Zune on Woot! for $99.99sss
Oct 6, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #46 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by humanafterall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
General consensus in the forum is the Zune 30 sounds better than the iPod. There, I saved you research.

thanks
3000smile.gif

Oct 6, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #47 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by humanafterall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
General consensus in the forum is the Zune 30 sounds better than the iPod. There, I saved you research.

x2

You can see the chipset at Zune-Online. From there you can do research about the chips if you'd like, but yes, the Zune is considered to have one of the best sounds out there.

I don't know why he had to send it back, sorry to hear it. I've put mine through hell in back in the few months I've had it, and no problems.

Oct 6, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #48 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've found that with my VAIO Pocket, gapless only works if I use ATRAC. Do you use ATRAC, or did you get gapless to work 100% with MP3s?

I use mp3s for most things that aren't sonyconnect downloads. I think gapless works, but I use shuffle most of the time so I'm not positive.

Oct 6, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #50 of 167
I really want one, but it doesn't work on Linux... and I need a larger drive anyways (even the 80GB Zune is too small).

aaugh!!!!

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #51 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really want one, but it doesn't work on Linux... and I need a larger drive anyways (even the 80GB Zune is too small).

aaugh!!!!

HARD DRIVE HACK!

Hell, I've got 2 now. One for video, one for music. Are you one of those people that needs all 200GB of their music collection with them at once?

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #52 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpinjohn1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I picked one up, where can I find the new firmware for the zune? The one that gives all the features of the the new zune 2. thanks!

It's not being released til mid-November. See more information on the Zune 2 thread.

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #53 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCC /img/forum/go_quote.gif

aaugh!!!!

I have a mac
frown.gif

Oct 6, 2007 at 11:21 AM Post #54 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpinjohn1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I picked one up, where can I find the new firmware for the zune? The one that gives all the features of the the new zune 2. thanks!

It's not out yet, mate. November is when it's out.

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #55 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by cchaeha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a mac
frown.gif

I picked up a zune two days before I picked up a macbook...what the hell.

I have two computers - one laptop for home, macbook for school. Just gave sister the ipod...hmm... time to steal back?

If zune has better sq though, I am all for it.

Oct 6, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #56 of 167
Why won't this deal die! Every time I look at it I'm tempted to buy a Zune. I just need to keep reminding myself that it doesn't have gapless, or folder browsing, or drag and drop... must not buy!
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 7, 2007 at 9:07 AM Post #59 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why won't this deal die! Every time I look at it I'm tempted to buy a Zune. I just need to keep reminding myself that it doesn't have gapless, or folder browsing, or drag and drop... must not buy!
evil_smiley.gif

DO ITTTTT!!!!

No gapless. Drag and drop with the program, but not through explorer. And, well, there is a portable hard drive hack, if that's what you meant by folder browsing.

Oct 7, 2007 at 9:08 AM Post #60 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I picked up a zune two days before I picked up a macbook...what the hell.

I have two computers - one laptop for home, macbook for school. Just gave sister the ipod...hmm... time to steal back?

If zune has better sq though, I am all for it.

MUCH better sq. And if you just picked up a new macbook, chances are you can boot windows. And if you can boot windows, you can run Zune. No?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back