Best Budget Durable Headphones
May 9, 2016 at 4:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

vladproex

New Head-Fier
Hello, everyone, I´m new here. I must say that I am a complete noob in headphones and my audio-taste is not refined at all but I love to listen to all kinds of music (rock, funk, classical...)

I just bought the Bluedio T2S, needless to say the quality is not the best. I would like the best quality for under 50 € (on Amazon.es) that would go with all kinds of music, but an essential feature is DURABILITY. I don´t want them to break in a few months. They don´t have to be bluetooth if that lowers the quality, I guess replaceable cable and pieces will do... Oh, and they have to be "big" (over the ear?).

Models considered:

Sol Republic Tracks HD
Skullycandy Ill-Famed 
Kinivo BTH240

Creative Sound Blaster Jam GH0300

Monoprice 10 8323

Thank you! 

May 9, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #2 of 8
For closed. you might check out the Senn HD201--it is a very good value for the euro.

Also, if you're thinking of something open or semi-open, the Superlux HD681 Evo II might be worth looking into. It has sound that far exceeds its price and is reasonably well constructed.

May 9, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #4 of 8
No, unfortuantely, they don't.  The 202 is also a headphone you may consider and recently it was praised by Tyll Herstons, author and owner of innerfidelity.  You can check out an article he wrong about them here: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sennheiser-hd-202-inexpensive-headphones-done-really-well#1H7Z9zRzqhTgrI7I.97

May 10, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #8 of 8
I own Sennheiser HD201. In my opinion, they are not worth what they sell for. They are on ear, super uncomfortable + no detachable cable. They have a lot of bass and there is no midrange. If I were you, I would take a look at AKG K240 (semi-open) - they are about 80 euros in Europe, but they are durable, sound really good and have detachable cable. If you really want to stick to your budget, you may want to check out a couple of Superlux models - they are really cheap and not that bad at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back