Feliks Audio ENVY
May 10, 2024 at 5:38 AM Post #6,887 of 7,041
Please tell us how it sounds?? Any hum issues either external or with quiet passages. Is the background black? Sound stage?? With Susvara??
Yes, bring it on!
eating-popcorn-gif-3.gif

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 7:53 AM Post #6,888 of 7,041
Please tell us how it sounds?? Any hum issues either external or with quiet passages. Is the background black? Sound stage?? With Susvara??
It sounds very spacious. Pretty warm and lush. I mostly used my Tungsten DS. I sadly sold my Susvara last week so can't test it with it. Didn't hear any humming or noise when playing music. Didn't when not but I also had it essentially muted before I would play music. I will copy and paste what I said in a telegram chat I am in.

"Okay so it sounds good for sure. The bass is present, In Angel by Massive attack the subbass was for sure present in a way that some other amps I have tried isn't.

I just played Dreams by fleetwood mac and the bass beat on it sounds deep. Stevie Nicks vocals are very nicely present.

On Audioslaves Show me how to live the drums sounded a bit unclear. Not sure if it is the recording or not as I just listened to it because I like the song. I don't use it as a test track or anything.

Tung sounds nice and wide. Which is what 300bs are known for. Wide soundstage and lush mids.

This may be because the amp I have been using is the 465 but it clearly isn't as clear as I have heard the Tung. Also amp has some grainyness to some sounds sometimes. Which isn't helping. I would imagine for sure gets better there with burn in and time."

May 10, 2024 at 8:24 AM Post #6,889 of 7,041
465 but it clearly isn't as clear
Wow! Is $17K not enough to get clean sound from an amp?

I see your system has A90D. Are you actually using it?

May 10, 2024 at 8:38 AM Post #6,890 of 7,041
Wow! Is $17K not enough to get clean sound from an amp?

I see your system has A90D. Are you actually using it?
It isn't like it isn't clean (though a bit grainy so far). It isn't as clean as SS which makes sense as it is a tube amp. Also 465 has incredible instrument seperation and clarity. So compared to that amp it isn't as much. Elrogs tend to be a bit grainy until they are broken in.

I have the A90d but don't use it. Keep meaning to sell it but just haven't. It also works as a decent enough backup amp that also works for iems

May 10, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #6,891 of 7,041
It isn't like it isn't clean (though a bit grainy so far). It isn't as clean as SS which makes sense as it is a tube amp. Also 465 has incredible instrument seperation and clarity. So compared to that amp it isn't as much. Elrogs tend to be a bit grainy until they are broken in.

I have the A90d but don't use it. Keep meaning to sell it but just haven't. It also works as a decent enough backup amp that also works for iems
Incredible array of amps you have! Which DAC are you using for reference?

May 10, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #6,892 of 7,041
Incredible array of amps you have! Which DAC are you using for reference?
These days have been using the wavedream Signature Balanced. The Envy is being used of its rca single ended output.

May 10, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #6,893 of 7,041
These days have been using the wavedream Signature Balanced. The Envy is being used of its rca single ended output.
Have you tried using the balanced out? I like Envy more on the balanced out of the Waveligt. Might be a loudness matching issue, but I did not bother to check it too many times. XLR and that's it.

May 10, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #6,894 of 7,041
Have you tried using the balanced out? I like Envy more on the balanced out of the Waveligt. Might be a loudness matching issue, but I did not bother to check it too many times. XLR and that's it.
Don't currently have an xlr cable long enough to get from where the dac is to the Envy. Will grab one and try that.

Been using it with the HD800s and Empy 2 and it is a really nice pairing for both HP.

May 10, 2024 at 11:19 PM Post #6,895 of 7,041
The tube glow is very nice. I was meant to go out of town today but delayed until tomorrow for now. Honestly though Tungsten sounds so lovely on this amp that I am not using too much else. Did try for a bit with the Atrium Closed today. It helped bring the midrange of that HP. Was fun for the bit of electronic I listened to on it. But I went back to Tungsten of course.

IMG_9410.jpeg

May 11, 2024 at 5:48 AM Post #6,896 of 7,041
^Tube reflection from the surface of the amp are looking so nice

May 11, 2024 at 7:36 AM Post #6,897 of 7,041
At HE Munich.
The Batman's Envy with the new Raal Immanis sound quite amazing. I came to try the Envy with Susvaras, but the Raal left the bar pretty high

20240511_120558.jpg

May 11, 2024 at 8:31 AM Post #6,898 of 7,041
On the Envy AE, how would you compare the Susvara to Immanis?? Is the sound stage significantly more 3D (high/tall/wide) and pinpoint placement of voices and instruments as exacting as Susvara? What about bass and sub bass??

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 8:38 AM Post #6,899 of 7,041
It sounds very spacious. Pretty warm and lush. I mostly used my Tungsten DS. I sadly sold my Susvara last week so can't test it with it. Didn't hear any humming or noise when playing music. Didn't when not but I also had it essentially muted before I would play music. I will copy and paste what I said in a telegram chat I am in.

"Okay so it sounds good for sure. The bass is present, In Angel by Massive attack the subbass was for sure present in a way that some other amps I have tried isn't.

I just played Dreams by fleetwood mac and the bass beat on it sounds deep. Stevie Nicks vocals are very nicely present.

On Audioslaves Show me how to live the drums sounded a bit unclear. Not sure if it is the recording or not as I just listened to it because I like the song. I don't use it as a test track or anything.

Tung sounds nice and wide. Which is what 300bs are known for. Wide soundstage and lush mids.

This may be because the amp I have been using is the 465 but it clearly isn't as clear as I have heard the Tung. Also amp has some grainyness to some sounds sometimes. Which isn't helping. I would imagine for sure gets better there with burn in and time."
All 3 Audioslave albums are quite poor tbh so defo the recording!

100% wait until you've got a good few hours on it before comparisons but enjoy the ride getting there!

May 11, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #6,900 of 7,041
All 3 Audioslave albums are quite poor tbh so defo the recording!

100% wait until you've got a good few hours on it before comparisons but enjoy the ride getting there!
Not a fan of using that Fleetwood Mac album for critical listening personally. It's so well recorded and produced, even mediocre headphones and amps sound good.

Also AE Envy is the most beautiful amp I've ever seen. That picture above is *drools*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back