colorfly c3 vs fiio x1
Nov 14, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #6 of 10
One of the most important factors between labeling these players sounding better than another is synergy between your DAP, IEM or headphone. I can pair Fidue A83 hybrid with X1 it sounds great but because A83 can use a slightly brighter tilt and I appreciate some more air in the presentation they pair better with C3, not only that they just do overall from a synergy stand point. Same situation between T-Peos H-300 and X1 which can use a warmer source and calm their highs. What you'll find is if you get the synergy correct both these players are close equal for different reasons.

If you want to read some more I did a little write up between C3 / X1.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/735457/fiio-x1-vs-colorfly-c3#post_10970670

What you need to ask yourself when choosing one is what's more important to you. is the UI of X1 a must have, something that's going to make your experience more enjoyable, for example on the go X1 is much easier to use. Or are you someone who likes to venture far away from mainstream (or border mainstream) as possible and be different. Then C3 might be the better option. But in the end it's a matter of pairing up the synergy like above.

End of the day having both here they're assigned different headphones / iem and stay that way.

For example, what headphone or IEM do you want to use with C3 or X1? That is the first step.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back