Zune Premium Headphones v2
Mar 26, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #16 of 21
Get the IE7 if you can't spend money on the IE8s. I got my IE7s for $190 shipped from JandR. Loving the sound so far on them (returned the monster turbines).

Mar 26, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #17 of 21
I heard the pk2s were good, but they didn't have enough bass so that rules them out. I don't mind the OK3s form, and wouldn't mind paying a bit more for them instead of the OK3s if they have better sound.

I hope this doesn't become an expensive obsession for me. Before I joined this forum (Joined yesterday) I would have never thought of buying $80+ headphones, but with all of these audiophiles obsessing over sound quality it only makes me want to get a $160 pair. Just can't afford to keep spending more... I think I need help.

Mar 26, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ignorant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard the pk2s were good, but they didn't have enough bass so that rules them out. I don't mind the OK3s form, and wouldn't mind paying a bit more for them instead of the OK3s if they have better sound.

I hope this doesn't become an expensive obsession for me. Before I joined this forum (Joined yesterday) I would have never thought of buying $80+ headphones, but with all of these audiophiles obsessing over sound quality it only makes me want to get a $160 pair. Just can't afford to keep spending more... I think I need help.

LOL

This place will suck you in With your wallet closely in tow !!!
devil_face.gif

I came on here just like you looking for a decent pair of heaphones to replace the stock earbuds i got with my zune 30.. Little did i know what i was getting into.
very_evil_smiley.gif

My only saving grace is the fact that i use the buy and sell forums here instead of getting stuff retail. I would be in some serious trouble by now if i puchased all the iems ive tried so far getting it at retail prices !!

Now to the equipment
I would suggest going for a pair of Vmoda Vibes to get your feet wet since bass is an emphasis for you and they should be had for between 70-100 dollars.

Your next step would prolly be Atrio M5's or Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pros but those are in the 150-200 range which you prolly dont want to hear about yet.

What you prolly do not want to try based on your bass preference are any lower end shures, phonaks, Jays or etymotics as the bass are slightly more anaemic and these brands are known for emphasis on mids or highs (putting it loosley).

Read up on them and them see what fits your preferences

Cheers

Mar 27, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #20 of 21
Yeah, the FS forums is a godsend for people getting into this stuff, especially if you live somewhere where getting some things is hard.

Mar 27, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, the FS forums is a godsend for people getting into this stuff, especially if you live somewhere were getting some things is hard.

Yup, see if you can get a good deal int he FS forums.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back