Audio dealers with trade-in programs?
Jun 7, 2017 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Music Alchemist

Pokémon trainer of headphones
If you know of any audio equipment dealers with trade-in programs (that let you give them your stuff in exchange for or credit towards another item), please link to them here!

Jun 8, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #4 of 9
What are you talking about?

I think he means that hopefully there will actually be a store that lets you do that and it's not a fruitless endeavor.

VModa has a trade in program for their own line of headphones I believe. If you have a product of theirs you can trade it in for credit for one of their other headphones.

Jun 8, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #5 of 9
I think he means that hopefully there will actually be a store that lets you do that and it's not a fruitless endeavor.

VModa has a trade in program for their own line of headphones I believe. If you have a product of theirs you can trade it in for credit for one of their other headphones.

Sorry, I'm paranoid. XD Although that was one of the obvious interpretations, for a second I thought he could have been implying I don't have gear to trade in the first place or something like that. (Every once in awhile, someone comes along who thinks I lie about audio gear I've owned, for whatever reason.)

Yes, HIFIMAN and some other headphone manufacturers have trade-in programs too, but only for their own products. But I was looking for audio dealers who would accept trade-ins for all sorts of things, such as DACs.

Jun 8, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #6 of 9
Sorry, did not mean to offend.
I would love to find somewhere to do a trade for Daps,headphones,whatever else audio related.
As I am constantly wanting new gear but alas I have no funds, so trading would be a great way to get more gear.
I imagine that a online site would be best as long as there is an international community and a whole lot of trust.
Right now in Canada all we really have is Kijiji or Craigslist. Right now I would love to trade my Fiio collection for either Shanling or Cayin Caps.
I guess we can dream a about this,for now

"Let the Music Play"
Bruce

Jun 8, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #9 of 9
Sorry, did not mean to offend.
I would love to find somewhere to do a trade for Daps,headphones,whatever else audio related.
As I am constantly wanting new gear but alas I have no funds, so trading would be a great way to get more gear.
I imagine that a online site would be best as long as there is an international community and a whole lot of trust.
Right now in Canada all we really have is Kijiji or Craigslist. Right now I would love to trade my Fiio collection for either Shanling or Cayin Caps.
I guess we can dream a about this,for now

"Let the Music Play"
Bruce

No worries.

I've done a lot of trading on the Head-Fi classifieds. (I'm actually setting up another potential trade at the moment.) It's one of the best ways out there. But on the other hand, it's a pretty limited way of doing things because you have to find someone who wants what you have and has what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back