I did get very faint sound from one side of a pair of expendable AKG headphones. It was very faint and I had the Zune volume at its’ maximum output. There is no volume control on the amp and none of the components or switches are labeled.
I have a basic understanding of electric wiring, which consists of house wiring, computer and game console set up and basic electronics from high school. That was more than a few years ago. I have been reading on electronics, amps and how to build them to try to figure out how to get this working.
Once again, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back