Europe Deals Thread
Dec 24, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #16 of 2,497
Yup, it's very annoying living in EU and missing all those stealing deals that US buyers have. Mostly US$ are just converted to € or even worse, they multiply price with at least x1.5 factor.

Dec 24, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #17 of 2,497
One nice example:

RS-1
US: 695 $  / 530 € 
Netherlands: 1099 $  / 839 € 

I can understand differences, there are a couple of factors that justify that in this case. But this difference should be called stealing. I guess if you see this, you know why Grado doesn't want US sellers to ship their headphones overseas. This really pisses me off. Only problem is, I just love their sound, looks, I love Grado, but it's just plain awful what is done here.

angry_face.gif

Dec 24, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #18 of 2,497

Quote:

Jays q-JAYS Dual Micro Armatures Sound Isolating Earphones - Maroon Red 69.99GBP Delivered, thats a great deal!

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/In-ear-Headphones/Jays/Jays-q-JAYS-Dual-Micro-Armatures-Sound-Isolating-Earphones---Maroon-Red

I don´t need them, but at this price I´ll go for it:D Will be a nice backup IEM. Might be good for gym use too (very light)

Dec 26, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #19 of 2,497
well as a general rule I always check prices on idealo.de/idealo.co.uk as well as testfreaks.co.uk 

second, try to avoid pixmania. it is very tempting to go for their deals but I have read far too many negative reviews on their services to wage the risk.

will post later with deals if I come across anything worthwhile!

Dec 26, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #20 of 2,497
Post by accident. Anyway. I have the feeling that pixmania is better to be avoided too. its hard to find a proper email address to contact them. but it seems i cant find the headphones i want anywhere else. What have you heard about them?

Dec 26, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #21 of 2,497
Dec 27, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #22 of 2,497

Quote:
Post by accident. Anyway. I have the feeling that pixmania is better to be avoided too. its hard to find a proper email address to contact them. but it seems i cant find the headphones i want anywhere else. What have you heard about them?

[size=medium]
I know it is tempting, trust me, they were selling the Koss UR55 for half the price and I toyed with the idea for a long time. What made me realize it was foolish to buy there was the overwhelming negative reviews it got from various price comparison and other such websites. One of them, tweakers.net, is a website I trust with such matters and they basically thrashed the pixmania service. Apparently they list stock on items which they clearly do not have, at times people were waiting for weeks and their after sale service was not helpful at all. I must stress this is not from experience but I do trust the reviewers on this particular site. Hope this helps!
[/size]

Dec 29, 2010 at 11:04 AM Post #25 of 2,497
I've been shopping in pixmania for a few years now. I did never have a problem. Got my SE530 on Monday and everything is working properly. The only qualm one might have is that the return service is slow (3 or 4 weeks till they fund you back). Otherwise there's nothing to fear.

Dec 29, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #26 of 2,497

Quote:
I've been shopping in pixmania for a few years now. I did never have a problem. Got my SE530 on Monday and everything is working properly. The only qualm one might have is that the return service is slow (3 or 4 weeks till they fund you back). Otherwise there's nothing to fear.

I dont think its a good idea to buy a pair of iems which cost 500 euros from a company that doesnt offer warranty for cable failure and told by email and telephone that no manufacturer offers cable warranty so they dont either.
I think ill go and buy a 17 euro headphones, but more than that is risky IMO.

Dec 29, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #27 of 2,497
You can't even get Westone in Europe (at least I haven't found a seller). 90% of the better headphones and earphones are all Sennheiser or AKG (ok, less than that)! Other brands like Grado, UE, Shure etc. are rare and most of them sells at MRSP or higher.
but things seems to get better here where I live, since more brands seems to come in.

Dec 29, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #30 of 2,497

Quote:
Hello fellow Head-fiers! As I´m sure many EU people have noticed, the main deals thread isn´t that useful for us as we have to scan out the deals actually willing to ship over here. And unfortunately we´re often left in the dark (hi Amazon.com!). So due to popular demand, I present the EU deals thread. No horrible shipping costs, no customs!

I´ll start:

1. Shure 530PTH: 239 euros @ Pixmania.com. Good time to get one as the new (almost identical sound) 535 has just been released with a nice 499 price tag.
  2. Jays Q-Jays: 118 euros @ Play.com. If you are in the UK, you can get them even cheaper from the same site (at around 70 pounds!).

The deals hunt is on!

my wallet would probably thank you if you didnt tell me, but where is the "main deals" thread? thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back