Anyone from the Philippines here?
Feb 18, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #496 of 589
Wow I didnt know na yung Noble, AAW, 64 Audio (1964 Ears), and Lear meron na sa Pilipinas. Outdated talaga ako. Sino naman dealers ng mga to? EGGHEAD? Ayoko kasi mag order dito sa US tapos mag pa shipped pa ako sa Pilipinas. Alam nyo naman customs natin, kundi tax problema mawawala nalang yung item. Thank you sa info!

mmm....except for Lear and Rhines which Egghead carries, the rest can be sourced through Polaris Audio Design (FB the 411). Gabby of PAD supplied the Noble 4C (4 balanced armature)  and AAW W300 AR (hybrid balanced armature and dynamic driver) and I just placed my order for Empire Ear's Zeus (14 balanced armature) with him. Both dealers are reliable. For ear impressions, you can have it done at the Megamall branch of Manila Hearing Aid or, in the case of Polaris, Gabby will make the impressions.

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #497 of 589

Egghead (and also Listening in Style if you want to check out other expensive stuff, not much in the way of accessories though) in Shang Mall, spend the whole day there so you can eat lunch and then dinner while looking at audio stuff. I would highly recommend Green Pastures (owned by the same guy who owns Cyma). Get the Pinoy Egg as appetizer (Scotch Egg, but with a soft-boiled duck egg wrapped in garlic longganisa and panko bread crumbs), and then have either the Porchetta Sandwich (lechon belly sandwich, basically), or try the Bleu Ribbon Burger - brisket patty, freshly ground, with bleu cheese and served with a side of fries with powdered duck fat, and preferably have it medium-rare so the brisket retains its somewhat cheese-like flavor.

In case you like your steaks rare (if not blue), try Tender Bob's in Shang. It's a chain resto, but the kitchen staff there never got my steaks wrong, unlike the Greenhills and North EDSA branches. I order my steaks blue, and it comes out as I described - seared almost "tostado" outside, very dark crust, but borderline bloody inside. The other branches have a tendency to hand me a steak with a light grey exterior that is barely a crust, and then totally raw-feeling inside (ie it's not even hot). If you haven't tried Mesa yet, walk over to Megamall (Atrium section) and gorge on their boneless Crispy Pata and Sisig Rice. Emphasis on "walk" because of parking, traffic, and the need to burn off the fat.

mmm........finally got to try Green Pastures at Shangri-La Plaza and promptly ordered the Blue Ribbon burger. Very tasty patty (blended) and the toasted brioche is just the perfect bun. I also love the fries with the cumin mayo. Had it before going to Egghead Audiohub. Auditioned some speakers (Q Acoustics) with the Denon amp. Also, got to try the Atmos ceiling-mounted speakers. Woof.....it  sounded and felt like a real cinema. Rico offered Final Lab One (meron daw makukuha) but I'm set on getting the TH 900 MK II. Still thinking.... 

Mar 3, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #498 of 589

mmm........finally got to try Green Pastures at Shangri-La Plaza and promptly ordered the Blue Ribbon burger. Very tasty patty (blended) and the toasted brioche is just the perfect bun. I also love the fries with the cumin mayo. Had it before going to Egghead Audiohub. Auditioned some speakers (Q Acoustics) with the Denon amp. Also, got to try the Atmos ceiling-mounted speakers. Woof.....it  sounded and felt like a real cinema. Rico offered Final Lab One (meron daw makukuha) but I'm set on getting the TH 900 MK II. Still thinking.... 

Next time you're there try the Porcetta sandwich, or that other cheeseburger (the one with the shortrib meat stuffed into the patty), but either way, go there hungry 
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #499 of 589
mmm...thanks. I will. My reference burger is Elbert's: burger patty (from  Wisconsin beef, if memory serves me right), provolone and rustic bread. Nothing else. Perfect beef and lots of umami taste. Too bad they moved from Power Plant to faraway Alabang.

