Zune LOD
Jul 13, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #31 of 44
Well, no luck for me. The LOD came today, I promptly plugged it into my Zune80, connected the mini to mini and my T3 and listened. Nothing. Silence. Now, that means either one of three things: This LOD is only good with the original 30GB Zune, it's only good with the Zune HD, or it's basically a ripoff. At $16, I am not going to get too po'd. But really, it's not working. I tried my amp via HP out (with same mini to mini) and there is sound, so it's not the amp or the cable or the phones. What gives here? Interestingly enough, I ordered a Zune HD and it will arrive tomorrow, but I am concerned about plugging the LOD into my new Zune.

Jul 13, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #32 of 44
I was wondering about if the LOD really worked `cause, nobody has reviewed yet. Bad luck mate, I own a zune 30gb and a HD but I am going to use it basically on the HD only, so I'm just going have to wait for your review.

Jul 13, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #33 of 44
Thanks for taking one for the team Slater! 
smile_phones.gif

Jul 13, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #34 of 44
Well, I can only do a review if it actually works with the ZuneHD, but I am guessing not. Looks to me as if they made it for the Zune30, since that's the player that is in their photo. I wonder if it will work at all, with any Zunes. Of course, my hope is that the maker had tried it first before selling it.

Quote:
I was wondering about if the LOD really worked `cause, nobody has reviewed yet. Bad luck mate, I own a zune 30gb and a HD but I am going to use it basically on the HD only, so I'm just going have to wait for your review.

Jul 13, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #36 of 44

Quote:
Well, I can only do a review if it actually works with the ZuneHD, but I am guessing not. Looks to me as if they made it for the Zune30, since that's the player that is in their photo. I wonder if it will work at all, with any Zunes. Of course, my hope is that the maker had tried it first before selling it.

I have a feeling that it actually doesnt work with any zune, but the guy who sales this LOD sales many others and has a good rep.

Jul 13, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #37 of 44
Could be. I sent him a disgruntled email. He does have a high rating, but would he sell an LOD without testing it out. It is clearly shown plugged into a Zune30, so that could be the only one.

Jul 13, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #38 of 44

[size=medium]
Update: Just heard from the ebay seller, Rudy, and he says he only tested on the Zune30 (first gen models), and figured it would work on all of the Zunes. He's an honest guy and is refunding my money, which is nice. I will be curious to see if it works with the HD, but doubt it. Unless I got a bad one or something. Anyway, he made good. And he is changing his ebay ad to reflect they only work with the Zunes.

So maybe someday he will make one that works with the Zune80/120 or HD, but for now, it seems to only be good with the 30GB or other early models.
[/size]

Apr 21, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #39 of 44
I believe I saw this post in another thread for the Zune LOD. Just thought I'd mention that I tried this in the classic Zune 30, just like in the picture, to no avail. I've got silence. I wonder if this "handshaking" business has something to do with it. I tried various patterns of turning off/on plugging/unplugging etc, but none were successful. 

EDIT for those looking for the answer to this question*****

This line out *does* work. After browsing around on similar ebay pages I found that you can activate the LOD by holding down the play pause button. 

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #40 of 44
Hi everyone,

i just want to share my findings. you just need to short pin 18 with ground and shut the zune down and start it again than you get sound from the line out.

Happy modding :wink:

Aug 11, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #41 of 44
Anyone know if this Zune LOD is still available? Is it a worthwhile improvement? I just discovered I still have my Zune 120 which I thought was long gone.

Aug 13, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #44 of 44

Users who are viewing this thread

Back