Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 11, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #21,601 of 40,662
Same goes for me. In my case, my high frequency hearing is very sensitive, and the Valks were uncomfortably bright. Not sibilant or otherwise crappy... just too much energy in those frequencies. But, today my Thor Silver II showed up, and my custom LX's sound spectacular. I'm basically done here.
I was actually looking at TS II cable too. I just have a bad feeling about those ear guides of on Effect Audio. Will see when i receive it.
How is it sound wise on LX? and how is portability? Thinner than Ares or Eros?

Jun 11, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #21,602 of 40,662
I was actually looking at TS II cable too. I just have a bad feeling about those ear guides of on Effect Audio. Will see when i receive it.

It's the same size as the stock cable. Sound wise, it tightens up the bass such that I don't get as much of that achy fatigue from having so much air pressure pounding on my eardrums, and I can listen at higher volumes. It lets the high end shine better.

Jun 11, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #21,603 of 40,662
As for the ear guides, just be mindful not to twist it too much when rolling your wonderful IEMs up for storage.

The right ear guide on my ares ii didn't even sit on my ear anymore - its default position was to hang out beside my ear. It wasn't very comfortable so I had to twist it back every time I used it.

I'm doing this method for my EA Origin cable and the ear guides are still very much in shape!

Jun 12, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #21,604 of 40,662
As for the ear guides, just be mindful not to twist it too much when rolling your wonderful IEMs up for storage.

The right ear guide on my ares ii didn't even sit on my ear anymore - its default position was to hang out beside my ear. It wasn't very comfortable so I had to twist it back every time I used it.

I'm doing this method for my EA Origin cable and the ear guides are still very much in shape!
I might be just unnecessarily worried. But some time ago when i bought wm1a dap seller gave his Eros 2 cable away with it. And i had to get different cable because the guides were so stiff it used to pull iems from my ears when moving.
Though that cable seemed to be quite old, so it could be it just stiffened up over time. And new one can be different experience.
Otherwise Effect Audio build quality is superb. And i did not have any other complaints about it

Jun 12, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #21,605 of 40,662
When you are stuck in in the office for evening shift due to covid-19 and this turns up;
IMG-fbcc2869b0f119396ac75e679cf688be-V.jpg

My productivity is now at about 15% :rolling_eyes:

Jun 12, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #21,606 of 40,662
Jun 12, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #21,607 of 40,662
Right so finally got my hand on a package.

Funny thing is how my wife was impressed by box and how everything is presented inside.

First thing i will tell. I take all words back about cable and ear hooks. Cable is so thin and flexible compare to one i have. I must have had some sort of older version of Eros cable?
20200613_004809.jpg
Any thoughts?

Oh and EE splitter is just plain awesome!

As for sound. It needs to burn in obviously
But I am really surprised some say they are dark. I must be extremely sensitive to treble. They have plenty of sparkle for me.
Another thing i have noticed that soundstage width seems slightly smaller then depth which i have never hear before. imaging is superb as expected.

Final E tips defiantely make are definately not what i would use with LX as they make them sound a bit congested.

Tips I went through are;
E-pro Horn Shapes
Spiral dots
Spinfits
Whirlwinds
Sednas

And so far i think E-pro and Spinfits are what i liked best. They open up soundstage and keep the sparkle in line with bass.

I dont think i need to write about how extremely well they sound. As you all went through it probably 1k pages ago:beyersmile:But they are trully remarkable iems.

I was always was a bit of basshead but this subbass rumble is just something unbelievable. Its the first time i can feel my eardrums ripple. But it surprisiny works with together well with everything else. Though i would stay from certain tips to keep it that way.

Now there is only one question left. What cable to add to complement Ares.

Jun 12, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #21,608 of 40,662
But I am really surprised some say they are dark. I must be extremely sensitive to treble. They have plenty of sparkle for me.
Another thing i have noticed that soundstage width seems slightly smaller then depth which i have never hear before. imaging is superb as expected.

Congrats, must be a great feeling to listen to it and liking the sound contrary to people stating it is tad too dark. Reminds us sound signature is such a personal thing. You got a fun weekend ahead :)

Jun 12, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #21,609 of 40,662
Congrats, must be a great feeling to listen to it and liking the sound contrary to people stating it is tad too dark. Reminds us sound signature is such a personal thing. You got a fun weekend ahead :)
Well LX is definately a specific beast. But i like it so far. Very engaging.
It is something you will not find a match for on market i think.

Jun 13, 2020 at 1:00 AM Post #21,610 of 40,662
Right so finally got my hand on a package.

Funny thing is how my wife was impressed by box and how everything is presented inside.

First thing i will tell. I take all words back about cable and ear hooks. Cable is so thin and flexible compare to one i have. I must have had some sort of older version of Eros cable?

Any thoughts?

Oh and EE splitter is just plain awesome!

Final E tips defiantely make are definately not what i would use with LX as they make them sound a bit congested.

Tips I went through are;
E-pro Horn Shapes
Spiral dots
Spinfits
Whirlwinds
Sednas

And so far i think E-pro and Spinfits are what i liked best. They open up soundstage and keep the sparkle in line with bass.

I dont think i need to write about how extremely well they sound. As you all went through it probably 1k pages ago:beyersmile:But they are trully remarkable iems.

I was always was a bit of basshead but this subbass rumble is just something unbelievable. Its the first time i can feel my eardrums ripple. But it surprisiny works with together well with everything else. Though i would stay from certain tips to keep it that way.

Now there is only one question left. What cable to add to complement Ares.
Looks lik3 you Eros II is the "+" version with thicker gage.

Congrats!

Jun 13, 2020 at 1:23 AM Post #21,611 of 40,662
Well LX is definately a specific beast. But i like it so far. Very engaging.
It is something you will not find a match for on market i think.
I can't wait till I eventually upgrade to the Legend X. I have the Bravado's right now. They are incredible. I read they're like the baby Legend's haha. But I can't even imagine how amazing the LX must sound!

Jun 13, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #21,612 of 40,662
Hey guys, any of you had the issue of your ears slightly outgrowing your CIEMs?

I bought my Spartan IVs quite a few years back. I still love them till this day but I am finding that my right earpiece is pretty tight. Hopefully my ears haven't been swelling throughout the years...

I was wondering if there is anyway to rectify this (ideally from EE directly) to make the fit more comfortable. The left ear is fine, its just the right ear that has developed some pressure the past few years.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 7:03 AM Post #21,613 of 40,662
Hey guys, any of you had the issue of your ears slightly outgrowing your CIEMs?

I bought my Spartan IVs quite a few years back. I still love them till this day but I am finding that my right earpiece is pretty tight. Hopefully my ears haven't been swelling throughout the years...

I was wondering if there is anyway to rectify this (ideally from EE directly) to make the fit more comfortable. The left ear is fine, its just the right ear that has developed some pressure the past few years.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Maybe earwax? Lost any weight recently? Most obvious would be to get a new set of impressions done (when safe and possible to do so). Or just give the ears a rest and let them settle down. I give my ears a breather over the weekend and let them settle down a bit.

Turns out the issues I was having with ciems was down to the original audiologist. Found a second one in my area and the results were a lot better. Been more than tempted to go back and get a set done for some bravados, sadly illness (nothing major, just the usual coughs, colds and hayfever) and now lockdown has pretty much put paid to that for now. Last time I was able to get over there was about a year ago!

Jun 13, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #21,615 of 40,662

Users who are viewing this thread

Back