Mar 3, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #500 of 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by raypin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mmm...thanks. I will. My reference burger is Elbert's: burger patty (from  Wisconsin beef, if memory serves me right), provolone and rustic bread. Nothing else. Perfect beef and lots of umami taste. Too bad they moved from Power Plant to faraway Alabang.

Is that the same as the steakroom? The best burgers usually are in steakhouses because they specialize in good beef. Even if they used crest (the marbled but tough neck meat that is most often used for ground beef), chances are steaks that have gone too long there past the aging process will end up in the burger meat along with some trimmings when they do further cleaning on the ribeye and striploin.

8 Cuts had a great idea to use different kinds in each patty, and they used to ask if you want the burgers medium rare - a sign that they usually grind them only when the order is made - but not anymore, and I can see through the window how many are prepped at any given time. The Hanger+Brisket burger i great since you get a lot of beefy flavors but without the need to cook down the brisket since you'll grind it, and pink brisket has a somewhat cheesy flavor to it (which is why you often see brisket patties paired with strong cheese, like blue). 

That's how my cousin ended up trying Green Pastures (despite how, on initial look, it seemed like it was annoying vegan hippie wonderland, until he saw the menu actually had meat), and by now even some of my other friends who I dragged away from 8 Cuts (upon seeing how many prepared patties were already all over the racks) all love the Blue Ribbon more than every other burger in town, or at least until I buy my own grinder and run select hanger and brisket through it, freeze for 20mins, then sear on the grill. Unfortunately I'm too lazy to the point that I purchased new cast iron - including a 7in round skillet with tapered sides - just so I can cook and eat weekend breakfasts on the same skillet, and then wash it with running water and another 5mins over the flames to dry it out, rather than wash a buttload of dishes much less soak cookware overnight to get stuck food off of them, something that doesn't happen once you've seasoned, cooked bacon, then seasoned, then cooked bacon on cast iron.

Mar 24, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #502 of 589
Hi po, at natutuwa ako na may nakita na akong thread para saating mga Pilipino!
beyersmile.png

Bago lang po ako sa "Audiophile" hobby. I need some advice about equipment (mostly about headphones). 

I have a ATH M50x which is a closed back headphone and I am glad that I bought these (Thanks MKBHD, a tech youtuber recommended it instead of Beats, please don't hate me huhu). I got this at OLX with the price almost the same at Amazon for the Limited Edition Brown and Green one and the condition is still new. 
atsmile.gif

I am planning to buy another pair of cans and I found some V-Modas at OLX. I am still reluctant about it though. 

Ano po ang affordable at magandang audio player? Colorfly or Fiio? Ang mahal po kasi ng audio needs dito eh compared sa Malaysia according to the M50x seller sa OLX. T-T

Mar 24, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #503 of 589
Hi po, at natutuwa ako na may nakita na akong thread para saating mga Pilipino! :beyersmile:  

Bago lang po ako sa "Audiophile" hobby. I need some advice about equipment (mostly about headphones). 

I have a ATH M50x which is a closed back headphone and I am glad that I bought these (Thanks MKBHD, a tech youtuber recommended it instead of Beats, please don't hate me huhu). I got this at OLX with the price almost the same at Amazon for the Limited Edition Brown and Green one and the condition is still new. :atsmile:  

I am planning to buy another pair of cans and I found some V-Modas at OLX. I am still reluctant about it though. 

