Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 27, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #18,391 of 19,034
Hi. I’m new to the Mojo2 world and enjoying it. I have a Poly on the way and after reading some of the posts here I’m a bit worried about setting it up. I’m never sure if issues are still relevant with the latest firmware updates. Does anyone here have experience connecting an updated Poly to a wifi network whose SSID includes a special character (in my case my wifi name includes a #)? Seems that is or was a real problem. Am I going to have to rename my network to get this Poly connected? That would be a major pain…

As an early adopter and now recent re-adpoter of the poly, v3 firmware changes everything. It took me 15min to get Poly v3 up and running.

Dec 27, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #18,392 of 19,034
As an early adopter and now recent re-adpoter of the poly, v3 firmware changes everything. It took me 15min to get Poly v3 up and running.
i'm excited to see the change in this thread, still catching up with everything that's been said. now on page 763. it's cool to see the changes overtime, and the back and forth between the people of Chord and the people here.

As I am a new user of the Poly, I feel thankful for the people who came before me and helped make this product into what it is now.

Speaking of: using UAPP for qobuz streaming and DLNA, M.A.L.P/MPDctrl/Cantata for MPD, and raop for airplay. it works so well, and it's such a joy to use. It takes a while to figure out all the ways it's usable, but then you just sit back, play whatever, and just smile.

Dec 29, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #18,393 of 19,034
Can I prioritise one WiFi network over another? When I enable my phone's hotspot, I would like the poly to switch to that from my home network whenever it's available.

It seems to do it already, but based on wifi strength?

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #18,394 of 19,034
Can I prioritise one WiFi network over another? When I enable my phone's hotspot, I would like the poly to switch to that from my home network whenever it's available.

It seems to do it already, but based on wifi strength?
Looking at things from the point of view of the Poly, maybe the wifi strength is all it has to be able to know if there is a network broadcasting. If there is zero strength the Poly cannot know if there is a network (but wifi switched off), or alternatively the network wifi is switched on but the router is out of range.

Dec 29, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #18,395 of 19,034
Looking at things from the point of view of the Poly, maybe the wifi strength is all it has to be able to know if there is a network broadcasting. If there is zero strength the Poly cannot know if there is a network (but wifi switched off), or alternatively the network wifi is switched on but the router is out of range.
the SSID and MAC address are both visible to Poly.

When I switch my mobile hotspot on, and it is close enough to the Poly, then it switches to this network from my home network. This tells me it's constantly scanning regardless if it's already connected.
As such it should be possible to do and set a priority. 'if X,Y,Z are available, then select X over Y, and Y over Z'.

Jan 8, 2024 at 5:48 AM Post #18,396 of 19,034
Hi everybody, I own a mojo 2, use android smartphone and am Amazon music unlimited subscriber.

I am evaluating a poly purchase but have some doubts on the functioning of this device.

In particular:
1) is it possible to stream amazon music to poly while on the move and still use the internet on my smartphone?
2) if 1) is possible, does poly receive the maximum resolution available on amazon music?

Thanks to whom may give advice.

Jan 8, 2024 at 8:24 AM Post #18,397 of 19,034
Hi everybody, I own a mojo 2, use android smartphone and am Amazon music unlimited subscriber.

I am evaluating a poly purchase but have some doubts on the functioning of this device.

In particular:
1) is it possible to stream amazon music to poly while on the move and still use the internet on my smartphone?
2) if 1) is possible, does poly receive the maximum resolution available on amazon music?

I believe the only way to wirelessly stream Amazon Music to Poly (from Android) is with SBC bluetooth, which is not good compared to modern codecs. It won't support HD or UltraHD bitrates (it will play but only at reduced bluetooth quality).

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #18,399 of 19,034
Thanks. And what if I switch to qobuz? Is there a way to stream to poly from my android smartphone and still being able to use internet in the phone?

You can stream from Qobuz (and Tidal) using UPnP (or even Roon) on wifi networks. When you say "on the go" things get more complicated. You can connect to the Poly hotspot or vice versa (phone hotspot) but it depends on your particular phone if it will still allow cellular data while connected to Poly's wifi.

It might be best to ask someone who has the same phone to be sure of the best approach.

Jan 8, 2024 at 8:41 AM Post #18,400 of 19,034
You can stream from Qobuz (and Tidal) using UPnP (or even Roon) on wifi networks. When you say "on the go" things get more complicated. You can connect to the Poly hotspot or vice versa (phone hotspot) but it depends on your particular phone if it will still allow cellular data while connected to Poly's wifi.

It might be best to ask someone who has the same phone to be sure of the best approach.
My smartphone is a samsung galaxy s23 ultra.

Jan 8, 2024 at 10:08 AM Post #18,401 of 19,034

In particular:

I can offer help to my fellow villager :)

So, as far as Android and Amazon Music are concerned you can't do anything except as RLW6534 suggested, so only via Bluetooth SBC the same thing goes for Spotify.

As for Quobuz and Tidal, however, you can take advantage of UPnP/DLNA support as they are compatible with rendering apps such as BubbleUPnP and recently also UAPP which has finally introduced UPnP/DLNA support.

As for use on the move, if you set the Poly in Hotspot mode, you will have to connect your phone to it and you will not be able to use the data network (until Android 10 this was possible) in this case you should do the otherwise, that is, activate the phone's hotspot and connect the Poly to the phone, in this way you will be able to use the data network

Jan 8, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #18,403 of 19,034
I can offer help to my fellow villager :)

So, as far as Android and Amazon Music are concerned you can't do anything except as RLW6534 suggested, so only via Bluetooth SBC the same thing goes for Spotify.

As for Quobuz and Tidal, however, you can take advantage of UPnP/DLNA support as they are compatible with rendering apps such as BubbleUPnP and recently also UAPP which has finally introduced UPnP/DLNA support.

As for use on the move, if you set the Poly in Hotspot mode, you will have to connect your phone to it and you will not be able to use the data network (until Android 10 this was possible) in this case you should do the otherwise, that is, activate the phone's hotspot and connect the Poly to the phone, in this way you will be able to use the data network

This is how I do it on my iPhone 15, using the mConnect app and the phone's hotspot.

Jan 8, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #18,404 of 19,034
This is how I do it on my iPhone 15, using the mConnect app and the phone's hotspot.
Absolutely yes, in the past I always used the Hotspot mode of the Poly with my Android 10 when it allowed me to surf the internet even if connected via Wifi to the Poly, when I switched to a new Android, this was no longer possible and I did the opposite and today I think it's much better as I don't have to log into GoFigure every time to change the Poly to WiFi mode when I get home to be able to use it with the home network and log back into GoFigure again to set it to Hotspot mode when I go out at home, in short it was really a nuisance.

Jan 8, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #18,405 of 19,034
Thank you very much.
This is what I do and it works well, I'm able to use Poly and use the internet on the phone just fine. It even works if I happen to have access to wifi (i.e. on a train), you can still set the phone's hotspot on and have the Poly connect to it.

This isn't the most graceful way to make the system work, as it drains the phone's battery a bit more, but it works.

For the Amazon Music question, an option with BubbleUPnP is its Audio Cast feature, where it will send all audio played on the phone to the connected device. It's helpful when I want to play from my offline library, as Bubble will do a current stream. Sound quality is indistinguishable to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back