Zorloo Zophia Wire.less Earphones review/impressions thread
Jun 8, 2022 at 10:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

viperxp

100+ Head-Fier
Hello.

This thread will be dedicated to Zorloo Zophia Wired/Wireless earphones. Those are not you regular earphones, so let's start.

Screenshot 2022-06-08 163126.png

So, what do we have here?

We have a unique product. A pair of TWS earphones (with AptX support) that come with portable DAC that can be used to connect the earphones. I am not familiar with similar concept, and was really excited to try the product.

Let's start

DSC_6777_cr.jpg

The headphones come in a small carton white box, that has describes the unique features.

DSC_6782_cr.jpgDSC_6784_cr.jpg

DSC_6797_cr.jpg

Inside the box you can find some accessories (more about them later), the charging case with the earphones inside.
The case itself has a very easy to understand charging status (4 leds) and 2 charging status leds for the earphones outside the box.

DSC_6786_cr.jpg

DSC_6787_cr.jpgDSC_6788_cr.jpgDSC_6789_cr.jpg

The earphones themselves are half translucent, smooth and nice to touch. They don't feel heavy, but not cheaply light nether. The charging contacts come covered, and the earphones are at 60% charge. Of course we are talking about type-C charger here. The earphones have a black mesh protecting the earphones from dirt going in.

DSC_6799_cr.jpgDSC_6800_cr.jpgDSC_6801_cr.jpg

The earphones come with 3 pairs of eartips, charging cable and the DAC.

DSC_6794_cr.jpgDSC_6792_cr.jpgDSC_6790_cr.jpg

The charging case is much larger than the one that comes with Jabra Elite 65T, but the earphones are about the same size, which is very nice.

DSC_6795_cr.jpgDSC_6796_cr.jpg

Speaking of comparisons, I've compared the earphones to KZ ZEX Pro and KZ Terminator, and they have comparable size, while being TWS, I think it's a great achievement.

DSC_6805_cr.jpgDSC_6804_cr.jpg

One thing that I was very interested at is, what about using the earphones with 3rd party cables, or other earphones with the DAC? So .. one thing is possibly (using 0.78mm earphones, it looks a bit odd but works) and the other is not possible.

Enough with the pics, show us the money!

So.. what about the real impressions? Here you go:

The earphones sit securely inside the ears, don't fall off even when running. I never put a different than the default medium size tips.
The Bluetooth connection between phone and earphones is ... outstanding! much better than Jabra Elite 65T and Bose 700/QC 35 2 that I used. It does not get interrupted by some nasty fluorescent lights, and music connection is stable to when running. The earphones never loose connectivity between themselves too.
When the DAC is connected the Bluetooth shuts down.
While I am not a big fan of touch controls, they do work here, after some getting used period.

What about the sound? The DAC ?

Wireless

So.. the real deal. The earphones (wirelessly) sound great. To be more precise they have a clear sound with minimal distortions on any volume. The sound does not feel to be insite your hear, and not gets muddy. Talking about sound, the sound is different from almost any other earphones/headphones I own. It's not bass-centric (even Jabra 65 sound much much bassier and muddier), but more mid-high frequency focused. They sound especially great with 80's-90's music and woman vocals, while can be tiresome with something loaded with cymbals. Youtube and lower quality mp3's are highly unrecommended, they sound really really bad with those.
What surprised me a bit was the volume - I found myself maxing out the volume - it's something I don't remember myself doing with any other earphones, and certainly not with my home Topping stack.

Wired

Well.. Compared to wireless the sound is very very similar. It is even more picky to lower quality recordings, but the max volume limitation is eliminated - I did not hit the max when using with the DAC. The connection is straightforward with Android and Win11 - plug and play.

Conclusion, improvement ideas.

If you find the concept interesting - those earphones can be a great addition to your collection. Again - it's a unique product at the moment. I personally would recommend trying to hear the earphones before buying, because you don't get your typical V shaped sound signature, it feels flat with some accent on upper mid region. I personally think that adding some kind of holster for the DAC would be a great idea. The volume is on no way low, but they won't blow your ears off when connected wireless.
If you have any other questions - things that you would like me to test - please let me know, I will be happy to assist.

Attachments

• DSC_6802_cr.jpg
    DSC_6802_cr.jpg
    1,004.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_6803_cr.jpg
    DSC_6803_cr.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back