Audio-gd DI24/DI24HE
May 12, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #482 of 520
May 12, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #483 of 520
I've ordered one of the AfterDark I2S cables as they are reasonably priced but no idea how they are rated as very little reviews. I didn't realise it mattered that much with I2S

May 12, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #484 of 520
May 19, 2024 at 12:18 AM Post #486 of 520
I2S is excellent. Cable does matter. I recommend

Tubulus Concentus I2S Cable V2​

Never heard it. But I use

Platinum Starlight® 48 HDMI Cable​

also- 100% thick solid core pure silver OCC conductors. Copper conductor cables sounds dead in comparison.

I think there are only a handful of completely silver conductor HDMI cables on the market.

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 5:57 AM Post #487 of 520
The DSD sample rate on the display of the DI-24HE when upsampling in Hqplayer using I2S is showing DSD128 even though HQPlayer is set to output DSD256.
Could this be a DI-24HE issue or the server issue HQPlayer is on. Not sure who to contact for advice as it's starting to test my patience now?
Thanks

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #488 of 520

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 9:00 AM Post #489 of 520
Never heard it. But I use

Platinum Starlight® 48 HDMI Cable​

also- 100% thick solid core pure silver OCC conductors. Copper conductor cables sounds dead in comparison.

I think there are only a handful of completely silver conductor HDMI cables on the market.
Pink Faun I2S extruded tinplated copper I dare you to try them👍

The control of the layers is something speciel♥️

May 19, 2024 at 10:03 AM Post #491 of 520
May 19, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #492 of 520
Anyone know the maximum support sampling rate on the HDMI-IIS output on the DI-24HE? Specs on their website only gives Coaxial output and AES output and USB output sample rates. Sorry for all the questions just struggling to get HDMI-IIS to output any higher than DSD128.

Thanks.

May 19, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #493 of 520
Anyone know the maximum support sampling rate on the HDMI-IIS output on the DI-24HE? Specs on their website only gives Coaxial output and AES output and USB output sample rates. Sorry for all the questions just struggling to get HDMI-IIS to output any higher than DSD128.

Thanks.
It must be the same as maximum USB rate, as there is no faster input.

Problem you experience is with USB maximum rate. For PCM it is 384khz. DSD is difficult to understand, as there are two transfer methods: DoP and native.

What is your source (device/OS/player)? Your action depends on this.

DoP is supported by any OS, it is encapsulating DSD datastream in PCM frames which translate DSD64 to 176.4kHz and DSD128 to 352.8kHz. As you see, it is already approaching maximum PCM rate. It is why you can't get any further.

For a higher rate than DSD128 you need to force a native DSD transfer over USB which is not supported by Windows. Only few players support native transfers, they will use ASIO interface which is available after installing Amanero drivers.

Check such capability to transfer native DSD with your player. There is also Amanero firmware optimised for Linux, it require to install different drivers when working with Windows. Default firmware is optimised for Windows.

May 19, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #494 of 520
It must be the same as maximum USB rate, as there is no faster input.

Problem you experience is with USB maximum rate. For PCM it is 384khz. DSD is difficult to understand, as there are two transfer methods: DoP and native.

What is your source (device/OS/player)? Your action depends on this.

DoP is supported by any OS, it is encapsulating DSD datastream in PCM frames which translate DSD64 to 176.4kHz and DSD128 to 352.8kHz. As you see, it is already approaching maximum PCM rate. It is why you can't get any further.

For a higher rate than DSD128 you need to force a native DSD transfer over USB which is not supported by Windows. Only few players support native transfers, they will use ASIO interface which is available after installing Amanero drivers.

Check such capability to transfer native DSD with your player. There is also Amanero firmware optimised for Linux, it require to install different drivers when working with Windows. Default firmware is optimised for Windows.
Antipodes CX/EX using HQPlayer embedded on CX and EX as player and using the DI-24HE to give me HDMI I2S

May 19, 2024 at 5:56 PM Post #495 of 520
Antipodes CX/EX using HQPlayer embedded on CX and EX as player and using the DI-24HE to give me HDMI I2S
It must be some version of embedded Linux OS. I don't use HQPlayer, can't give exact instruction. Go to the options and find DSD output, it must be something like Native vs DoP (default). I know, that by default is not activated. If such option is not available or grey-out, it must be a problem with Antipodes OS not supporting native DSD. If everything is right on the HQPlayer and Antipodes side, then Amanero firmware optimised for Linux might help.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back