Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Jun 6, 2024 at 9:24 AM Post #5,701 of 5,710
Excited as DHL dropped off late this afternoon, some new Eletech cables I have acquired!!!
Pardon the crappy photos but excited to try these out!

The unboxing experience almost rivals that of the Parnassus series with plexiglass silk screened inserts and imagery, right down to the magnetic closure on the boxes.
The cases (colors, build, feel) are right there with the best Eric has given us from Eletech.

Both cables have the Eletech attention to detail we have all come to expect from Eric and Team.
Love that the slider first available on Sonnet of Adam is on both of these cables. Nice detail on the splitter below the slider, again something we expect from the Parnassus series, but great to see it on the School of Athens Series cables.
For being a heavier gauge and coaxial (triple coaxial) in build, these cables are much more supple than other coaxial cables I own like Plussound's "+" series of cables (which I do enjoy and use but are much stiffer).

It will be great if these can challenge Ode To Laura (OTL) and Sonnet of Adam (SoA) as my daily driver cables, but won't be able to tell as they will need burn in. (I'm really not thinking it will but hey I can be surprised!)
Out of the box, not the same experience I had with OTL and SoA which were excellent and became great time on them.
But I did not expect these to be the same experience as OTL/SoA out of the box, with the new internal construction as I've found the coaxial type cables do require burn in, sometimes long burn in's.
But the Euclid and Aristotle sound good out of the box, but hoping they too will be great cables with some time on them.
But so far the initial listen they show signs of being good with nice stage, and show lots of promise.
The Euclid has a very strong bass presence and clear highs. Almost boarding on sibilant, but I expect that to dial itself back and smooth out with burn in as been my experience with most silver cables.
The Aristotle first impression is a very nice warm and a little more laid back than the Euclid, but still with nice stage. I too look forward to giving these a critical listen once the burn in completes.
More comments once I get time on the cables Shooting for 75 to 96 hours before I listen to them again
(yes I know burn in is a religious war here on Head-Fi, but I believe in it, especially with cables from Eletech like the Purgatorio and SoA, and apologies for mentioning it so much)

No negatives vs other cables I've tried straight out of the box which is a good sign, but will wait to give more detailed impressions, but my first thought is these 2 cables punch well above their positioning/price vs. other more costly cables I have, right out of the box.

These 2 cables have the Versa system, and it is really nice addition to Eletech's cable line, and was much easier to use than any other systems I've tried.

And as I always like to emphasize all the above is IMO and YMMV

Thank You Eric and Eletech for again spoiling us with 2 great offerings!
I also see Eric teased out info on things to come a few posts back, and look forward to hearing about the next release(s)....

Happy 5th Anniversary to you Eric and the Eletech team with this launch, and looking forward to maybe pairing these with the Romeo IEM prototypes at a CanJam soon!
They look amazing and if they sound to my ears as you and @Tanalasta are saying, they will be hard to beat. :)

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #5,702 of 5,710
Jun 6, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #5,703 of 5,710
Excited as DHL dropped off late this afternoon, some new Eletech cables I have acquired!!!
Pardon the crappy photos but excited to try these out!

IMG_9285.jpg

The unboxing experience almost rivals that of the Parnassus series with plexiglass silk screened inserts and imagery, right down to the magnetic closure on the boxes.
The cases (colors, build, feel) are right there with the best Eric has given us from Eletech.

IMG_9287.JPG IMG_9290.JPG IMG_9292.JPG

IMG_9295.JPG IMG_9296.JPG IMG_9298.JPG

Both cables have the Eletech attention to detail we have all come to expect from Eric and Team.
Love that the slider first available on Sonnet of Adam is on both of these cables. Nice detail on the splitter below the slider, again something we expect from the Parnassus series, but great to see it on the School of Athens Series cables.
For being a heavier gauge and coaxial (triple coaxial) in build, these cables are much more supple than other coaxial cables I own like Plussound's "+" series of cables (which I do enjoy and use but are much stiffer).