Ano po ang affordable at magandang audio player? Colorfly or Fiio? Ang mahal po kasi ng audio needs dito eh compared sa Malaysia according to the M50x seller sa OLX. T-T

Hello to you sir! Im just a newbie too!! So Welcome to thread! Planning to buy the M50x. Para may closed back na din ako. Anyway, based sa mga reviews na nababasa ko dito sa forum and other sources magandang source ang fiio. Pero kung afford mo ang astel go for it. Happy Listening! :)

Mar 24, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #504 of 589
  Hi po, at natutuwa ako na may nakita na akong thread para saating mga Pilipino!
beyersmile.png

I have a ATH M50x which is a closed back headphone and I am glad that I bought these (Thanks MKBHD, a tech youtuber recommended it instead of Beats, please don't hate me huhu). I got this at OLX with the price almost the same at Amazon for the Limited Edition Brown and Green one and the condition is still new. 
atsmile.gif

the best cgro try mo nlng ang pairing sa egghead shangri-la..lahat ng DAPs nkdisplay..marami din hp's to try...
accommodating nmn mga staffs nila..
iv been there once plng pero if i'll buy new gears and I have time, ppunta parin ako dun to audition gears..

Mar 24, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #506 of 589
Hello to you sir! Im just a newbie too!! So Welcome to thread! Planning to buy the M50x. Para may closed back na din ako. Anyway, based sa mga reviews na nababasa ko dito sa forum and other sources magandang source ang fiio. Pero kung afford mo ang astel go for it. Happy Listening!
smily_headphones1.gif

Babae po ako btw. 
biggrin.gif
 Fiio X1 na po ang pinagiisipan ko dahil mura at kaya sa budget ko pa yun. Maganda po yung M50x, maganda ang soundstage for a closed headphone at V shaped siya at minsan akala ko flat ang signature. ang downside ay yung noise isolation (dahil siguro na 2nd Hand na kaya napitpit na ang padding. Baka bumili po ako ng Velour pads for M50x sa Massdrop.) 

Mar 24, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #507 of 589

the best cgro try mo nlng ang pairing sa egghead shangri-la..lahat ng DAPs nkdisplay..marami din hp's to try...
accommodating nmn mga staffs nila..
iv been there once plng pero if i'll buy new gears and I have time, ppunta parin ako dun to audition gears..

Oh, ang layo po nun sa probinsya ko... huhu (taga-Laguna po ako). Ang kaya ko lang puntahan ay ang Makati-Manila Area. Salamat po sa suggestion. 
regular_smile .gif

Mar 24, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #508 of 589
  Oh, ang layo po nun sa probinsya ko... huhu (taga-Laguna po ako). Ang kaya ko lang puntahan ay ang Makati-Manila Area. Salamat po sa suggestion. 
regular_smile%20.gif

aw..sa price range nya, sulit nmn ang x1..
havent heard any other fiio daps yet other than the old x5..
if you're planning to buy a bnew x1, stretch mo nlng konti budget mo for X3, X5 or DX50 kahit 2nd hand...

Mar 24, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #509 of 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenPH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
regular_smile%20.gif

If you can get to Makati, take the MRT from Ayala Station and get off at Shaw - those stations are only a few kms and a few minutes apart, and if you go on a weekend (especially Sunday) then the worst "sardine can" situation you'll get is if you get on at Ayala (still not even half as bad on a Sunday as on a Monday), so might as well get on at Taft Avenue instead, unless you're driving your own car then might as well park in Glorietta IV and then take the MRT. When you get off at Shaw station there's direct access to Shang mall so don't take the stairs down to street level.

Plan it out carefully, go early on Saturday or Sunday, get to Shang before 11am. Have brunch and then go into Egghead (that way you beat the lunch crowd at the restaurants and hunger doesn't get in the way of listening). Then eat before you leave Shang (might as well make the most out of it and eat at least in Green Pastures, although they have a branch in Makati). 

Mar 24, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #510 of 589

Hey guys I would like to share to you my portable rig! From left to right. iFi micro iDSD>monoprice otg cable>JH13pro Version2(5 hours of burn-in time)>Galaxy s7 Edge (Exynos)(200GB card).

As of now di ako makausap ng mga kasama ko dito. Im so addicted to the sound of JH13V2. From low to mid to highs superb sound quality. But whenever I remember how much I spend with this rig I really wanna cry but deep inside me. I know its realy worth it. Share naman yung iba dyan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back