It will be great if these can challenge Ode To Laura (OTL) and Sonnet of Adam (SoA) as my daily driver cables, but won't be able to tell as they will need burn in. (I'm really not thinking it will but hey I can be surprised!)
Out of the box, not the same experience I had with OTL and SoA which were excellent and became great time on them.
But I did not expect these to be the same experience as OTL/SoA out of the box, with the new internal construction as I've found the coaxial type cables do require burn in, sometimes long burn in's.
But the Euclid and Aristotle sound good out of the box, but hoping they too will be great cables with some time on them.
But so far the initial listen they show signs of being good with nice stage, and show lots of promise.
The Euclid has a very strong bass presence and clear highs. Almost boarding on sibilant, but I expect that to dial itself back and smooth out with burn in as been my experience with most silver cables.
The Aristotle first impression is a very nice warm and a little more laid back than the Euclid, but still with nice stage. I too look forward to giving these a critical listen once the burn in completes.
More comments once I get time on the cables Shooting for 75 to 96 hours before I listen to them again
(yes I know burn in is a religious war here on Head-Fi, but I believe in it, especially with cables from Eletech like the Purgatorio and SoA, and apologies for mentioning it so much)

No negatives vs other cables I've tried straight out of the box which is a good sign, but will wait to give more detailed impressions, but my first thought is these 2 cables punch well above their positioning/price vs. other more costly cables I have, right out of the box.

These 2 cables have the Versa system, and it is really nice addition to Eletech's cable line, and was much easier to use than any other systems I've tried.

And as I always like to emphasize all the above is IMO and YMMV

Thank You Eric and Eletech for again spoiling us with 2 great offerings!
I also see Eric teased out info on things to come a few posts back, and look forward to hearing about the next release(s)....

Happy 5th Anniversary to you Eric and the Eletech team with this launch, and looking forward to maybe pairing these with the Romeo IEM prototypes at a CanJam soon!
we are waiting for your detailed sound description of the 2 cables, if they are burned in. :)

Jun 6, 2024 at 3:32 PM Post #5,704 of 5,710
Early impressions - I dig the Euclid with my Xe6 and the Aristotle is great with the Raven :) Love the hardware and craftsmanship, the cases are lovely and please don't make me pick as both colours are dope. Ergonomics are great but I didn't have a long enough session to be sure, definitely better than the CODEs. Great release overall!

Jun 6, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #5,705 of 5,710
Early impressions - I dig the Euclid with my Xe6 and the Aristotle is great with the Raven :) Love the hardware and craftsmanship, the cases are lovely and please don't make me pick as both colours are dope. Ergonomics are great but I didn't have a long enough session to be sure, definitely better than the CODEs. Great release overall!
could you please describe in detail what the sound of the xe6 with the Euclid and Aristotle cable is like in terms of tone and technical performance? and how does the stock cable of the xe6 compare to them?

Jun 6, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #5,706 of 5,710
Last edited:
Jun 6, 2024 at 4:45 PM Post #5,707 of 5,710
How could this have happened, that Euclid's thread was "trolled all the way" and there wasn't actually a normal comment or someone shouting at the cables?

I'm about to buy a cable, I'm planning to spend a lot of money and that's not exactly the best news for me.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/pre...techs-new-gen-school-of-athens-series.972663/

Some people believe in the changes cables can make, some people do not. That thread got littered by people who do not believe cables make any difference. If you are concerned about those comments or posts then you should save your money or buy it and let your own ears decide if they make a difference or not.

Jun 6, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #5,708 of 5,710
Some people believe in the changes cables can make, some people do not. That thread got littered by people who do not believe cables make any difference. If you are concerned about those comments or posts then you should save your money or buy it and let your own ears decide if they make a difference or not.
However, it's not that simple in my opinion. If someone spends $1,000 - $2,000 or $3,000 on a cable and then either hears something or not, it's very rude. This thing should be totally clear. You spend a lot of money on something and expect everything to be better because that's why you spent it.

Jun 6, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #5,709 of 5,710
However, it's not that simple in my opinion. If someone spends $1,000 - $2,000 or $3,000 on a cable and then either hears something or not, it's very rude. This thing should be totally clear. You spend a lot of money on something and expect everything to be better because that's why you spent it.
you see, that's the mistake right there: "expect everything to be better".
It depends on several factors...synergy with your gear (the whole chain), your taste and music preference, how you like things to sound...
Cables are not guarantee to work for your setup and preferences. that is why a lot of us went through a lot of them (and still do), before finding one to mate indefinitely with a specific IEM.
I hate to be the nearer of bad news, but cable rolling is a journey, just like everything else in this hobby.
There isn't a "one and done" cable...I recently purchased another TOTL cable which while it works well with one pair of IEM, I am not so sure it's the right choice for me... so I might sell it and try something else.

Jun 6, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #5,710 of 5,710
we are waiting for your detailed sound description of the 2 cables, if they are burned in. :)

I think he said he wanted to burn it in for three to four days, so it might take a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back